• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Brand new with Questions

Allison1027

Earning My Ears
My family and I just got back from a wonderful family trip with DH's parents. I would like to start planning a trip for just my family (5 of us) but I have no idea where to start. Do I use a travel agent? Book through Disney? Where do the discounts come from? Am I even posting these questions in the right board? I'm feeling overwhelmed by the amount of info that is available and I don't know where to start. Thanks in advance for any help!

I say just keep reading on here it is the best way to get different ideas of how to get ready for your trip :cool1: . I know it is a lot to take in , but you have to do your home work some times to have ( most ) things work out the way you want :thumbsup2 . If you are not going right away , you have time :hourglass . The boards are a great place to start , but you and your family have to make the final call . Every one has their own preferences and ours may or may not work for you . Just have fun and stay with it . :coffee: . What works for me ,you may hate, and say "what were they thinking ? " .:confused3 . I personally use a travel agent . I adore her and she seems to keep me more organized and can get answers to ANYTHING ! :rotfl2: Your budget will probably also influence some of yuor decisions ( I know it does mine ). After a while the overwhelming feeling will go away and you will be like a sponge , trying to find out about anything you may have missed. Soak it all in --- work with it --- and then things start to fall into place. :cool1: Remember have to fun ! Planning can be just as exciting and enjoyable. I just did my on-line check-in last night and was on cloud 9 the rest of the evening !! pixiedust:

Thanks I am definitely trying to study...there's so much to planning a Disney vacation!

I'm looking forward to getting things figured out!

First, welcome! You will have so much fun here. I registered a month ago and lurked around reading and learning so much from everyone. I usually use the forums search engine for every single question I think of. There is pretty much a thread for every scenario. People here are so knowledgeable and helpful about everything Disney. Also, you can always create your own thread for any type of question you might have. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter