• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace?

btshea

Earning My Ears
Any thoughts on the better breakfast buffet? :goodvibes Kids will love either one for characters. Is the atmosphere and overall experience better at one?

Thanks!

:yay:

Personal preference but I think the food is better at CP. Same with the service. This is based on our experiences at these places and there will always be those who have found otherwise.

Your kids will probably enjoy either equally.

If you can score any early CP ADR pre park opening, it's a great opportunity to see the park empty. I haven't had breakfast at CM but I can vouch for CP with it's wide variety of items.:wizard:

I agree with the previous posters. Crystal Palace is one of our favorites for breakfast. Personally, I think the food and the service are better and the early park entry is an added bonus.:thumbsup2

Puffed French toast (my fav)
made to order eggs
beautiful and bright building
breakfast lasagna (not my fav, but DS loves it)
corn beef hash (DH loves this)

I also think there is more room to move around at CP verses CM :dance3:

Dinner service at CP was the worst we have ever had on property so I would be hesitant to do breakfast there.

CM is a must do for us every trip (usually dinner the first night). The service is first rate and the character interaction is excellent. We also prefer the Fab 5 characters to Pooh and friends.

I prefer the Crystal Palace for the character breakfast. Mostly because you're ahead of the crowd entering the park if you book for an early time you can enter the park before everyone else. After breakfast we head directly to Fantasyland for the kids as these lines form quickly and we can get through 6-7 rides there in one hour.

I think that the Crystal Palace had better food and atmosphere as well. It was nice to get in the park so early before tons of others. Walking down a less crowded Main Street is so cool. The Crystal Palace is so bright and sunny. We just love the way it feels to eat there.

IMHO the food at Chef Mickey's is not as good at that at CP. I personally find the noise level at CM gets too high, and all the napkin waving, monorail running through just gets kids too wound up. Give me those Pooh characters any day. If they have to see Mickey there's always breakfast at Ohana, and there you also get Lilo and Stitch.

IMHO the food at Chef Mickey's is not as good at that at CP. I personally find the noise level at CM gets too high, and all the napkin waving, monorail running through just gets kids too wound up. Give me those Pooh characters any day. If they have to see Mickey there's always breakfast at Ohana, and there you also get Lilo and Stitch.

Some people see Lilo and Stitch as a bonus, others as a negative! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter