Braces?

I got my braces last July and i need to have them for 2 years. I cant stand them!

I got this bar on the top of my mouth and it just fell right out 2 timess!
I have had so many problems with my braces with the wire sticking out, brackets breaking, things falling out....

IS it just me???

Braces... I kind of miss mine, it sounds stupid :P I think the main reason I hated them was the fear of what my teeth would look like at the end of it all however my teeth turned out quite perfect - it was just the retainer I struggled with ;) I ALWAYS had blue, apart from one time I tried the green braces :P

I had mine one for a year and a month and it sounds so stupid saying this now but... I miss my braces, nothing overly horrifying happened and I remember my teeth feeling SO soft when I had my braces taken off :scared1:

I used to have them and I had head gear also, and some bottom permanent retainer. Now I have nothing :) other than I retainer I'm supposed to wear at night. You all will make it through I believe in you :) My best friend had braces from Third grade to 9th grade she thought they were never going to take them off they told her 6th months it turned into 6 years that orthodontist was really off!

I'm supposed to get them or the clear thing teen retainer like things soon. I have nice upper teeth but from my dads side I have overlapping bottom teeth x.x any suggestions y'all? I've had a appliance before for overbite but I am thinking that it will be different?

I'm supposed to get them or the clear thing teen retainer like things soon. I have nice upper teeth but from my dads side I have overlapping bottom teeth x.x any suggestions y'all? I've had a appliance before for overbite but I am thinking that it will be different?

I'm not sure about all cases but for my braces I had normal train tracks :rotfl2: with elastic bands and after 13 months I had them taken off and a clear plastic retainer fitted :) Looking after my retainer is NOT my forte. I lasted 4 months with one and then had to go and get another one because it was in such a bad condition. Fortunately, my second one has lasted me 5 months and still looks brand new compared to my old one which was snapped in half :P

I had braces for 5 years:( i got them on in 4th grade and just got them off (im a sophomore) a couple months ago. I really liked my braces i learned to smile with them and they soon became a part of who i was. When i got them off i was sad but excited! For all you who have braces out their do what the ortho says because when you get them off its so nice:)

I have them (although I am supposed to get them off in about a month:woohoo:). What annoys me the most about them is trying to floss around them and that I cannot eat whole apples without pieces getting stuck in my them.

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;40920545 said:
I have them -_- ive had em for almost a year, cant stand them of course.

2 more years to go.. (including oral surgery... EEEEEK!)

Don't worry oral surgery really is not to bad. I would take it over braces any day. Unfortunately, I also needed both. My issue was that I had a tooth that instead of just growing normally was growing in the middle of the roof of my mouth and upwards!!! So I had to have oral surgery to turn it around a make a whole in the top of my mouth so that it could start to come down and then they had to attach a chain to it so that they could drag it forward and out of the middle of my mouth. They knocked me out for the surgery and afterwards it did not hurt at all. It was just weird getting used to a whole and a chain in the top of my mouth. Anyways now the tooth is almost completely forward and it should all be over soon.

I've got mine on now. Just got them tightened. Gosh, they kill!!! Getting them off in a few weeks so it's not that bad. Haven't had really any problems with them. I've got them two summers ago so it's not that bad. I'm already dreading the last stage which is the 10 rubberbands in your mouth that have to stay in there until you get them off. Should be fun! *note the sarcasim.*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter