Boy saved at GF Pool!

Buzz2001

CSR MAN!!
NFL player agent Rosenhaus saves boy at Disney pool

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - NFL player agent Drew Rosenhaus performed CPR to save a young boy pulled unconscious from a swimming pool at a Disney World resort hotel Tuesday.

The Chicago boy was on a trip with his family. He was transported to a hospital but was expected to be fine, said Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

"Rosenhaus brought him back," Torres said.

Rosenhaus, whose hardball negotiating tactics have made him perhaps the league's most notorious agent, said he was at the Grand Floridian to visit clients and ran to help when he heard screaming after the boy was pulled from the pool.

Agent Drew Rosenhaus saves boy from drowning
BY JASON COLE

Sports agent Drew Rosenhaus went from superhero worshiper to hero Tuesday.

Rosenhaus, who represents such clients as the Philadelphia Eagles' Terrell Owens and many Miami Dolphins, helped save a 3-year-old boy from drowning at a pool at the Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World. Rosenhaus, a lifeguard in college, performed CPR on the boy, who did not breathe for about two minutes.

Asked if Rosenhaus' efforts could be called heroic, Cpl. Carlos Torres of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said ``very much so. If not for his quick response, the child probably would not have made it.''

Torres said Maurice Garrett of Chicago was in stable condition.

''People didn't know what to do, so I just rushed in to help. All my training from when I was younger kicked in,'' Rosenhaus said. ``It was scary. For the first minute or so, he wasn't breathing. I was really worried he wasn't going to make it, then he spit up the water.''

"I dropped my phone, which is pretty rare," joked Rosenhaus, who worked as a lifeguard as a youngster. "I was thrilled to help the boy. It was nice to be a good guy for once."

NFL player agent Rosenhaus saves boy at Disney pool

Agent Drew Rosenhaus saves boy from drowning

OK I'll bite....where were the lifeguards? The boy was already unconscious and a bystander was the one to pull him out. :earseek:

km2all said:
OK I'll bite....where were the lifeguards? The boy was already unconscious and a bystander was the one to pull him out. :earseek:

Which article said a bystander pulled him out? The first one said he was already out when Rosenhaus got to him. Was it the Miami paper one which requires you to register to read it. Can you post the actual article?

km2all said:

A much better question WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?????

There are not lifeguards at all the pools or after hours. In addition, when a pool is very busy it is practically impossible for lifeguards to see everything at once. Having guarded I can understand this.

The safetly of the kids is the PARENT's primary responsiblity not Disney's!

The articles don't give enough details, someone else (maybe the parents) got the child out of the pool. Drew Rosenhaus went over and performed CPR.

I don't know what time of day it was but I agree with the other posters, if lifeguards were on duty they should have been the ones performing CPR and calling 911.

Looks like parents left the child in the kiddie pool with a 10 year old brother. Drew got over there before the Disney lifeguards that were on duty.

CarolA said:
A much better question WHERE ARE THE PARENTS?????

There are not lifeguards at all the pools or after hours. In addition, when a pool is very busy it is practically impossible for lifeguards to see everything at once. Having guarded I can understand this.

The safetly of the kids is the PARENT's primary responsiblity not Disney's!

Until we hear the full story, I think we need to take the reports with a grain of salt. It's similar to the ToT report I heard on my local Boston station. The way the newscasters read it, they stated once the ride stopped, so did the girls heart. Based on further reports we know that didn't happen, she walked off the ride. Anyway, back to this report, according to the Orlando Sentinel, the 3 year old was left alone in the kiddie pool by his 10 year old brother. I'm guessing this is the small round pool by the courtyard pool. There was no mention of where the parents were. It's reported that the 10 year old pulled his brother out.

Wow. That's wonderful. He has a big heart.

Where were the lifeguards and his parents/guardians.....

I haven't seen a report of where his parents were. We don't usually swim in the courtyard pool, but I believe that there are lifeguards on duty during certain hours. The kiddie pool is off to the side of the big pool and probably only contains shin deep water. Not sure how much the lifeguards actually watch this area because I can't imagine letting a toddler in by himself. It does seem strange that no other adult was in the kiddie pool though to see that this child was in trouble.

Expecting an 8(or 10?) year-old boy to do a good job of watching a three year-old boy around swimming pools was at least unrealistic on the parents' part (and borders on negligent, imo). The older brother might have walked away for a second, he might have forgotten for a moment...but he did do the right thing by pulling his brother out of the water & calling/yelling/screaming for help. He didn't freeze, he *acted*. I hope the parents remember that.
People forget that toddlers/young children can drown even with adults/parents "on duty"... Children can drown in only 2 inches of water, it doesn't have to be the deep end of the pool. That's why there are all these warnings on those plastic buckets now.

I'm glad that someon who knew CPR was close by and that it looks like the boy will be ok.
agnes!

I posted this on the parks side in a similar thread but I agree. Where were the parents? You NEVER EVER EVER trust a lifeguard with your child’s life. Never, not in any circumstance. Those parents should be prosecuted for child endangerment. There is no excuse whatsover for leaving that child alone in any pool even if it is with another sibling. My son is 15 and does swim at our lodge pool without me there but he is 15 and a great swimmer. But I tell you when I am there I do make an effort to look for him in the pool from time to time. It’s that mother bear syndrome I never got over. I can’t believe parents can be that stupid. The only excuse I can possibly think of is if the kid slipped out of the room with both parents or one if there is only one on the trip were in the bathroom. And that is stretching it a bit.

Yep, my first thought is why is the agent saving GF swimmers? The lifeguards didn't know what to do? :confused3

Laurajean1014 said:
Wow. That's wonderful. He has a big heart.

Given Drew Rosenhaus' need for publicity and attention, my first thought was to make sure he hadn't pushed the kid in in the first place. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the parents should definitely be held accountable for leaving their kid unattended (and leaving him with a 10 year-old IS unattended). A lot of hotel pools NEVER have a lifeguard. Parents need to start taking some responsibility for their kids. Unfortunately, behavior like this is becoming the norm not the exception.

Originally Posted by dznyntnh
Given Drew Rosenhaus' need for publicity and attention, my first thought was to make sure he hadn't pushed the kid in in the first place.

LOL!

seriously, way to go on this one, Drew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter