Breakfast at AK Rainforest Cafe?

twodancersmom2

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever had breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe in AK? I tried to make a reservation at Tusker House for breakfast, but there was nothing available on the day I was requesting. We do have a ressie for Tusker later in the week. I wasn't even aware that Rainforest served breakfast until I was searching menus, but some of the offerings look pretty good. Anyone have any info or reviews to share?

We ate breakfast there xmas week 2005. DS was hungry and didn't want cs stuff. we are safari club members at RFC so we had no wait and were seated immediately upon arrival at 8:30am. Meal was very good-can't remember all, but ds had waffle with fruit, DH had omelette of some sort and I had eggs also, may have been a benedict, not sure. Fruit smoothie was a hit for ds and coffee was good. I'd do it again..like it better than lunch/dinner which have also done at the DTD and AK locations. You can see the menu at allearsnet.

Connears

Ohhh! I wanna know too! We have an ADR there next month for breakfast, we've had lunch there, but never breakfast

I thought it was one of the best breakfasts at WDW. I had the breakfast pizza and it was huge....could have been easily shared. The coffee was very good and there's something extra nice about having it served in a ceramic mug.

I wasn't quite ready for the noise first thing in the morning, but other then that it was a very nice breakfast. I preferred their breakfast menu over their lunch and dinner just like the PP.

We had breakfast there on the day before Thanksgiving.........It was delicious, one of the best breakfasts we had at Disney. I called the night before and they got us in for 9:15. It worked out great for us.

Be sure to know that they are not on the Dining Plan......the meal cost was in the average range, In my opinion. You can call ahead and make reservations at the AK Rainforest Cafe up to 180 days in advance, as of right now.........so I would suggest making the ADR if you think that you are interested in eating there! We already have our ADR made for our upcoming trip in November again!...............ENJOY!!

We always eat breakfast at Rainforest when we do AK. I get something different every time and am always happy. Just a tip though get an early ADR. We usually go to the park opening ride the safari , get a FP for the safari and do breakfast. Last time we did this we went straight to Dinosaur after breakfast and got YOAMD mouseears from the dream team.

We have at least one breakfast there every year and it has always been good. It took a couple of years to realize we could just split the Pie of the Viper(it's like a breakfast pizza), realizing that ordering it for one was way too much food.

This is our favourite place to breakfast. must have visited well over 50 times over the years. The Benedict Bamba (eggs benedict) is fabulous. Sheba's Jungle mud is a great Oreo smoothie and the coffee great also. In low season you can always get a table with minimum wait. High season takes a little longer sometimes but you cannot make a reservation. (If its crowded you can also just walk in and eat at the bar). Although for breakfast we have never had to wait more than 10 minutes. They serve from 8-10am so if you're a late riser like we are then its usually a dash to make it in time once you park, get tram, do the security thing. Incidently don't bother trying to send someone ahead if you think you might not make it for 10am because they won't seat you until everyone in the party is there.

The restaurant is just outside the park so you don't need to get park entry. If you want to go into the park after eating there is a back way in through the rainforest shop. (A good shortcut!)

It can be a bit cold inside on a really hot day as they really crank up the a/c. Babies and kids love the animated animals and there's plenty of room for a highchair although they prefer you to park strollers outside unless the occupant is asleep.

Unfortunately the menu after breakfast is not so good and there are much better dining options elsewhere. We tried it maybe half a dozen times before giving up on lunch and dinner at the RFC altogether. Its a shame because its such a fun place to eat. I can never understand those people who moan about the theming when they have chosen to come to an amusement park!:confused3

Anyway go and have a great time :thumbsup2

"I can never understand those people who moan about the theming when they have chosen to come to an amusement park!:confused3

Anyway go and have a great time :thumbsup2[/QUOTE]"

That's a great point about the theming. It's hard to figure that complaint out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter