breakfast and lunch options on fantasy

bethann77

Mouseketeer
What are the breakfast and lunch options on the Fantasy. I know they have the counter service restaurants on deck or room service and the buffet at cabanas. I was more curious what the dining rooms have available for breakfast and lunch. Do they have menus or are they buffets. Thanks

The dining rooms are breakfast menu's. You sit at the table and your servers that you get in the evening take your order. It is the same type of food you would help yourself to in the Buffet upstairs.

I haven't done lunch in the main restaurants but as far as I'm aware it's just like dinner but lunch menu and more casual.

I haven't done lunch in the main restaurants but as far as I'm aware it's just like dinner but lunch menu and more casual.

Unless something has changed the lunches offered in the MDR are buffets. We prefer them as they are less crowded and quieter. Not all MDR are open for lunch. You have to check the navigator to determine which one(s) are.

When we went in May, Enchanted Garden was buffet for breakfast. We didn't find as much variety as Cabanas and only went there once.

Royal Court was menu for breakfast. We didn't try it, but the menu was posted outside so you could see what they offered.

What are the breakfast and lunch options on the Fantasy. I know they have the counter service restaurants on deck or room service and the buffet at cabanas. I was more curious what the dining rooms have available for breakfast and lunch. Do they have menus or are they buffets. Thanks

As on the other ships, there is one restaurant that has a separate menu & table service (Royal Court in this case). This is actually our favorite way to do breakfast & lunch because it's different from the buffets and is relaxed with made to order food. It's just for 90 min. for each breakfast & lunch, so be sure to read the Navigator!!

I think the reason some people thought this was the same as the buffet is because there will also be one of the restaurants serving that as well (Enchanted Garden), for a longer time than the 90 min, but it's a separate menu at the sit-down restaurant and you don't get your regular servers usually, unless they happen to be assigned there that day.

The burgers there for lunch are far better than the others on the ships, imo!!

On the Dream last year, we never made breakfast in the MDR's but lunch had options. Enchanted Garden had a lunch buffet with a variety of foods and the Royal Palace/Court had a sit-down lunch menu. I've read that the meus change for breakfast/lunch but we didn't eat in the same place more than once.

Our big issue with breakfast was the limited hours, so we either went to Cabana's, ordered room service or ate up on the pool deck. The Navigator's will list the times for the next day, so you'll be able to somewhat plan ahead on where to eat.

Have a great cruise!!

Unless something has changed the lunches offered in the MDR are buffets. We prefer them as they are less crowded and quieter. Not all MDR are open for lunch. You have to check the navigator to determine which one(s) are.

Thank you for correcting me, as I said I wasn't sure about lunch only Breakfast, I did think I saw a sit down lunch on the Navigator one day. So maybe one MDR is Buffet and another Sit Down. ;)

Our big issue with breakfast was the limited hours, so we either went to Cabana's, ordered room service or ate up on the pool deck. The Navigator's will list the times for the next day, so you'll be able to somewhat plan ahead on where to eat. Have a great cruise!!

Yep, ours too, but we did make a point to go to the sit down meals when we were able to - it's a small window!! sometimes a Brunch is served on the classic ships on sea days, which allows a lot more time & a great menu, but this didn't happen on the Fantasy. :sad2:

Thank you for correcting me, as I said I wasn't sure about lunch only Breakfast, I did think I saw a sit down lunch on the Navigator one day. So maybe one MDR is Buffet and another Sit Down. ;)

Nope, you were right!! The other poster was mistaken...lol There has always been a sit down, menu lunch in Lumiere, Triton, Royal Ct every time we've cruised on DCL (we've cruised since 2000 & have gone to it often). As mentioned, the buffet is also served in PC or EG. :cool1:

I loved having breakfast in a MDR - we only had the chance to do it once on the Fantasy but had a wonderful sit down, relaxed breakfast in Royal Court - grilled pineapple french toast - yummy!!!

:cool1:
On May 12-19th Western sailing Royal Court lunch was served by waiters & assistant waiters, ordered off of a menu on sea days. Never tried on shore days.:cool2:
Was almost empty for our 2 lunches & a very good lunch.

We had lunch on the Fantasy in Royal Court one day, our food was very good. There was hardly anyone in there. The service was great too. We had a waiter with a Z.... I have seen his name mentioned a few times on here.

We would go back again.

I love going to the sit down restaurant for lunch. I love being served and just relaxing. I don't have to fight anyone in line thinking I'm jumping in front of them and my meal is made fresh Absolutely heaven.

what kind of food is served in the sit down lunch? Are there sandwiches etc...or is it more like a dinner meal?

The menus on Allears.net are 2 years old. I am wondering if anyone knows where we can view some current menus for the Fantasy for breakfast and lunch. I am going in November. Thanks!

When we cruised in June 2012, my wife got a Mahi-Mahi sandwich that she enjoyed. I had a penne pasta dish with chicken and a light cream sauce (not heavy like alfredo). It had shaved cheese on top (Romano?). It was quite good. The menu was definitely different than the dinner menus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter