Brand Spankin' new!

beachboys

Mouseketeer
Hi ya'll. I'm excited to be a part of The Dis! I've visited the site quite a bit and enjoyed everyone's advice, suggestions and trip reports. We're planning a really special trip, our "familymoon", to Disney World this December and I'm so pumped - Disney planning has become an obsession if you know what I mean, haha.
Not only is this a trip to celebrate our wedding, but it's the first trip for my 3 boys, ages 5, 7 and 8.
So, here's the scoop...
The crew consists of me princess: (34) STBH :cool2: (almost 40) and the kiddos pirate: pirate: and pirate: .
I'm totally looking forward to sharing my plans, adrs, resort info, etc. And I can't wait for feedback! Can I post our trip details here or do I need do do it on another board?
Thanks

Hi and welcome... and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

You'll probably get more of a response elsewhere-- the resorts, restaurants, &/or family boards.

Where are you planning to stay? Have you made reservations yet?

We arrive on December 17th and depart on Dec 23rd. We're splitting our stay - 3 nights at AKL and 3 nights at the Poly. I just couldn't decide on 1 resort, so we opted for trying both. Our flight lands at 11:06am and we don't leave until after 5pm, so we plan on utilizing both of those days to see some sights in the parks.
What are your plans??

We leave at 7 am Wednesday morning, and arrive at MCO by 10. We're undecided on that day-- we do have park tickets; we'll play it by ear and see whether the pool or the parks win.

We have dinner Reservations that night at Chef Mickey's.

Spectro goes on hiatus two days later, so I would like to be in the Magic Kingdom that evening to see it.

The pool at the Poly is supposed to be AWESOME! I doubt we'll be able to use it because of the weather in mid to late December. Are your kids besides themselves with excitement??? What day do you leave?

The pool at the Poly is supposed to be AWESOME! I doubt we'll be able to use it because of the weather in mid to late December. Are your kids besides themselves with excitement??? What day do you leave?

We leave in THREE days on Wednesday 8/13. And my kids are ALMOST, but not quite, as excited as I am!!

Oh, I'm so excited for you! Please give some sort of a report when you return! Have a great family time!

We're leaving for WL in 18 days but have to say, we were at WL this past January, first time for that month and the resort pools are heated. We lucked out and had some 80 degree weather but nights and early mornings were chilly, odd to see steam rising off the pools but the water was very inviting, take swim suits anyway. Being in the pool is great, we've been to WDW in December too, 40 trips overall, and even if the weather is chilly, pool temps are high but the getting out and getting back to your room in the A/C gets alittle nippily. We always take 2 suits each, I just can't get into a cold damp suit and we sometimes swim twice in a day.

Welcome!! We're going to WDW in December too, but a bit earlier....12/7-14th and we can't wait!! :santa: It's our first Christmastime trip and I couldn't be more excited!!!

I hope you have a magical trip and congrats on the upcoming wedding..when is the big day!?:bride:

Pepe - we'll definitely take our suits then! We live at the beach and my boys adore swimming - they'd live in the water if I let them! Thanks for the advice.

princess and boys - you have 3 boys and a "big boy", too! Don't you agree that you're a queen with a full court?!!? The wedding is October 25th, but we have to wait until Christmas break to take the boys on vacation (because of school.) They don't know yet, but I can't wait to tell them and let anticipate! I hope that we both luck out with the holiday crowds - supposedly the lines get long and heavy around the 22nd or 23rd. My fingers are crossed! Do you have adrs are any type of touring plan?
:cheer2:

Welcome - beware when you book one trip it tends to happen as a yearly trip.
We are going on our 3rd year in a row. Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter