Breakdown

Yo ho, yo ho over and over and over. 45 minutes on PotC. At least it was cool.

We got stuck and evacuated from PotC after 45 minutes as well. We had to listen to "We want the red head!" over and over again. It took them so long to shut down the animatronics and the sound, I thought I was going to go insane!

The very first ride we went on on our last trip broke down. It was Spaceship Earth on backward, downward part. Let me tell you the headrests are not very comfortable sitting like that for very long. We had a constant very load recording telling us to stay in our seats and CMs making announcements at the same time. We were stuck for about 15 minutes. If we weren't so uncomfortable it wouldn't have been so bad. And if I was stuck smelling the fires of Rome burning I would have been quite content! :rotfl:

When I lived near Disneyland and went all the time, my DH and I experienced many ride stoppages and a few evacuations. I think the longest we ever sat there was about half an hour on BTMR, and close to that on Splash a couple times. I know we were on dark rides where they had to turn on the lights, but I no longer remember which ones.

Got stuck in between scenes for Carousel of Progress once. The woman sitting next to me stood up half way just to pull down her skirt (and sat right back down) and a CM got on the mic and yelled in this almost panicked voice: DO NOT STAND UP ON THE RIDE!! as if the thing would decapitate us because of how "fast" it was moving. Almost everyone was trying not to just bust out laughing.

A couple of years ago, we got stuck right before the drop on the Maelstrom. The mechanism that is supposed to open, allowing your boat to go down, was stuck. We waited for about 15 minutes while they came and fixed it...and down we went. All good fun for us. :)

We stopped 3 times on the living seas... all the same ride... I started repeating the script that was playing out loud... over... and over... and over... and over...

PJ said:
We were in a bus "accident" at the TTC years ago. The quotes are because the 2 buses barely touched mirrors at about 1 mph, but they wouldn't let anyone off the bus because they needed our witness statements.

They finally let those who had planes to catch leave since there were enough of us who weren't in a hurry to give statements. Not much of a statement - none of us even realized the buses had touched until someone asked why we were still sitting there. {:--)

Actually what they needed was to verify no injuries. You were passengers so interested parties in the accident, not witnesses.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I've been on several stopped rides and they usually don't bother me. The most annoying one was on SE a few years ago. We rarely go on it, but there wasn't a lie, so we decided to go since it had been recently been refurbed at the time. It stopped at least 5 times and most were not quick stops. Ugh.

The scariest ride stoppage was just this past May on Splash Mtn. We were near the very top of the big incline when it all came to a sudden stop. After a few minutes, it lurched and stopped again. We hoped that once it started again that it wouldn't stop until we were over the top. I think we were stopped 5 or 10 minutes in total, but that's more than long enough to be stuck on that incline!

Butterbunkins said:
The very first ride we went on on our last trip broke down. It was Spaceship Earth on backward, downward part. Let me tell you the headrests are not very comfortable sitting like that for very long. We had a constant very load recording telling us to stay in our seats and CMs making announcements at the same time. We were stuck for about 15 minutes. If we weren't so uncomfortable it wouldn't have been so bad. And if I was stuck smelling the fires of Rome burning I would have been quite content! :rotfl:

That happened to me too! I had a very bright flash light on my phone so I just examined the room while we were stuck

I am happy to say that we have finally broken our streak of getting stuck on It's a Small World! It used to happen every, single time....no joke. But we rode it twice last week and smooth sailing! :thumbsup2

That is the worst ride to get stuck on....oh, that song....:sad2:

Last October was my first time EVER riding Splash Mountain. First time on the ride about every 20 feet the ride would stop for about 1-2 minutes....The ride took 3 times longer to ride, but was kinda cool. I am a little chicken when it comes to rides so this being the first time I was riding it and knowing there was going to be a 40 foot drop it was a little nerve racking at the time. However once I did it that first time it is now my FAVORITE!!!!
And when we were there in April, It seemed as though every ride we got on broke down on us the only thing we were turned back on was the laugh floor????? but we did get those FP's for that one.

"Brer Bear and Brer Fox are causing trouble up ahead." Me and DS heard it over and over while stuck on Splash Mtn. It was first time on the ride and we were stuck just before the first incline. We were finally walked off after an hour and found we were the last ones.

We got stuck on buzz for a out twenty minutes once. My mum was right by a target and got the highest score possible 999,999 or something like that!

This happened to our family too - no one was the least bit upset. :)

On the other hand, my ds (10) and dd (4) and I got stuck on that final incline in Splash - where it's dark and the vultures are hovering. It was dd's first time on Splash and needless to say, there was some freaking out on her part. ;) I felt especially badly for the two little boys sitting in front of us, maybe 9 and 7 years old or so (no parents on the ride). They were pleased as punch to be riding alone at first, but my dd's wailing (+ the dark + the vultures) really made them squirm. :scared: Poor guys.

Attraction "stalls" don't bother me at all; as op said, they make things even more memorable and often give a good story to tell. :)

A couple of stoppages but only one where we had to be walked off by a CM. It was the decline in HM before the man with the dog. We waited for about 15 mins and then were walked off with the lights on. You don't appreciate the little things until you see them in the light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter