Bread Pudding Recipe?

Stephanie218

DIS Veteran
Hi!!

Looking for a recipe for bread pudding....I've never made it before, but it's pretty much all my DBF wants for his birthday this weekend (besides to find a reasonably priced apartment around Camp Pendleton, haha). I've googled, but wasn't sure which ones would be the best.

Can anyone help? Thanks!! :goodvibes

There's tons and tons of recipes out there, but this is the one I make a lot:

Ingredients:
8 cups cubed day-old cinnamon or white bread
2 cups milk
4 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup of cranberries
2 macintosh apples- cored, peeled, and sliced

Directions:

Place cubed bread in crockpot. In a mixing bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in apples and cranberries. Pour over bread; stir gently. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.

Brandy sauce for the pudding:
Use a little apple juice or cider in place of the apple brandy or Schnapps, if you would rather not use alcohol. A little cinnamon would jazz it up, too.
INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons corn syrup
dash salt
3 tablespoons apple brandy or Apple Schnapps
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 6 minutes longer. Watch to make sure it doesn't boil over.

Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Serve warm with bread pudding.
Makes about 1 cup

I don't know a good recipe, but the best bread pudding I ever had came with a whiskey sauce that was sooo good.:love: This stuff was so strong it had a little "kick" to it.:)

Oh Stephanie.... you are so fortunate that I happened by!
I have the BEST bread pudding recipe EVER!!!!

I take no credit for it being so wonderful... I simply found it in a cookbook
but I've made it often and get rave reviews!

You taste the whiskey in the sause much more than in the pudding. I've served it with and without the sauce, if you use the sauce add it sparingly... it's got a strong flavor, it's wonderful but can overpower the pudding if you use too much.

Sounds like Micca's had it before!!!!!:rotfl:

Enjoy!!!!

Irish Bread Pudding with Caramel-Whiskey Sauce

Pudding:

1/4 cup light butter, melted
1 (10-ounce) French bread baguette, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup Irish whiskey
1 3/4 half & half
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
3 tablespoon sugar
3 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine raisins and whiskey in a small bowl; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft (do not drain).

Brush melted butter on one side of French bread slices, and place bread, buttered sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake bread at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut cooled bread into 1/2-inch cubes, and set aside.

Combine half & half and next 4 ingredients (half & half through eggs) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add bread cubes and raisin mixture, pressing gently to moisten; let stand 15 minutes. Spoon bread mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.

Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pudding. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set. Serve warm, (with Caramel-Whiskey Sauce if desired).

Note: Substitute 1/4 cup apple juice for the Irish whiskey, if desired.

Caramel-Whiskey Sauce

This recipe goes with Irish Bread Pudding

1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter
2 ounces cream cheese (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup Irish whiskey
1/4 cup half & half

Combine sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.

Cook an additional 15 to 30 minutes or until golden (do not stir).
*This must be watched!!! It seems like it's taking forever and then suddenly it starts to turn brown, you want it to be a medium carmel color, dark enough to still appear caramel after you add 1/2 & 1/2 & cream cheese, but not so dark it burns.

Remove from heat. Carefully add butter and cream cheese, stirring constantly with a whisk (be careful adding ingredients mixture will be hot and bubble vigorously).

Cool slightly, and stir in whiskey and half & half.

Note: You may substitute 1 tablespoon imitation rum extract and 3 tablespoons water for the Irish whiskey, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 (3-inch) square and 2 tablespoons sauce)

Ohana Bread Pudding is on the All Ears site. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty easy. We ate at Ohana in October...it was very good!

Oh Stephanie.... you are so fortunate that I happened by!
I have the BEST bread pudding recipe EVER!!!!

I take no credit for it being so wonderful... I simply found it in a cookbook
but I've made it often and get rave reviews!

You taste the whiskey in the sause much more than in the pudding. I've served it with and without the sauce, if you use the sauce add it sparingly... it's got a strong flavor, it's wonderful but can overpower the pudding if you use too much.

Sounds like Micca's had it before!!!!!:rotfl:

Enjoy!!!!

Irish Bread Pudding with Caramel-Whiskey Sauce

Pudding:

1/4 cup light butter, melted
1 (10-ounce) French bread baguette, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup Irish whiskey
1 3/4 half & half
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Cooking spray
3 tablespoon sugar
3 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine raisins and whiskey in a small bowl; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft (do not drain).

Brush melted butter on one side of French bread slices, and place bread, buttered sides up, on a baking sheet. Bake bread at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut cooled bread into 1/2-inch cubes, and set aside.

Combine half & half and next 4 ingredients (half & half through eggs) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add bread cubes and raisin mixture, pressing gently to moisten; let stand 15 minutes. Spoon bread mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.

Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pudding. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until set. Serve warm, (with Caramel-Whiskey Sauce if desired).

Note: Substitute 1/4 cup apple juice for the Irish whiskey, if desired.

Caramel-Whiskey Sauce

This recipe goes with Irish Bread Pudding

1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup butter
2 ounces cream cheese (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup Irish whiskey
1/4 cup half & half

Combine sugar and water in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.

Cook an additional 15 to 30 minutes or until golden (do not stir).
*This must be watched!!! It seems like it's taking forever and then suddenly it starts to turn brown, you want it to be a medium carmel color, dark enough to still appear caramel after you add 1/2 & 1/2 & cream cheese, but not so dark it burns.

Remove from heat. Carefully add butter and cream cheese, stirring constantly with a whisk (be careful adding ingredients mixture will be hot and bubble vigorously).

Cool slightly, and stir in whiskey and half & half.

Note: You may substitute 1 tablespoon imitation rum extract and 3 tablespoons water for the Irish whiskey, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 (3-inch) square and 2 tablespoons sauce)

If this is anything like what they serve at Raglan Road in DTD it is to die for!!!! Heaven with a spoon!

forget trying to lose weight if you try any though..lol..I don't have the recipe handy..but Paula Deen has a chocolate bread pudding recipe on the foodtv.com website that is yummy, but very sweet, and you can easily make only half the recipe..cause a 9 x 13 pan of that stuff is more than ANYONE can eat..lol!
Thanks for the recipes..keep them coming!

This is Paula Deen's recipe for Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding. I've never made it, but it gets great reviews on foodnetwork.com.

Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans fruit cocktail, with their juice
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins
Pinch salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
24 Krispy Kreme Donuts, cut into cubes
Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except for the donut cubes and Butter Rum Sauce. Add the donut cubes and toss until they have absorbed as much of the liquid as possible. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 1 hour. Serve with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:
1 stick butter
1 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
Dark rum
In a saucepan, melt the butter and gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

Anybody have a basic recipe that tastes great? No fruit. No nuts. No sauce.?

Ohana's Banana Bread Pudding
Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:

2 cups Milk
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 cup 3 T. Sugar
7 each Whole Eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
4 tablespoons Butter
3 each Bananas, sliced
5 cups Croissants, brioche, or challah bread, cubed or one whole loaf of Texas toast, cubed

Method:

1. Cut day-old croissant, brioche, challah, or Texas toast into cubes. Set aside.

2. In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, combine milk, cream, sugar, cinnamon, and beaten eggs.

3. In a 9x9 square or round pan, place one layer of bread on bottom. Place bananas on top, followed by a layer of bread.

4. Pour custard mixture over the entire dish, filling it 2/3 to ¾ full. Press top bread layer into custard to prevent the bread from drying out. Add more custard if necessary.

5. Place butter chunks on top of bread pudding.

6. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean.

7. Serve with vanilla sauce (recipe below).

VANILLA SAUCE

Ingredients:

3 cups Heavy Cream
1 ½ cups Milk
1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
9 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
6 each Egg Yolks

Method:

1. Heat up milk, vanilla, heavy cream, and sugar.

2. Combine cornstarch with egg yolks.

3. Once liquid boils, temper some of the liquid into the yolks and stir vigorously. Then return tempered yolks into the pot.

4. Turn off the heat and stir continuously until well combined and thickened.

5. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set over an ice bath to cool.

:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter