Boycott VMK - April 9th

Tiggerholic

DIS Veteran
As a way of showing VMK that we will not tolerate their behavior towards us and the constant promises that go unfulfilled, I ask you my fellow Dis'ers to boycott VMK on April 9th. Tell your friends that are not on the Dis board to stay off VMK April 9th and just *possibly* VMK might get the message that we will not tolerate THEIR behavior - this basically is a 24hr ban WE are giving to VMK.

Lets stand together and stand tall :grouphug:

As a way of showing VMK that we will not tolerate their behavior towards us and the constant promises that go unfulfilled, I ask you my fellow Dis'ers to boycott VMK on April 9th. Tell your friends that are not on the Dis board to stay off VMK April 9th and just *possibly* VMK might get the message that we will not tolerate THEIR behavior - this basically is a 24hr ban WE are giving to VMK.

while it's a good idea and thought about in good heart, i don't think it will do any good. It's kind of like the email forwards you get about boycotting gasoline on a particular day...so you boycott that one day but you're buying gas the next day.

while it's a good idea and thought about in good heart, i don't think it will do any good. It's kind of like the email forwards you get about boycotting gasoline on a particular day...so you boycott that one day but you're buying gas the next day.

Yeah, but there isn't a ticker that says how many people are using gas at a given time. ;)

Great idea, Tigger! You can count on me sitting out next Wednesday.

why dont we send a letter to who ever is in charge at disney and sight in with a photo of us in vmk and our vmk name and tell them hwo badly vmk treets users

First let me say that I do not think this a bad idea.

But...this is a free game. They wont be losing anything if people skip a day. And like Cyre said, everyone will be right back the next day. :confused3

NO WAY! This would be pretty stupid to do, come on it's a free game... stop complaining they aren't "mean" to us and if you think so you need to grow up. So what the magic you have anticipated is not out! It will gees lighten up!!

NO WAY! This would be pretty stupid to do, come on it's a free game... stop complaining they aren't "mean" to us and if you think so you need to grow up. So what the magic you have anticipated is not out! It will gees lighten up!!

Nice first post... :sad2:

Who do you think we're going to empathize with more? Our good friend Tiggerholic, or an angry new person whose first post is a flame?

I'm not sure how long you have been playing VMK, but for my part, I can honestly say that we have a just cause here. To assume that the "magic you have anticipated" will come out eventually, is very naive. We have been waiting for Flying Carpet for several years now and it was hinted that we were getting it soon at the beginning of last month. People celebrated when it was hinted that we were getting it in the next couple weeks, but I was wise enough to stay my enthusiasm.

And where the inferno is my PPR Starter? For goodness sakes it's been a WHOLE YEAR since Alice was released!

VMK prolongs releasing things to keep people playing. That's the truth of the matter.

There was a pool a long ago and We are a lot adults on here, so I dont think we need to grow up and saying that they are not "mean" is a bit easy ..

I won't boycott. I have been disappointed in the past by not getting a coveted item or in a event with high end items. Some examples are dreams month, I didn't get a castle suite. Many people I know did. I was sick the day of the gingerbread room contest sign ups and missed it. I even missed the contest here. I haven't got in for most of the pin exchanges. Yes it is frustrating. Would of loved a eye pin. But you win some you lose some. And yes I have vented before. But boycott a free game???? If you don't enjoy vmk don't play. End of story.

PrincessAveri

Hey, I respect you guys for taking a stand on something.

It might be helpful for someone here to enumerate their grievances so that the rest of us will know what you are standing up for and type of change you would like to see.

:hippie:

I've passed this on to another forum. Let's see what happens.

Hey, I respect you guys for taking a stand on something.

It might be helpful for someone here to enumerate their grievances so that the rest of us will know what you are standing up for and type of change you would like to see.

:hippie:

To be honest, I was wondering the same thing. I don't mean any disrespect I just dont know what you wish to boycott over.

Tiger, I really want to participate but.. it wouldn't do anything to VMK, since we're about 20 people? and VMK's usually traffic is about 5000+ plus.. were not enough for VMK to actually notice anything.

It might get noticed if we could convince enough people to join that there were only a couple hundred people on at a time, but I doubt that would be possible. Maybe a better idea would be that we all write in to Contact Us and tell them what we don't like, it might work if they decide to actually read their e-mails.

It might get noticed if we could convince enough people to join that there were only a couple hundred people on at a time, but I doubt that would be possible. Maybe a better idea would be that we all write in to Contact Us and tell them what we don't like, it might work if they decide to actually read their e-mails.

Especially the people who have nothing else to do.. How do we convince them?

The reasons for the boycott are:

1. For shutting the quest down early because of a few people who used illegal programs to complete the quest, unlike most of us who took 60+ hours to complete. This was NOT fair to those who truly worked very long and hard to try and complete the quest. Since when is asking for help on the questions considered cheating? Quoting Yavn directly "anything worth doing takes time and determination." Well why in the dickens did they pull the quest early? Sheesh, give us the time to complete it, because I know we all had the determination. Waiting for over 30 minutes to get into the Pirates Lobby was horrendous and if you were not with a group of people, then you were not allowed play.

2. Yavn had PROMISED in the newsletter that new magic was coming out the end of March. Where is it? Where is the PPR ride start? I am tired of them making promises and not coming through on them.

I fully understand, as an ADULT, that there are hiccups and not everything will come out when it is promised, but how long has the Card Game been in *basic* mode with the promise of it opening up VERY SOON :confused3

Blue Oshaman Blue, you might want to watch your postings :rolleyes1

As for writing in to the "Black Hole" ... feel free do to that, but rest assured you will get a computer generated reply back that will neither actually responded to your complaint or give any kind of explanation.

April 9th was just a date I pulled off the calendar. Someone have a better date?

I guess I was a little off the boat with my previous response. I guess I didn't see your reasoning. Thanks for your updated explanation. Makes more sense to me now.

The reasons for the boycott are:

1. For shutting the quest down early because of a few people who used illegal programs to complete the quest, unlike most of us who took 60+ hours to complete. This was NOT fair to those who truly worked very long and hard to try and complete the quest. Since when is asking for help on the questions considered cheating? Quoting Yavn directly "anything worth doing takes time and determination." Well why in the dickens did they pull the quest early? Sheesh, give us the time to complete it, because I know we all had the determination. Waiting for over 30 minutes to get into the Pirates Lobby was horrendous and if you were not with a group of people, then you were not allowed play.

2. Yavn had PROMISED in the newsletter that new magic was coming out the end of March. Where is it? Where is the PPR ride start? I am tired of them making promises and not coming through on them.

I fully understand, as an ADULT, that there are hiccups and not everything will come out when it is promised, but how long has the Card Game been in *basic* mode with the promise of it opening up VERY SOON :confused3

Blue Oshaman Blue, you might want to watch your postings :rolleyes1

As for writing in to the "Black Hole" ... feel free do to that, but rest assured you will get a computer generated reply back that will neither actually responded to your complaint or give any kind of explanation.

April 9th was just a date I pulled off the calendar. Someone have a better date?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter