• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boys ages 7 and 4.....BEST character meal for them???

My boys are 10 and 5. They really liked Ohana's, at the time my boys were into Stitch. I liked Ohanas because the food came to us and there was no chance of missing characters. They like Liberty Tavern(I dont think they are doing that one anymore.) Crystal Palace was ok for them. This year we are going to try Donalds Breakfast Safari. Good luck. It seems so much easier with girls because they have several with the Princesses. Not trying to start another thread on that though.

Since your boys' have not completely reached the "jaded" age, (i.e., age 8+ for instance) when anything geared for preschoolers is considered lame, I recommend breakfast at Crystal Palace. The food is always good and the character parade is cute. My boys loved it at that age. They also enjoyed Chef Mickey's, but the buffet is a little more limited.

My 8 year old great nephew several months after our trip, told his little sister that his favorite meal was at the Crystal Palace and he loved Pooh and Tigger...and I thought it was Donald's Tusker House...go figure, but, honestly?? I love CP:)

What about Garden Grill with Chip and Dale? That was the first thing that came to my mind.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

We hit both Chef Mickey's and CP on our last trip. I really loved having lunch at the CP, so we might have to do that one again. I didn't know about the Donald's Breadfast Safari....will have to look into that one! :)

I'd suggest Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House (Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, and Donald), 'Ohana Best Friend's Breakfast (Lilo & Stitch, Mickey & Pluto) at the Poly or Garden Grill in Epcot (Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale).

'Ohana and Garden Grill are served family style. Tusker House has a large buffet with lots of different food.

I'm with the Tusker House folks! Breakfast there is delicious, fun, and a maaaajor time-saver! You have the big 5 come to your table, one at a time, for photos. I am not big on standing in line for photos, so, for me, this breakfast is a must!

Plus, the characters lead a dance for the kids, which my younger son really loves.

I keep wishing for a Star Wars/Indy meal, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen!

My 8 year old great nephew several months after our trip, told his little sister that his favorite meal was at the Crystal Palace and he loved Pooh and Tigger...and I thought it was Donald's Tusker House...go figure, but, honestly?? I love CP:)

LOL...I have a story about Crystal Palace. I took my older son to WDW when he was 3. He met Woody and Buzz the first day...and loved them. The next day he met Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald at Restaurantasaurus...and loved all of them. Day 3: dinner at Crystal Palace.

Eeyore comes to the table: ds screams and hides. Won't even calm down for me to hold him in a picture. Piglet comes by. Repeat. Pooh stops in. Forget even TRYING for a picture. DS was hysterical.

I bolt my food, try to get ds to eat anything (luckily by the CMs realized what was going on and directed the characters away from our table.)

We get out to the park and my son is his happy self. I sit him down on a bench and ask him what the HECK all the screaming and crying had been about.

He turned to me and said, "Mommy, everyone knows that all the other characters are just people in costumes, but Pooh is REAL!"

:rotfl:

And, thus, when you see a small child having a complete fit over nothing, know that in their universe their behavior makes perfect sense!

My boys favorite meal is Garden Grille. :)

The character interaction is by far the best! The characters spend so much time with each table. Many times, the characters will take my boys to the railing to look down at the Living with the Land boat ride.

My guys also love watching the restaurant rotate!

I like that it's the quietest character meal! Due to the high back booths, it's very quiet and peaceful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter