• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brazilian Tour Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at Fantasmic the other day and there were about 4 different groups. Brazil, Peru, Puerto Rico and one other. Can't remember.

They were loud, rude, obnoxious, troublesome and annoying. We were pretty close to the rope when we were queuing for Fantasmic and they were a bit back in the line. The CM's made it clear that there was to be no pushing or shoving. Obviously this wasn't going to be completely adhered to, but these groups were like a stampede, almost knocking over elderly people.

When they eventually got their seats they were really noisy with their chanting. Again, this is acceptable some of the time. But NOT when the two guys who do the pre show are trying to do their job. The group from Puerto Rico were constantly booing the guy who was on our side of the amphitheatre. These guys are busting their a$$es trying to do a job and these "kids" are booing him??
He got pretty annoyed and turned his mic off and went up to them and told them to quit it. They kept booing and hissing at him.....The reason they gave? "You didn't acknowledge Puerto Rico!!"...
Ridiculous....Yeah he didn't mention Germany, UK, Ireland, Canada and you don't see those guys making his job difficult.

Thankfully they all shut up as soon as the show started.

does anyone know which resort they are at? :mad:

please dont say POP...please dont say POP :sad2::sad2::sad2:

I don't think they're on the Disney Property....They've got separate coaches taking them from the parks.

I don't think they're on the Disney Property....They've got separate coaches taking them from the parks.

Actually a lot of these tour groups DO stay on Disney property, and they can be found at all levels of resorts. Although a lot do stay at the values, I don't think Pop is one of their usual targets. I mean choices.

...thanks duck commander!

off topic- Best show ever :happytv:

Back on topic ;) Been several times when Brazilian groups were there and it's always been a few rude brats, a few polite sweethearts, but most fall somewhere in-between the two. No worse than large groups of cheerleaders :cheer2:

We usually go in January and have run in to the "groups" many times. There's been a few times where I've had to explain things to some of the group members. Like the time when this young Brazilian guy (he wore a shirt with the Brazilian flag on it anyway and claimed not to speak English) decided to push his way through the crowd waiting for the MSEP. He ended up standing in front of my kids and another family's kids. The other family protested but he just ignored them and kept saying "No English." I stepped in and told him to move his "behind" or I would move it for him. Let me tell you, I think I should become an English teacher because he understood that just fine and moved. I've also prevented some the group members from pulling the "I'm catching up to my friends" move. Best advice is to just go the other way and avoid them but sometimes you just have to hand out a little karma. :cool1:

We were at Fantasmic the other day and there were about 4 different groups. Brazil, Peru, Puerto Rico and one other. Can't remember.

They were loud, rude, obnoxious, troublesome and annoying. We were pretty close to the rope when we were queuing for Fantasmic and they were a bit back in the line. The CM's made it clear that there was to be no pushing or shoving. Obviously this wasn't going to be completely adhered to, but these groups were like a stampede, almost knocking over elderly people.

When they eventually got their seats they were really noisy with their chanting. Again, this is acceptable some of the time. But NOT when the two guys who do the pre show are trying to do their job. The group from Puerto Rico were constantly booing the guy who was on our side of the amphitheatre. These guys are busting their a$$es trying to do a job and these "kids" are booing him??
He got pretty annoyed and turned his mic off and went up to them and told them to quit it. They kept booing and hissing at him.....The reason they gave? "You didn't acknowledge Puerto Rico!!"...
Ridiculous....Yeah he didn't mention Germany, UK, Ireland, Canada and you don't see those guys making his job difficult.

Thankfully they all shut up as soon as the show started.

:rolleyes: Bitter much aren't you..Geesh! IMHO all groups regardless their country of origin are handful and obnoxious.. My apologies if you have such of bad experience with them,but not all them are the same.. and FYI there is a big population of puertorricans living in Orlando.. and yes "these" kids like you call them can become obnoxious, but I know for a fact that they're not "the only ones"..... let's talk about pop warners on Dec. or spring breakers in Mexico or Daytona Beach every spring..MAD HOUSE!! down there....And btw since you did not "remember" how did you know there were from "Puerto Rico"? seriously?? Can you provide us with any "proof"?

We got back on 6/30 and there were large groups there. No bad behavior, really....just the usual headaches that occur when you're trying to get 50 teenagers to go somewhere at once.......herding cats anyone??? Those poor chaperones.

Although we did witness three girls get RIPPED by their chaperone very loudly in Portuguese for what we think was falling behind and getting lost. I mean, that chaperone was UPSET!!! I would NOT have wanted to cross that lady!!!

You're at Disney people lighten up and have fun! I can't wait till I get to blow my duck call at them. I believe they will enjoy it. Cant wait!:dance3:

I've had the fortune of waiting on some BTGs.

They are nice, but unfortunately don't understand that there is a language barrier.

I repeatedly asked a gentleman whether or not he wanted a cone or a cup for his 13 ice creams. He said cups.

7 down, 6 to go....

"BISCUI! BISCUI!!!"

Which is, apparently, Portuguese for 'cone'.

We were at Disney at the end of Jan 2011 and never saw one tour group. I honestly have no idea how we got so lucky but, believe me that is something I would have totally been aware of because there is nothing more annoying to me then loud, obnoxious teenagers.

We never went to Fantasmic or watched any parades and we went to the recommended parks every day. Maybe that is how we avoided them.. by avoiding the crowds in general.

I think those who say any crowd of teens can be unruly and annoying is right on the money.. no matter the nationality. I am not doubting these tour groups are a nightmare.. I just think its more about the age group and no chaperones instead of what country they come from.

We were in a movie last night and the theater was filled with a large group of teens.. maybe about 20 in all. We normally go to movies in the afternoon on weekdays and have never experienced anything so irritating as these teens. Non-stop talking.. all through the movie, cell phones buzzing and texts messages furiously flying. Constant back and forth up the aisle to go do whatever outside the theater... it was just awful.
I am one of those who gets really angry about stuff like this but, doesn't have the guts to ever do anything about it. We just sat there and fumed.

I don't want to pay $6000 to Disney for a vacation and then have it ruined by unruly tour groups... that isn't fair to me or my family. Disney should do something about this... if enough people complained and threatened not to come back that would also hurt their bottom line. Having rules for these kids behavior and enforcing them is not too much to ask.

We just came back from WDW - Brazil, Portugal, South America were every where.
Some groups were better than others.
We saw large groups, in in their own color (50 kids and about 4 leaders) in red, orange, yellow and green t-shirts.

Before the MK Main Street parade - some of the kids were doing their own singing and performing (in Spanish or Portuguese, not sure which). They were actually pretty good.

We saw large groups in MK - we did Splash and then they arrived - then we did Thunder just before them, and then they arrived.

Same in EPCOT....we went into Mexico and as we were coming out, they were coming in.....same pattern though out the World. We even saw them coming out of Norway, and the whole group were wearing Viking hats - so cool to see a group of Viking heads ;)

The groups did not bother us and we were able to move around without them interfering with our touring. I guess it was just timing :hourglass

I really don't get all the hub-bub. Yes, they congregate in clump. And they chant. It's really not that big of a deal. The only headache is when one of their groups gets in a FastPass line. I find the cheerleading groups much more of a problem. There was a group that was doing lifts or stands or whatever you call it during Wishes last time we were at WDW. It was irritating.

the real problem at Disney are the caucasion groups. They make up the majority of the lines, take up ADRs and fill the buses. Does anyone know how I can avoid the caucasion groups? I am sure it would be less crowded.

the real problem at Disney are the caucasion groups. They make up the majority of the lines, take up ADRs and fill the buses. Does anyone know how I can avoid the caucasion groups? I am sure it would be less crowded.

Brazilians for the most part are Caucasian. Every once in a while you will see a Negro or an Asian in the group. But they are mostly Caucasian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter