Breakfast before the Parks

revwog1974

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I'll be at Disneyland Oct. 11-14 with my daughter and while we're there we will meet my cousin and her family for breakfast Sunday the 14th. I'm taking advantage of the CHOC walk's late opening time of Disneyland to see these family members I haven't seen in a long time. To put it lightly they are not "Disney people" but I will be there without a car, so they need to come to us. They also tend to like nicer restaurants so I was thinking Steakhouse 55 might be good but I'm not sure how dramatic the Disney theme is there.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a a nice breakfast outside of the parks on a Sunday morning? If we do go to Steakhouse 55 will they be able to park at the Disneyland hotel to meet us?

Hi all,
I'll be at Disneyland Oct. 11-14 with my daughter and while we're there we will meet my cousin and her family for breakfast Sunday the 14th. I'm taking advantage of the CHOC walk's late opening time of Disneyland to see these family members I haven't seen in a long time. To put it lightly they are not "Disney people" but I will be there without a car, so they need to come to us. They also tend to like nicer restaurants so I was thinking Steakhouse 55 might be good but I'm not sure how dramatic the Disney theme is there.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a a nice breakfast outside of the parks on a Sunday morning? If we do go to Steakhouse 55 will they be able to park at the Disneyland hotel to meet us?

Steakhouse 55 serves a great breakfast that is reasonably priced for Disneyland. The theming there is not bright-colored, animated Disney. I've only been twice but from what I remember the lighting is subdued, some might say a bit dim, and the photographs on the wall are historical, pictures of Walt Disney and other people, old theme park pictures. I think many or all of these pictures were in black and white. Honestly I'm terrible for remembering decor in situations like that, so somebody who has a better eye or memory for these things can expand on this. What I'm really trying to say is that I think the location would suit even those who aren't Disneyphiles but very much please those who are. The restaurant gives that "nice restaurant" vibe, so if that's what your family likes they should be comfortable. As for parking, I think they can park at the DLH since they will be eating a meal there. I know if you eat at Goofy's you can get your DLH parking stub validated and not have to pay, not sure if breakfast at Steakhouse gets the same treatment. You should ask Disney dining that question when setting up the reservation.

What about Mimis Cafe? Between Fairfield & Hojo. If you are staying onsite it would probably be a 10 minute walk?

Lots of parking and yummy breakfasts. Not really Disney theming, but I haven't met many people who don't like Mimi's (not to be confused with Millies which is right next door)

Would they be interested in brunch at either the Jazz Kitchen or House of Blues? HOB will be noisier. The JK is fun.

Steakhouse 55 serves a great breakfast that is reasonably priced for Disneyland. The theming there is not bright-colored, animated Disney. I've only been twice but from what I remember the lighting is subdued, some might say a bit dim, and the photographs on the wall are historical, pictures of Walt Disney and other people, old theme park pictures. I think many or all of these pictures were in black and white. Honestly I'm terrible for remembering decor in situations like that, so somebody who has a better eye or memory for these things can expand on this. What I'm really trying to say is that I think the location would suit even those who aren't Disneyphiles but very much please those who are. The restaurant gives that "nice restaurant" vibe, so if that's what your family likes they should be comfortable. As for parking, I think they can park at the DLH since they will be eating a meal there. I know if you eat at Goofy's you can get your DLH parking stub validated and not have to pay, not sure if breakfast at Steakhouse gets the same treatment. You should ask Disney dining that question when setting up the reservation.

That is a pretty accurate description of the decor and mood. This is our favorite breakfast spot in the whole resort food wise, in fact my son and I will be there that morning. We like that it is nice and quiet before we head into the parks.

I've never been to Mimi's. My impression is that it's a bit casual. Is that right? We're staying at the BWPPI so it would be closer than walking to the Disneyland Hotel but it's not like any of it is all that far.

The House of Blues brunch seats at 10 and 12? Is that right? They don't have any other breakfast?

Thanks for the help everybody!

I've never been to Mimi's. My impression is that it's a bit casual. Is that right? We're staying at the BWPPI so it would be closer than walking to the Disneyland Hotel but it's not like any of it is all that far.

Mimi's is a chain restaurant; "casual" is a good word to describe it. They serve a hearty breakfast, and the menu definitely has some decent choices. My family has enjoyed many meals at Mimi's. Based on your original post though, it's not the kind of place that would have jumped to mind. For a "nicer" restaurant, I would consider Steakhouse 55 or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

Consider me a second vote for Steakhouse 55. We try to have breakfast there at least once a trip. The food is amazing, the decor and service are upscale but not stuffy, and the price isn't much higher than some counter service places in the parks.

If your cousin and family aren't "Disney people", they could easily eat there without ever noticing anything Disney.

Oh, except that Steakhouse 55's lobby is right next to Goofy's, which can be a bit loud and hectic in the mornings. Once you're in the restaraunt proper, all is serene and classy.

Consider me a second vote for Steakhouse 55. We try to have breakfast there at least once a trip. The food is amazing, the decor and service are upscale but not stuffy, and the price isn't much higher than some counter service places in the parks.

If your cousin and family aren't "Disney people", they could easily eat there without ever noticing anything Disney.

Oh, except that Steakhouse 55's lobby is right next to Goofy's, which can be a bit loud and hectic in the mornings. Once you're in the restaraunt proper, all is serene and classy.

Thank you. That helps me locate it. I wasn't sure where it was. But I've been to Goofy's. I like Goofy's. ;) But it sounds like they will be happier at Steakhouse 55. How on earth I ended up with cousins who aren't Disney fans I'll never know. But at least they're willing to come see me. That's worth a lot.

Another vote for Steakhouse 55! We ate there several times during our stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The food was great.

As for parking, I think they can park at the DLH since they will be eating a meal there. I know if you eat at Goofy's you can get your DLH parking stub validated and not have to pay, not sure if breakfast at Steakhouse gets the same treatment. You should ask Disney dining that question when setting up the reservation.

yep its the same thing...although if they are staying at BWPPI i just dont see why they would bother with the car....just walk...its not that far....

Another vote for Steakhouse 55! We ate there several times during our stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The food was great.

yes yes and yes...they make the best chorizo and egg burrito...its big and very VERY filling....

yep its the same thing...although if they are staying at BWPPI i just dont see why they would bother with the car....just walk...its not that far....

It's not OP who needs the parking. It's OP's cousin and her family who it sounds like live locally and are coming to meet OP at the DLR for breakfast who will need a place to park.

I also vote for Steakhouse 55. Your Family can park at the hotel, and get a comp for parking at the restaurant. Enjoy! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter