Breakfast at Boma

wheredreamsbegin

DIS Veteran
We love breakfast at Tusker House, but also really enjoy the dinners we've had at Boma. We've never had breakfast at Boma, but are considering making an ADR for our next trip. Will we find some of the same foods that are offered at Tusker House, or are the meals completely different? Is breakfast at Boma as outstanding as the dinner they serve?

I love Boma breakfast. It's one of my favorite places for breakfast because of the variety of items that they serve. Some are pretty traditional Breakfast items (like waffles, omelets, cereal), but they also have several items with an African influence. The carved meat (ham and one other), bobotie, and quinoa are very good. The juice (frunch) is also outstanding. I've only had dinner at Boma once, but I liked their breakfast more, so I go there on every trip.

We LOVE Boma breakfast! It is sooo good! Lots of choices and that breakfast juice is delicious (it's a mix of orange, pineapple, papaya and i think guava). It's a must do for us every trip.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We LOVE Boma's breakfast and it is a MUST do EVERY trip. We like Tusker House too, but Boma has a much larger variety.

We LOVE Boma's breakfast and it is a MUST do EVERY trip. We like Tusker House too, but Boma has a much larger variety.

Wow, even more variety at Boma? That's great! I have another question. I LOVE the pain au chocolate (It may not actually be pain au chocolate....chocolate filled croissants at least) at Tusker House. Do those pastries make an appearance on the Boma breakfast buffet?

We have our ADR for Boma breakfast in three weeks! Love it! Get the Jungle Juice!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I haven't been to Tusker but I have been to a lot of the other breakfasts and Boma is the best from the others at least. It is very good. Some unique choices and then the regular options too. All are excellent. The juice is very good too. I would give it a try and we plan to go back. This week actually-cant wait!

I had breakfast at Boma twice this week! I love the chocolate filled croissants at WDW. What Boma had was mini croissants with chocolate sprinkled on top. They were good but not as yummy as the chocolate filled croissants.

We had one of our most magical experiences at Boma for breakfast. My wife and daughter are lactose intolerant and told the chef. She sat with us to discuss... went back to the kitchen, and personally made dairy free waffles, and hand delivered them to us (along with a side of dairy free donuts).

Great service, great selection, we love it!pixiedust:

Wow, even more variety at Boma? That's great! I have another question. I LOVE the pain au chocolate (It may not actually be pain au chocolate....chocolate filled croissants at least) at Tusker House. Do those pastries make an appearance on the Boma breakfast buffet?

Yes, those little chocolate croissants with the little chocolate nibs on top are are Boma also. YUM! Can't waint till October....

We had never eaten at Boma before our last trip in March. We ended up eating breakfast there twice. The food was great. They had a lot of protein choices. The chef was awesome with my DD's gluten free diet as well.
We also went to CP this trip and there were so many carb choices and not much protein beyond eggs, bacon and sausage.

Wow! Thank you for the pictures!! You've all definitely convinced me that we need to try Boma for breakfast.

I do have one question...how to get there. We'll be staying at the Boardwalk. If I get an ADR for sometime when the buses are running, would it be best to get to HS and then take a bus to AK? Buses start running an hour before park open, correct? If my ADR is before the busses start running, is a taxi my best option?

Thanks for the pics, Ilovetogo - making me hungry!

As to the OP's question: I've never been to Boma (going this trip) but have been to Tuskers & we used to love it - but we're gonna pass this time around because it was so chaotic & rushed the last time we were there.

I think it was Kevin (Klose) who called TH "Boma Lite" - but I may be wrong about that...

thanks for posting the Boma Brekkie Pics it's exactly what I was looking for. Guess we're going to Boma :)

Boma is so much better then Tusker House. Ask for Albert for your waiter. He is the best ever! It is a must do for us every trip.

Boma is so much better then Tusker House. Ask for Albert for your waiter. He is the best ever! It is a must do for us every trip.

We agree (although no experience with Albert). We actually prefer Boma breakfast over their dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter