Breakfast at Akershus?

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
I've heard the food is more Americanized than it is at lunch/dinner.

In that regard, is it pretty much the same as that at any other character breakfast?

Also, is Belle in her yellow evening gown or the blue dress she wears at CRT?

Overall, would you recommend it? (thinking about it as a departure day breakfast as the 8:30 opening won't interfere with touring as we plan to eat and go - need to be back to the CSR by 11 to catch a 2:15 flight).

We only eat breakfast at Akershus, it is one of our favorite breakfasts on property. It is more Americanized than the Lunch and Dinner menu. They have a cold bar with breakfast pastries, fresh fruit, meats, lox, yogurt with toppings, and cheeses. Then they come to your table with a huge plate of hot food that includes scrambled eggs, a potato casserole (the best thing there), sausage links, and bacon. If you want more of something, they will be glad to give you what you want. As for Belle, she is in her yellow ball gown dress right as you walk in the door waiting to be seated (the picture you get with her is the one you get in the package) and then the other princesses come walking around your table.

We love bfast at Akershus! This October will be our 4th year in a row, so I would say this is a must-do for us.

The princess interaction is very good, and they lead the kids around for a little parade. And pp was right - the potatoes are super yummy!

This is one of our must do character breakfasts. The food is really good here and that potato casserole is my favorite! The princess interaction is great here as well.

Belle is at the front in her yellow gown and you never know what princesses will show - we have been 3 times and have never had all 4 the same - this year we even had Mary Poppins (she was absolutely beautiful).

My family HIGHLY recommends breakfast here!

We try to make it here each trip.

I make ressies for 10:45 - we get the breakfast offerings, but then they start to put out the lunch salads and they are quite good.

Plus - it takes care of our b-fast and lunch and we don't need to eat again 'til dinner.

Love the princesses too (even though we have two boys - they get a kick out of the extra attention)

I highly recommend this breakfast..we took our 2 nieces there twice and did breakfast because the girls are super picky eaters but love breakfast foods. Yes all the foods are americanized and they do have some nice cold cuts and cheeses as well as herring and lox. They were able to make my niece pancakes on request....she wanted french toast but all they could do was the pancakes and we were fine with that

I'll be the dissenting opinion on this one! I agree that the princesses were great. But I was really really disappointed in the food for the price of the breakfast. As I remember, this breakfast was quite a bit more than some of the other character breakfasts. The "buffet" portion is cold food. The bagels were terrible - think grocery store type. The pastries weren't anything special either - nothing like the pastries in the EPCOT bakeries. I will admit that the potatoes were good but I want to say we paid around $45 a person (including for my dd who was 10 at the time) and the potatoes were the only thing tasty (to me).

I much much prefer the options at Crystal Palace.

Do they have Mickey waffles? Also, I'm a vegetarian so can they bring out one thing that has just the potatoes & eggs and then another that has the meat in it for the other people. Is it fine just to tell them when we get seated? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter