Brazil Tour Groups!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I'll be missing them by going in August this summer.

When I went in January '10, there were a bunch of groups. Some were well-behaved, some not so much. Certainly didn't seem as bad as some of the stories on here (I didn't see any naked tourists in the bathroom, thankfully).

The biggest problem was definitely line cutting, IMO. A huge group went up to the FP line at Space Mountain, but about 1/3 of them didn't have FPs. Thankfully, the CM was diligent in checking and made sure that those who did not have FPs did not enter that line. Unfortunately, many CMs didn't do anything to crack down on line cutting in the regular lines.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but they were at POR a few weeks ago and using the Disney Transportation. I didn't know about the last part until we were trying to leave DHS. I get it that they're staying on site too but they took up two full buses before we got to go back to POR that night.

OMG! No I appreciate the info! I am looking into WL or BWI as they are showing available still. Do you know if they are staying there?

OMG! No I appreciate the info! I am looking into WL or BWI as they are showing available still. Do you know if they are staying there?

I don't know if they're staying at either of those. I will say that I never heard them/saw them unless we went up to the main area to use our mugs. We didn't do that a whole lot since we were out in Alligator Bayou right by the West Depot.

Ok, totally OT. . . . . but. . .
I would totally think this was gross too, up until last Wednesday.
If you had been at Epcot, in the afternoon, in the bathrooms by Mousegears, you would have seen a 30 year old, plump lady awkwardly trying to wash her feet AND SHOES in the sink. And that would have been me. :eek:

I know, totally gross! And I was humiliated as I did it. And yes, I got sneered at and mean looks as I tried to reach my leg up to the sink to get my foot in (NOT EASY AT ALL). It was awkward, and uncomfortable and horrible. :guilty: And all the looks just added to how self conscience I was already feeling.

But, my 4 year old, while waiting in line for Test Track no less, got sick. He told us he wasn't feeling good, and while we were trying to exit to get him to the bathroom. . . . it was too late. And since I was walking next to him. . . . you get the idea. Fortunately there was another mommy SAINT in the line and she gave me a whole bunch of baby wipes, but that only does soooooo good, you know?

So, I had to do what I had to do. (I washed the sink out with soap and such after I was done ofcourse!)
So, I'm just saying, you never really know WHY someone might be putting themselves through the awkwardness of washing their feet in a public bathroom? :confused3

Sorry, I have to agree that is kinda gross. Why didn't you just get a few clean paper towels with soap and wipe your feet off that way? :eek::confused3:eek:

I'm going to be at ASMo July 28-Aug 3. I wonder how bad it's going to be?

I guess I will find out next week.

Sorry, I have to agree that is kinda gross. Why didn't you just get a few clean paper towels with soap and wipe your feet off that way? :eek::confused3:eek:

I don't know, my feet and shoes got, um, *covered*. Certainly more than what a few paper towels could help with. I have OCD, so I was just trying to get my child's vomit off my feet the best and CLEANEST I could. I mean. I guess I didn't think wiping with paper towels, then wiping with soap, and then wiping with damp paper towels to *try* and get all the soap residue off, would be the quickest, most successful, or cleanliest option. I could just imagine feeling soap residue, or worse, sticky vomit residue, the rest of the day.
My son certainly didn't vomit to inconvenience or gross anyone out. And I most certainly wasn't trying to get it off just to displease anyone. All I was thinking of was getting. it. off. :confused3

Like, I said, I too would think it was gross. But then I lived it. Using a whole bunch of papertowels and getting the floor all sloppy wet and not getting nearly clean enough just didn't seem the better option as opposed to thoroughly cleaning, and then cleaning the sink out afterwards.

I guess it ended up not mattering anyways, as I got to spend the next couple hours in Epcot's first Aid with him while the rest of our family played and had fun. So I could have just sat there with my vomit feet and not offended anyone.

OK, while I agree that you can find rude people anywhere, there seems to be a common theme to these Brazilian tour groups. I encountered them back in 1988 when my sister and I took our first trip to Disney. Everywhere we went, they were in groups of at least 50-75. They had absolutly no manners. Every line we were in, they would cut in front of us. If we said anything to them, of course they would just look at us like they didn't know what was wrong, or ignore us altogether. So, I started to wonder why these kids were not taught how to wait in line. Then I encountered a grown woman in the bathroom who, just as I was about to enter a stall that I had stood there and waited for for several minutes, pushed me aside and stepped into that very stall. So, I have always just thought that maybe they just don't enforce such things upon their kids. I don't know, but again, this seems to be the recurring theme about these tour groups.

We live in an area of S fla where their are lots of Brrazilians and many are freinds,neighbors and coaches... they behave nothing like the touring hoards at WDW. This is a situation that only Disney can fix when they get enough complaints to do something about it We experienced it once many yrs ago and will never again. I have never seen such rude, inconsiderate behavior out of any other tour group. We go about 5x a yr so we see a lot of them.

We were also there the beginning of May this year. We didn't see anything until we went to DHS on the 7th. We were going to the last showing of Fantasmic and we got stuck with a band group from Alabama. They were pretty good at first, but the longer we waited, the more cuss words you could hear. I had to mention a time or two that there were little ears around. A lot of chanting from them too.

But the worst was a family sitting next to us. Their son was sitting on the back of the bench and was stomping his feet on the seat part! (they had us waiting in the Beauty and the Beast theater for the fantasmic theater to clear out.) It made an awful racket and caused the whole bench to vibrate. We asked multiple times for them to make their kid stop. :mad:

Now that we are planning our next trip, nobody wants to go back to Fantasmic because of that night.

I had the same experience at Fantasmic in April. I was sitting in the reserved dinner package section and a group of 15 Brazillians went under the rope and spread out. The kids behind me were kicking and pushing.. I told my husband that Fantasmic is ruined and I have no desire to go back.

I told my husband that Fantasmic is ruined and I have no desire to go back.

Well that seems a tad extreme and overly dramatic don't you think? I mean I understand whole heartedly where you're coming from regarding the experience you described but if you let them keep you away then they won, and eventually they'll have the show all to themselves.

Well that seems a tad extreme and overly dramatic don't you think? I mean I understand whole heartedly where you're coming from regarding the experience you described but if you let them keep you away then they won, and eventually they'll have the show all to themselves.

No one has won or lost..Nor is anyone being extreme or dramatic. We have been to Fantasmic for 3 years straight and this experience has made me not want to go again for a while..

I had the same experience at Fantasmic in April. I was sitting in the reserved dinner package section and a group of 15 Brazillians went under the rope and spread out. The kids behind me were kicking and pushing.. I told my husband that Fantasmic is ruined and I have no desire to go back.

When I went in December, I was a little miserable due to the family sitting behind me. The kids kicked me the whole time and I did turn around and ask them to stop. The parents had no idea what was going on. And, I know they were excited, but they screamed during the whole show. I really didn't enjoy the show and my back hurt quite a bit the next day. And I didn't really care if I ever saw the show again.

I did go back two weeks ago with my husband and we had a great time. A well behaved family behind us, tour groups everywhere but they behaved for the most part.

I don't know, my feet and shoes got, um, *covered*. Certainly more than what a few paper towels could help with. I have OCD, so I was just trying to get my child's vomit off my feet the best and CLEANEST I could. I mean. I guess I didn't think wiping with paper towels, then wiping with soap, and then wiping with damp paper towels to *try* and get all the soap residue off, would be the quickest, most successful, or cleanliest option. I could just imagine feeling soap residue, or worse, sticky vomit residue, the rest of the day.
My son certainly didn't vomit to inconvenience or gross anyone out. And I most certainly wasn't trying to get it off just to displease anyone. All I was thinking of was getting. it. off. :confused3

Like, I said, I too would think it was gross. But then I lived it. Using a whole bunch of papertowels and getting the floor all sloppy wet and not getting nearly clean enough just didn't seem the better option as opposed to thoroughly cleaning, and then cleaning the sink out afterwards.

I guess it ended up not mattering anyways, as I got to spend the next couple hours in Epcot's first Aid with him while the rest of our family played and had fun. So I could have just sat there with my vomit feet and not offended anyone.

I probably would have asked for a plastic bag somewhere, stuck the shoes in and bought some flip-flops in one of the stores. I wouldn't have wanted to even touch them. I'm sure you had to throw them in the wash when you got back to your room/house anyway, right? Disney is so great, if a CM saw why you needed new shoes, they might even give them to you. I would have washed my feet with wet paper towels outside after taking the shoes off . With a child throwing up, chances are I would have headed back to the room/house immediately anyway.

Just think of the person coming into the bathroom behind you, using the sink to wash their face:scared1:. Maybe that person had OCD too, you know? And doesn't vomit carry germs? I would think the sink would need to be disinfected with clorox after something like that.

I understand that you were in the moment though and sometimes we just act and don't really think about the effects of what we do.

Public restrooms sinks are ALREADY full of germs no matter what you wash on them. Things are already pretty dirty on those places, no matter how much you clean them.
Having said that, I really don't see what the fuss is all about; I mean, it is gross to look at but it's not like it'll spread any disease or anything. It is ALSO gross to have vomit on your feet.

After all, I'm sure she didn't rub her feet at the faucet!
So when the new water comes out, that's what you're going to be in contact with to either wash your hands/face or brush your teeth, so nothing feet-y or vomit-y there.

Was at MK last night watching the castle show/fireworks and there was a large group right next to me that could not have been more well behaved and considerate of others.

Can't say that about some of the "leisure guests" who were putting their kids on their shoulders and completely blocking the castle show for anyone behind them, pushing and shoving their way down Main St once it was over, and ramming people's ankles with their strollers. One woman actually said that she was deliberately using the stroller as a battering ram: "Watch this! They'll move out of my way now!"

A gentle reminder to me that we have our own brand of rude and inconsiderate right here in the good old USA.

A gentle reminder to me that we have our own brand of rude and inconsiderate right here in the good old USA.

Absolutely. And it will probably become a thread of its own when they reach critical mass. The sheer numbers means that the problem is exponentially more noticeable.

I of course have no problem with tour groups, I just think they shouldnt be able to take over or annoy other guests or be rude! Some are very nice tho so I guess we have been lucky with our encounters.. Ive hear horror stories!

Posted this on the other thread too:

are there any Brazilians or other South Americans who are lurking or posting on the Dis that could clue us in to why these people behave as they do and if the behavior is acceptable and tolerated in their own country.

Posted this on the other thread too:

are there any Brazilians or other South Americans who are lurking or posting on the Dis that could clue us in to why these people behave as they do and if the behavior is acceptable and tolerated in their own country.

That kind of behaviour is not accepted anywhere on Earth!
Believe me when I tell you that BTGs are ALSO discussed on Brazilian Disney Forums. Only it's much worse there because we all extremely ashamed of the way the act and how that reflects on us and our country. When people find out that you're Brazilian in Orlando you can tell they're sorta expecting you to be rude, disrespectful or try to take advantage. It's really awful!

I don't know WHY they behave like this when on vacation. I mean, teenager behavior will mostly depend on their chaperone. If they're negligent, hell will break lose for sure. But we also see a lot of families and grown-ups cutting like and worse. I could not find one single rational explanation for this.
Of course, there are rude and selfish people everywhere, but some of these people I am sure would not dare to act like that when in their home town.
Maybe they think since they "don't speak English" or don't know anybody there that it's OK to be oh-so-smart and take advantage of things. Sure, these same people would be pretty angry if someone did the same to them. :confused3 So, really, no logical explanation!
Knowing that they will probably not be punished is not logical enough for me. I know in Brazil people would get mad and would start a argument, things would be messy. Maybe since they don't think that's gonna happen in WDW, they feel like doing as they please and being jerks.

I know I've had a disagreement with a BTG that consisted mostly of adults and families at the bus stop once. I think it was on POP, I don't remember.
It was a Marathon Day and we were heading to MK (curiously, their guide had no clue about that huge event, so here’s an agency I’ll SUPER recommend! #NOT). Anyway, the line was huge and all buses were taking really long to arrive. There were about four people of the group in the line when a few others arrived and joined then. I thought: “Oh! Ok, rest of their family…”
A few minutes later, more people “joined” them. And then some more! So I got really fed up and decided that I HAD to speak up, because everyone around me was just as annoyed, but I could speak their language. So I asked really loudly: “How many more people are you going to put in front of us?”. Some woman, she was almost embarrassed, said “It’s the ones in our group”; to which I replied “All NINETY of your group??”.
I had a bad case of sore throat that day so my voice was really hoarse, it was sorta ugly/scary (me being a girly girl and all). Had I not been sick, had it not hurt my throat so much to say anything, I would have continued my verbal fight. There was, I found out later, another Brazilian family behind us in line and they were pretty angry too, the woman there, I think she would have joined me pretty soon! LOL

Well, it is terrible for everybody! But I can proudly say that I have been on WDW many times since I was 6 and have never followed a neon flag! LOL
I do sometimes think that I should try to hold one someday, just to see if “my group” would be polite and respectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter