Breakfast at Coronado Springs

amacspad

Disneyholic!!!
Hi, we are staying at CS in April and was just looking at the restaurants on the Disney site, it says at Pepper Market you get given a card which gets stamped for each food product you buy and you pay at the end with a 10% service charge as there are waiters that refil your drinks etc, I only usually have a porridge and a brew, so is this still the case, it wasn't like that at Saratoga Springs! :confused3

Debs

Ooooh staying here in June very interested to hear the answer to this too :)

I cant help wth breakfast, but i know that for dinner you get given a card which gets stamped when you get your food and you get brought drinks and cutlery, and then once finished, you pay! We were on the dining plan and because of the setup you dont get given your cheque, you go to the till to pay.

Hope that helps! Xx

We are staying at CSR in December. From what I have read the Pepper Market is a buffet type breakfast only, and it is the same at lunch. One price for eat as much as you want. The service you describe is for evening service only.

Cafe Rix is a quick service are where you can get bagels, muffins and some hot items - from what I have read it can get very busy here as you can also refill your mugs at this location too :)

There is a good thread with lots of info on the hotel on the resort thread - here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399

Pepper market for breakfast and lunch is a buffet. You use one qsdp credit and its all you can eat.

For dinner you go to different stations and your card gets stamped for whichever entree you get. on the ddp you still only get one entree and one dessert and a drink!

Thank you for your replies, I stayed here a few years ago but I don't remember having breakfast, we have stayed in a few other disney hotels from value to deluxe and they all had counter service, I don't tend to eat much in the mornings (usually because I've ate too much the night before lol) so just seemed surprised it sounds a bit formal!

Debs xx

We are staying at CSR in December. From what I have read the Pepper Market is a buffet type breakfast only, and it is the same at lunch. One price for eat as much as you want. The service you describe is for evening service only.

Cafe Rix is a quick service are where you can get bagels, muffins and some hot items - from what I have read it can get very busy here as you can also refill your mugs at this location too :)

There is a good thread with lots of info on the hotel on the resort thread - here is the link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023399

Thank you, I will have a look! :thumbsup2

Hi, we are staying at CS in April and was just looking at the restaurants on the Disney site, it says at Pepper Market you get given a card which gets stamped for each food product you buy and you pay at the end with a 10% service charge as there are waiters that refil your drinks etc, I only usually have a porridge and a brew, so is this still the case, it wasn't like that at Saratoga Springs! :confused3

Debs

As previous posters have said breakfast at CSR is currently an eat as much as you like buffet - I don't know how long they are trialing it for? If you are on the DDP it counts as 1 credit. If you aren't on the DDP and only want a light breakfast then I would get something from Cafe Rix instead.

We spent 17 days at CSR in October and really enjoyed it :goodvibes

It is correct that breakfast and lunch at the pepper market is now an all you can eat buffet requiring one quick service credit. Something I would add is that at these meals they also ask for a 20% tip. Its 10% for the evening meal there which we never had a problem with and did feel the wait staff deserved and earnt it. However for us the 20% for the buffet was very steep and over the course of 2weeks tipping for breakfast got expensive. Just something to bear in mind.

It's a pity really as we were to stay at POFQ but we went to have a look while we were there a couple of weeks ago and wasn't keen so I changed the hotel, prob a bad idea now! :sad2:

Debs xx

Coronado Springs is our favourite resort, we love it and are only staying somewhere else next year because it was all booked for our dates. The theming is really nice and my kids loved the pool, im sure you will have a fantastic stay there. Dont let the pepper market put you off the resort- we really like the food there, its just the big tip were not keen on, lol. :)

Oh it's not the resort, it's breathtakingly beautiful and I do love it, just don't want to end up having cereal in the room, there prob will be something, we just got used to food courts and counter service for my porridge, sorry 'oatmeal' lol! :thumbsup2

Debs xx

Something I would add is that at these meals they also ask for a 20% tip

We never saw anything about a 20% tip! when our party were all together at meals the servers told us about the added charge of 18% for a party of 6 and over but when we ate as a family of three we left 10%, which our server was happy with.

You can also request the same server each day, which we did after being there a few days, and pay them a 'lump sum' tip at the end of your stay. Our server was really great and looked after us and deserved her tip, before we booked our hols we were aware of how the dining is different at CSR and factored in tips accordingly.

we just got used to food courts and counter service for my porridge, sorry 'oatmeal' lol! :thumbsup2

Debs xx

I couldn't say whether there was porridge available at the buffet breakfast as I don't like it! There was plenty of fruit, cereals, granola etc but if you weren't on the DDP I wouldn't pay $14.99 for it :)

Pepper Market seems to be a bit like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it! We loved it when we stayed there in 2007, so much so that our 2 trips after that we made sure we went back for breakfast at least once even though we were staying at different disney resorts.

Would love to see how it compares now that it's buffet style as mentioned in previous posts. One of the reasons we liked it was that it was great for the kids to go off and get exactly what they wanted, be it omelettes, pancakes, fruit, whatever - they liked the bit of independence and being able to get something cooked in front of them!

The only thing we found odd was the lack of consistency from the till operators when calculating how many credits you had used - I should mention that we were on DDP - the combination of how many snack or quick service credits to use varied greatly from one till op to the next! It was never really a problem for us, we figured that since we were handing 4 cards in, each stamped with various items from various stations, it would make it quite tricky trying to group things together. Some till ops would class items as snacks while others would group them together to use a QS credit. Like I said, it didn't bother us, but I know some people found it quite frustrating.

When we go on our next trip in Aug 2013 it's safe to say we will be visiting Pepper Market again! ::yes::

The only thing we found odd was the lack of consistency from the till operators when calculating how many credits you had used - I should mention that we were on DDP - the combination of how many snack or quick service credits to use varied greatly from one till op to the next!

We found that too! and sometimes our server wouldn't charge us for our daughter's meal if she felt she hadn't eaten much! :)

Enjoyed the food at the PM and can't wait to go back to CSR at some point...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter