Braves Spring Training

Kimbeachy

Mousketeer
My husband is a huge Braves fan and I am trying to plan to quick trip in March so he can go to a couple of games, and I can return to my favorite place!!! I was wondering if anyone has done the Braves at Disney and had any tips for going to or enjoying the games? How do you get to the sports complex? Taxi? Thanks in advance for any tips!

Hi! We are going to a Braves game in March too! From what I understand we can get a bus to WWoS from DHS....so we are planning on doing that....or taxi if we absolutely have too.

Hi! We are going to a Braves game in March too! From what I understand we can get a bus to WWoS from DHS....so we are planning on doing that....or taxi if we absolutely have too.

I was just thinking of this yesterday. Anyone know the dates of the march games?

My husband is a huge Braves fan and I am trying to plan to quick trip in March so he can go to a couple of games, and I can return to my favorite place!!! I was wondering if anyone has done the Braves at Disney and had any tips for going to or enjoying the games? How do you get to the sports complex? Taxi? Thanks in advance for any tips!
I haven't been to a Braves game at ESPN Wide World of Sports,but have attended many events there(Cheer and Dance Worlds,Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trainig Camp,Disney Channel Games 2007,2008,etc.).:)

It is a GORGEOUS Complex.:)

I understand the Braves games are a lot of fun with Disney Characters sometimes appearing,etc.:)

The only Disney transportation is a bus route that goes from Disney's Hollywood Studios to ESPN Wide World of Sports and back to DHS.It takes about 10 minutes each way.:)

A Taxi will always be faster and more convenient,but I always take the bus(IT IS FREE:)).:)

I was just thinking of this yesterday. Anyone know the dates of the march games?

We are going March 16 and they are playing the Fl Marlins. The schedule is posted on the Wide World of Sports website...I think the season starts the first week in March with a game against the Mets....

*sing* It's a small world after all.. */sing*

Great minds as they say, we're going on the 9th and watching them play the Phillies! :)

I went to two Spring Training games last year at WWOS, one versus the Yankees and one versus the Red Sox.

We had lawn seats which I would be hesitant to recommend. It is a nice place to watch the game from but we happened to be there on two very hot, very sunny days and it was difficult to stay and watch the whole game baking in the sun! I'd recommend getting regular seats if you can.

We used the bus from DHS and found it to be really easy. We also used our Counter Service credits from DDP in the restaurant just outside Champions Field and they packed up all our food so that we could have a great picnic lunch inside on the lawn. It was great! I think they may be changing that restaurant though, so you might not want to count on that.

We would definitely go to a Spring Training game there again. It was a very nice facility and a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter