brand new DW Hollywood Brown Derby menu reviews?

lfcfan

Mouseketeer
Hey,
Big recent changes to this menu. I am so disappointed because I finally booked our first visit to this restaurant for May, based on old menu. I don't really care for the new one, although can be convinced otherwise. We may still go for cobb salads, or just bail and do a different signature splurge for the trip. We usually do Yachtsman but finally decided to try something new.

Has anyone been to HBD in the last couple of weeks? Can you update us on the new items? Thank you!

I'm so glad you posted this! We have reservations there in May as well and didn't know that the menu had changed. We have a couple of picky eaters in our group, but since the burger has been removed, I'm hesitant to keep it!

I'm so glad you posted this! We have reservations there in May as well and didn't know that the menu had changed. We have a couple of picky eaters in our group, but since the burger has been removed, I'm hesitant to keep it!
The burger is still there. I think the new menu is far better than the old. Id eat almost everything now and had a hard time finding something on the old menu I liked.

1648814462303.png

The burger is still there. I think the new menu is far better than the old. Id eat almost everything now and had a hard time finding something on the old menu I liked.

View attachment 659168
Thanks for your reply! When did you take this picture of the menu? It doesn't match the one that is now listed on MDE. The burger is gone on that one. I do hope they still have it!

I was there last week, but we didn’t order any entrees. My DH and I shared 3 apps, the spoon bread, and a dessert (or maybe 2 desserts). Everything was great. We were surprised at how large the shrimp cocktail was and that the tomato salad came with a large ball of dress mozzarella cheese.

I was there last week, but we didn’t order any entrees. My DH and I shared 3 apps, the spoon bread, and a dessert (or maybe 2 desserts). Everything was great. We were surprised at how large the shrimp cocktail was and that the tomato salad came with a large ball of dress mozzarella cheese.
The last couple times we went (in 2021) we split appetizers (charcuterie, tomato/burrata, chopped salad, etc) between 3-4 people and got desserts.

The important question is...do they still have the flight of mini margaritas? 😃😂

We were there Sunday but we just got the Cobb salads and the margaritas. We sat outside. Kellye was the waitress and she's great. They no longer have the appetizer cobb salad so you have to order the entree size. My wife and I each got one. I think next time we'll get one and split it and try something new. Kellye said the scallops were very good.

Sadly, the burger is gone. We didn't realize this until we showed up a couple of weeks ago and it made ordering tougher than before. We all build meals around appetizers, the shrimp mac n cheese is really good. Aside from the salad, the entrees are more dinner-like than lunch. I did ask about the burger and the server said the short ribs were the substitute for the burger - hmmm.
The menu has changed some just in the last couple of weeks, so my guess is they are still tinkering.

I hope if enough people ask for the burger, they will bring it back. I am so tired of the "dinner all day" approach. We have an 11:40am ADR. Pretty sure I don't need a $60 entree in the middle of the theme park tour at 11:40am. I don't mind if they have options for all, but get annoyed when they try to corral me that way in every restaurant.

We were there Sunday but we just got the Cobb salads and the margaritas. We sat outside. Kellye was the waitress and she's great. They no longer have the appetizer cobb salad so you have to order the entree size. My wife and I each got one. I think next time we'll get one and split it and try something new. Kellye said the scallops were very good.
Thought about eating outside. There are 3 of us and the tables all look tiny on the patio in photos, but maybe there are some larger ones? It looks like they are designed for small plates and drinks only. Were you comfortable eating a "meal?"

This would be my order for sure. The burger was planned for my 20 year old. I hope the salad with added protein cuts it for him.

Thought about eating outside. There are 3 of us and the tables all look tiny on the patio in photos, but maybe there are some larger ones? It looks like they are designed for small plates and drinks only. Were you comfortable eating a "meal?"
Definitely. They have some small 2 top tables that work for couples and they have some larger tables that seat 5 I think.

This looks a lot like the previous menu. I don't understand not having a burger on the menu, particularly for lunch.
The pictured menu is not the current menu. The new menu (from the disney website/MDE as of late March) has changed significantly. No burger. Many other changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter