• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast at the Trailside Inn

cquick

DIS Veteran
We stayed at Ft. Wilderness cabins 12-21 to 12-25. It was so much fun.........EXCEPT breakfast at the Trailside....the food and service were very unexceptional.....greasy potatoes, no fresh fruit,no juice, grumpy servers, dried out waffles, old scrambled eggs..not even fresh toast was offered. ..certainly not what we expected! ..we paid over $60 for a family of 4......

Anyone else have other experiences with breakfast? I think we should have had cereal or gone to Denny's....

we ate there one morning and for 6 it would have been right at 100 bucks except for using the dining plan....and I have to agree!! They have much less to offer than in times past and what they had wasn't very good.....I wasn't inclined to go back...instead we hopped over the the All Star resorts for breakfast there on our last day which used to be a tradition at the Fort :headache:

The last several visits to the Fort we have skipped TE buffet completely.

If the recent comments are correct we will be skipping the buffet on our next trip. Our previous trip more than a year ago I got tired of the breakfast after a couple of times. The servers and other people were still great at that time. It seems that the food in general at the buffet is being changed to save money, too bad because it may end up costing them more with lost business in the long run. But then again, could this be what they want, to do away with the buffet and not have to take all the blame if it happens.

Jim

We were there on two seperate trips and both times we had the same HORRIBLE waiter! :confused3 When he came over, we were like, "Please, someone? Anyone?" else! Our dishes remained on our table, we couldn't get a refresh of our coffee and he somehow managed to mess the bill up the second time when we asked him to split it? :confused3 The food was ok, but the wait time and service were horrible!

Sad too because we had previously had nothing but good food and good service during other visits. Now, no one in our party wants to go back. :rolleyes:

Wow, I guess I have hit it just right as the breakfasts we had in Dec., just 2 weeks ago, October and Sept. were all rather good. We get there early so maybe that makes a difference.
I tried the Mickey waffles for the first time 2 weeks ago and they were hot, fluffy and quite good. The eggs, biscuits, sausage, bacon, hash, breakfast pizza and potatoes were standard fair, but the sticky buns, YUM!!!!!:thumbsup2
The coffee is OK and OJ is alright. I do know they crank the prices up during the holiday which doesn't seem right. Does the food DW buys cost more on Dec. 15 than it did on Dec. 1st and then gets cheaper again after Jan 1st?:confused3
Isn't there fresh fruit in the first section where the butter is?
As for the servers, they have always been pleasant and efficient. Not sure why there would be such a difference unless they are just burned out by Christmas week....?????
Guess I'll go investigate at the end of Jan.:banana: :banana: :banana:

We ate there several times during our last trip. The food was good not worth what it cost but still good. We actually liked the breakfast. What kills me is how bad the pizza is now. I really wish they would put in a counter service. They would make alot more money off us if they did.

I think the entire Trails End concept is outdated..and needs to be replaced with a real counter service..or some type of food court. It is kind of weird that you can't get a burger at FW. It's buffet or crummy pizza. Options really are limited. While a good many campers cook their own meals..they have just as many guests that don't. During our time in FW, we visited the food courts at the moderate resorts. It was worth the trip. I also wish they had Crocketts as a full service restaurant again. Not much in the way of offerings there either. Too bad. I hope with the refurbishments of the sites and the new pool, they consider bringing the dining options up to date as well.

We don't waste our money here because the last meal there was TERRIBLE as was the service and I most certainly wouldn't waste free dining here either!!! It may be less expensive than any other buffet but it is not worth half the price. Some like it(very few I have seen lately), we DON'T!

Our last meal was dinner in Jan. 08 and we were back in Nov. with no desire to step foot in the door. With that said....when we are camping we eat our meals at the camper unless we are in a park and I would never buy breakfast(maybe one char. breakfast, but with the prices....:scared1: ) when it is so easy to prepare in the camper.

:) JMHO

DH & I (up til recently) used to go to FtW every Friday just to ride our bikes around the fort. We always went early enough to go to T.E. for breakfast & then ride around for the day. Starting around Memorial Day we noticed the buffet options being cut back & the quality going down. It has gotten so bad that we stop at Perkins now & then head to FtW. Unless you got Ken or Darnell for a server, you had no service. We use the DDE card & they add 18% for a tip.....at a buffet!!! Nope....no more T.E. for us, and we've been faithful guests there since it opened. Too sad.

I don't believe they pay any attention to negative feedback on their surveys, either. If they did, something would be changing for the good at T.E.

I was there yesterday and we loved it :confused3

the mickey waffles and banana muffins were amazing! Our waitress was wonderful, she has been with Disney for 30 years :cool1:

but it did seem very expensive :(

Anyone else have other experiences with breakfast? I think we should have had cereal or gone to Denny's....

Are there any other options in the area? We're happy to cook for ourselves if the food is available. Is there a good shop in FW?

there is a small amount of foodstuff to be found at both stores at the Fort but its expensive and very limited...you would be better off bringing your own or going to Publix or Wal Mart...or others...

The prices during peak season are too much for what you get. But during the value season and using my Florida resident discount Tables of the World....Disney Dining whatever it is now makes it very reasonable. They also eliminated the auto 18% gratuity this year on the Tables card which helps. I agree that was much too high for a buffet tip.
MMMM, can smell the sticky buns now. What was that New Year's resolution about losing weight?????:rolleyes1

Is that so..about the former Disney Dining Experience Card?:confused3 (Tables in Wonderland I think is what it's called now).That they have eliminated the automatic 18% gratuity? I wasn't aware of that.

Yep, according to the Podcast crew anyhow. BTW, you always had the option of having them remove the gratuity from the bill, so you could assign your own gratuity. It can't legally be called a gratuity if it is compulsory, then it would be a service charge! (also, according to the podcast :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter