• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast at Hollywood Studios

jessthemix

Mouseketeer
We have upgraded to the DxDDP for our next trip, and I'm trying to find places to use all of our meal credits.

Are there any restaurants in Hollywood Studios that offer breakfast? We would prefer a TS, but we would settle for a QS.

Otherwise, are there any "not-to-be-missed" breakfast spots at a resort? We are already scheduled for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and CRT at MK. We had breakfast at Akershus's on our last trip, so we were wanting to try something else. Not that Akershus's wasn't FABULOUS, we are just hoping to try new things!

Any suggestions?

I would say Ohana's for breakfast (if you want character/buffet style), Boma has an OUTSTANDING buffet or Kona Cafe for the Tonga Toast!

If you are heading to DHS, the BC @ Cape May is close and has a great character breakfast. You can hop on the boat to DHS after

We really enjoyed the Disney Jr. Character Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. We had an ADR before park opening and were seated quickly. Service and food were good and character interaction was awesome! It was not crowded so characters came around multiple times and they do a dance break about every 15 minutes. It's geared toward younger kids but just as fun for adults.

If you are heading to DHS, the BC @ Cape May is close and has a great character breakfast. You can hop on the boat to DHS after

I'm not familiar with Cape May. What characters are there?

If I'm staying at All-Star Movies; how would I get to Cape May? Should I take my own car to Cape May, then ride the boat to DHS? Then to get home, take the boat back to Cape May to get my car then drive back to our resort? Otherwise, I see myself having to find one form of transportation to DHS, then take the boat to Cape May, then take the boat back to DHS for the day, then take the bus back to our resort! Sheesh! That's why I was hoping for something inside the parks.

With the DxDDP, one of the pitfalls is that you spend a lot of time eating and less time playing in the parks. I was trying to limit my travel time as much as possible. However, the entire reason we chose the DxDDP for this trip was so that we could test a variety of different restaurants and experiences.

I'm so overwhelmed!!:eek:

The only TS breakfast at the Studios is at Hollywood & Vine.

You may not be permitted to leave your car at the Beach Club while you visit the park.

Cape May Cafe's characters were Minnie, Goofy, and I think Donald. We stayed at the YC, but friends caught a cab from their resort to BC. Then took the boat to DHS. Then just toke the bus back to thier resort. I don't know how much the cab was. But I bet you could finf it in the transportation thread.

We also enjoy Play N Dine at Hollywood and Vine. I definitely would select that as a breakfast at DHS. While the food is pretty typical of breakfast buffets, it is hot and fresh! They do have a hashbrown casserole that is truly delicious! The servers there are among some of the best that we've had a WDW - very attentive and personable. The characters are from popular Disney Junior shows (recently it was Special Agent Oso, Handy Manny, June from LE and Jake from Neverland Pirates). They have a great dance skit for kids to join in. There is also seating to the left (when you enter) that is closer to the buffet and farther from the dance area if you prefer. You'll enjoy being in DHS before rope drop and not having to eat and dash back to the park!

i ditto the H&V suggestion... we have always enjoyed our b'fast there, even when the kids were not interested in the characters.

another option for quickserve in DHS is the stand near the turkey leg kiosk across from the B&tB theater, just before you have to turn right for ToT or left for RnR... they have a pretty yummy egg sandwich :)

I'm not familiar with Cape May. What characters are there?

If I'm staying at All-Star Movies; how would I get to Cape May? Should I take my own car to Cape May, then ride the boat to DHS? Then to get home, take the boat back to Cape May to get my car then drive back to our resort? Otherwise, I see myself having to find one form of transportation to DHS, then take the boat to Cape May, then take the boat back to DHS for the day, then take the bus back to our resort! Sheesh! That's why I was hoping for something inside the parks.

With the DxDDP, one of the pitfalls is that you spend a lot of time eating and less time playing in the parks. I was trying to limit my travel time as much as possible. However, the entire reason we chose the DxDDP for this trip was so that we could test a variety of different restaurants and experiences.

I'm so overwhelmed!!:eek:

We stayed at AoA and did Cape May for breakfast one day. We took the bus to DHS and then walked over (10 minutes, nice walk), but you can also take the boat...my DD3 was insistent that we walk for some unknown reason! We did enjoy the food, but my favorite breakfast in that area is Kouzzina on the Boardwalk...really good food!

jessthemix said:
We have upgraded to the DxDDP for our next trip, and I'm trying to find places to use all of our meal credits.

Are there any restaurants in Hollywood Studios that offer breakfast? We would prefer a TS, but we would settle for a QS.

Otherwise, are there any "not-to-be-missed" breakfast spots at a resort? We are already scheduled for breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and CRT at MK. We had breakfast at Akershus's on our last trip, so we were wanting to try something else. Not that Akershus's wasn't FABULOUS, we are just hoping to try new things!

Any suggestions?

If you can get a pre rope drop adr for hollywood and vine, we think that's a great use of a ts credit. Good breakfast buffet. When the server takes our drink order we ask for the check to settle first. We skip the characters here.

I second this, especially if you are planning on going to DHS anyways :thumbsup2. We love Cape May Cafe and it is a must do every time we are in WDW. The food is always served hot and fresh and the characters are so cute in their beach attire (you will see Minnie, Donald, and Goofy). The interaction there is awesome too. After breakfast you can get on the Friendship boat and head to DHS, it is really a nice and relaxing ride.

If we are eating in DHS, then we absolutely love getting breakfast at Starring Rolls Cafe. Both of my DDs and I get a couple of those wonderful cupcakes to share (my favorite so far is the Chocolate Peanut Butter one) while DH either gets a turkey sandwich or a Napoleon. Not very healthy for you I know, but hey we are on vacation :goodvibes.

Our character breakfast at hollywood and vine was by far our favorite breakfast! We also went to tusker house, cape may cafe, ohanas, chef mickeys, and crystal palace. The next would be tusker house. We liked the ones that interacted with the kids the most. The food at H&V was yummy!! It will be a must for all our trips from now on, even when our child out grows the characters.

Ohanas breakfast is our favorite. You take the bus to MK then the monorail to poly.
We also enjoyed the Cape May Cafe breakfast. We took the bus to HS and then boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter