Brandon and Heather ~ Dreams Do Come True ~ May 21st, 2011

FutureMrsBane

Earning My Ears
I've decided to jump on the bandwagon!! Since everyone else is doing it!!

About the Bride: ME!! My name is Heather Marie, I just turned 22. I am a full-time college student who is working on a Sociology/Psychology/and Social Work Degrees. I'm currently searching for employment, because I have to have some way to pay for this Fairytale wedding. I'm a sorority sister alum, I'm involved in volunteer work, Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and Masonic organizations. I'm about to go on the journey of my life becoming a wife and a mommy to my Fiance's adorable daughter!! I love life and I truely care about people and I'm honestly quite boring!

About the Groom: Brandon Tyler. He just turned 20 (he is a baby and I get called a cougar but whatever). He has a adorable 17 month old daughter named Sally Daylene. He is also a full-time student at ITT Technical Institute studying Computer Networking. He also is trying to find a job!

About US: We have been together for 7 months but have been dating for 9. We got engaged a month after we got together, but we are having a little over 2 year engagement. (We do everything backwards)!! We met at his old work (a Kum and Go Gas Station). I was a regular customer and he was the clerk. It was an instant connection, I thought he was really cute, had a great sense of humor, and was sincere; he thought I was HOT, pretty, and sincere. Little did I know he had been watching me for quite a while! I wish I could say it was LOVE at first sight and it may have been but our relationship got off to a really rocky start. We got past that and when we jumped the hurtle it was instant LOVE.

The Proposal: We had talked about marriage and I was really eager to get engaged, he was too but didn't have the money to do it properly and he didn't want to do it the cheap way (as he put it). I was sick with mono and he was begging me to go out and I really didn't want to, so me made a special romantic dinner at home (Mac and Cheese, Hamburgers, and Tatot Tots...hahaha...but it is my favorite). Brought it to me in bed and surprised me with a proposal. He told me how much I meant to him and his daughter, how he didn't want to live without me, and wanted me to become his wife forever and ever. Then he asked me if I would marry him!

About Our Wedding: We have been engaged for almost 7 months, and have been planning the wedding ever since! We originally planned to have a huge wedding locally but couldn't find a location that we liked to hold our 300 guests. I have dreamed of my wedding day since I was a little girl. We originally set a date for September 25th, 2010 but changed it because we really wanted a April wedding so we moved it to April 24th, 2010; well with financial issues occuring we have now moved it to May 21st, 2011 (and we aren't changing it again)!!! There are a few benefits of postponing the wedding one of which I get my dream wedding!!! Now, I've only been to Disney once in my life and that was when I was in 3rd grade before my life changed dramatically. When I was there I told my mom I wanted a wedding at Disney and she told me Ok (I'm guessing just to shut up), little did she know its actually coming true!! Disney is one of the best memories I have so why not having a wedding there!! After the WEtv special I was able to talk my mom and Brandon into a DISNEY WEDDING!!! I'm so stinkin excited!!! I'm hoping to either either have a wedding at the Pavillion or by Cinderella's Castle, the reception I have no clue I need some help about!! We are expecting around 65 guests to come, and it will be a week filled with Magic!! We will of course have the fireworks show, I really want Cinderella's Carriage, Mickey and Minnie to come to the reception, pictures at MK, and Caption Domo as ring bearer and other such things!! It will be the wedding of the century for those who get to come! We will have a BBQ with video, slideshow of our Disney wedding, with DJ for dancing, and we will repeat all the special things like: first dance, father/daughter dances, and cake cutting.

I am so glad you started I cant wait to read more :)

People call me a semi-bridezilla and I admit that I am at times, but I am so frustrated right now!!
I'm a go getter, always have been and always will be. I am also a perfectionist well these traits can be annoying when wedding planning!!!
I really want to hurry up and book Disney for my wedding, because I want to make sure that I get what I want when I want it!! Well, Disney doesn't let you book anything until a year to eight months before the wedding date! That means I have 14 months until I can book, it is literally going to drive me crazy until I get everything secure!!
It's completely out of my hands, but I need to vent!!

You have such a cute story!!! I too loved the WETV show. We are already booked to do a DCL wedding but it really makes me think that maybe we should switch and just all go on the cruise after!

Its a great thing that you are waiting too - because your soon to be daughter will enjoy and remember it so much more if she is a little older.

Just spend lots of time planning all of the details of exactly what you want. If you request the venue you want the day it becomes available I don't see why you would have a problem. Someone please correct me if I am wrong - but I haven't ever heard of people not being able to get what they wanted when they planned super early.

Check and see if there is a max number of people for the castle because I fear I read something that made me think it was a smaller limit on the people I am thinking it was 40 but I could be totally wrong. If you do that its an 8am ceremony (unless you rent the park out..) so you would prolly want to do a breakfast/brunch or let everyone play in the park for the day and do something that night.

In the beginning I wasn't really fond of the WP but after seeing everyones pictures here I think its now one of my favorites for a ceremony (maybe not as cool as the castle...).

There are so many AMAZING venues and so much that disney can do to make it really special. If you can I would take a just for fun trip down there to take a look around. Do you have a theme yet? I would try to come up with a theme and then start thinking about venues from there.

When I needed a theme I turned to Shelley from Impressions who Bill from DFTW recommended. She was such a huge help! She also did a really great job with our save the dates and has given me sooo many ideas about what is possible to do at disney.

Welcome and I look forward to hearing all of your ideas!

:yay: I decided on a theme!! I didn't even think about having a theme at Disney; I just assumed it would be Disney.
Well, I've decided to have an Enchanted Movie theme. It is probably my favorite movie of all time, it includes all the cute little characters that make it Disney. But it gives it a modern feel like I've always leaned towards!! It'll look great and I am very excited!!!

6a00d8345228e069e200e554288ea58834-500wi

susan-sarandon-enchanted-movie09.jpg

skimbaco

Yay a BSW/Psych student to comiserate with! I'm going for my BSW and Psych degree with a minor in English. I have one more year and my wedding is this October. If I was smart like you, I would have waited until 2011!! :lmao:

Good luck with all your plans and welcome to the boards!!:goodvibes

cool theme! I think it's good to give yourself some extra time... maybe if your itching to plan, take a short trip to WDW in the meantime lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter