Boy, 8, Writes Hilarious Angry Letter to Disney

Kennywood

Kennywood
Ethan wants Disney Cruises to cast some "cool guys" for other little boys to meet, since he's not sure if he'll ever take a cruise again.

BvooIG8.jpg

0qPJPEs.jpg

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/12/cute-kid-note-of-the-day-_n_2671142.html

As good as Disney is at merchandising, they miss the mark throughout the corporation in their marketing to little boys. Why don't they have the princes? How about Buzz and Andy? I have seen Peter Pan and Capt Hook on occasion. But Disney seems to be "all princess, all the time".

BTW - I have girls so the emphasis on princesses was great for us and DH didn't mind either ;)

I've only seen Jack Sparrow on Pirate night and with looooong lines. Maybe if there were more Disney "guys" about more frequently it would create more opportunity for little boys to have character meets akin to the girls with the princess meets. As the mom of 2 boys (albeit old enough that they wouldn't bother with character meets anymore) I can see this young man's frustration. Back when we were huge parks pounders I wish they'd had a boy-centric character meal. That would've been so much more fun for the boys than princesses. pirate:

Yea this was my concern too with my lil guy, but he was older when we cruised so it didn't matter much to him! I did FORCE him to take a pic with Tiana when we saw her in the hall (not because we stood on line for her) and he made me promise that would be the last princess pic! LOL! Albeit he didn't mind posing with Minnie when she crashed our elevator! :lmao:
All that said he totally geeked out when we saw Jack! We saw him several times on Dream and got pics with him twice. Once during his character call time on the ship and again at CC. It was a highlight of the trip as Jack chatted him up for a while and shamelessly hit on me completely mortifying my son! I LIVE for those moments! We also saw Capt. Hook and Peter Pan, my son acknowledged Capt. Hook but barely noticed or cared to notice Peter!

SnowWhite2 said:
As good as Disney is at merchandising, they miss the mark throughout the corporation in their marketing to little boys. Why don't they have the princes? How about Buzz and Andy? I have seen Peter Pan and Capt Hook on occasion. But Disney seems to be "all princess, all the time".

BTW - I have girls so the emphasis on princesses was great for us and DH didn't mind either ;)

Buzz and Woody were on Dream and Fantasy when I cruised

I know my little guy would love to see Buzz and Woody!! Or even Wall-E!!! (He watches Wall-E about once a week. lol) I've often wondered why they don't do the pixar characters. Aren't they already in some of the shows? How hard would he be to have them do a little face time for the kids one day?

They can't be found in the parks either. Peter Pan is on the ships and in the parks, but other than him, the other male figures are mainly the villians (Hook, Jafar). Disney misses the boat again (pun intended).:rotfl2:

This is priceless...we wondered the same thing 2 years ago...good for the little boy..he was polite in asking...I think it's wonderful...

My mom and I have often wondered the same thing about Disney's missed marketing to boys. We would complain every trip about the lack of cute clothes for young boys, and the lack of boy characters. Maybe Ethan will get somewhere!

We met Jack Sparrow on CC and on Pirate Night. We also met Aladdin outside of a restaurant one evening.

One of our best memories from our last Dream cruise (Feb. 2012) was when our DS, age 8 met Jack Sparrow! We rushed from dinner to a photo op in the lounge area and we had 10 minutes alone with him. It was magical and DS was thrilled.

Aww, that is cute.

Peter Pan made the cruise for my little boy (6.5 when we cruised). He knew my son's name and would pull him out of line (no matter what line he was in) whenever he saw him so that they could go do things together--the two of them were together a LOT and it was fantastic! They got up to a lot of mischief together and my little guy got to see and do a lot of things he wouldn't have otherwise been able to do.

Such a lovely sweet ask of DCL and such a shame he didn't get to meet his heros!

Maybe if the Mom and Dad or Parent or Guardian had read the Navigator they would have seen when and where the Characters were around!
Or called the PAL's phone line

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter