Bows on your Christmas gifts?

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Every single present you wrap? Only a certain portion? Only those being gifted to people outside of your home? None at all?

Here it's pretty much only those leaving the house - on the way out the door to deliver them - or handing it to the person to unwrap as soon as they arrive at the house.. DD's cat will rip the bow off of every single package - even if you super glued it on..LOL..

Only those that leave our house. Wrapping is something to get through rather than something enjoyable. Somehow I ended up with dad's wrapping skill instead of my mom's :rotfl:

I'm more of a ribboner, but every package gets something. I love to wrap!

I don't put bows on Christmas presents- don't exactly know why, they just look tacky to me. Probably because most of the gifts we get with bows are shipped from out of town, and the bows are always squashed and misshapen, or just falling off altogether.

I like to have a different wrapping theme every year- this year it is brown paper gift bags with red and green stamped Christmas elves, penguins, polar bears, and Santas. Red or green printed tissue is stuffed in the top of each bag, and I made homemade gift tags for each one.

I always do fun ribbons/bows on birthday gifts, though. :confused3

Every single present you wrap? Only a certain portion? Only those being gifted to people outside of your home? None at all?

Here it's pretty much only those leaving the house - on the way out the door to deliver them - or handing it to the person to unwrap as soon as they arrive at the house.. DD's cat will rip the bow off of every single package - even if you super glued it on..LOL..

I can't bring myself to NOT put bows on each gift, but we have the same issue as your DD. I have at least learned to laugh with DH about how many bows the cats have pulled off packages by the time we come home each night.

Only the presents that leave the house. The ones that stay at home are just wrapped.

Absolutely, bows on everything! I spent 10 years gift wrapping professionally and our motto was "It's not a gift until it's wrapped!" and I mean hand made bows, not peel and stick!

For the packages not leaving the house, I try to use the same size boxes every year so I can re-use the bows next year. (Nice ribbon can be expensive!)

Bows, ribbons, different methods of tying, little ornaments or such......I like to mix it up and make every package look wonderful.

Depends on how ambitious I feel :) Right now, everything is wrapped and tagged, but only about half have bows. The rest are sitting in a pile mocking me until I get to the ribbon and bow part--if I do.

I would love to put bows and such on but the cats would eat them!! :sad2:

I buy a bag of bows and stick them on everything. I wish I could make pretty bows by myself with pretty ribbons but I have no talent in that area.

Used to put pretty ribbons and bows on everything. Now.....can't be bothered. Just happy that everything gets wrapped!!:cool1:

I use ribbons, DH and teh kids use stick on bows. I recycle pretty much everything (boxes, tissue paper, ribbons, bows) so we've been using the same stick on bows for over 10 years now. I prefer to use those wire-edge ribbons and I save the cut lengths from year to year. My kids love to get their presents with those pretty ribbons on it--there's something satisfying about pulling a ribbon off a box. :laughing: Now, anything that gets mailed goes solo. Bows just get crushed in the packing.

No bows for us because of the cat. It was just not worth it. I don't think I've used bows in years. Sometimes I will add them if we are taking them somewhere else & I will add them at the last minute.

Ribbons on everyone's gifts-- everyone's! I usually do fancy ribbon (velvet, wire-edged, sparkly, etc.) but decided to stick with different colored curling ribbon this year. Everyone gets VERY fancy gift tags, too. I went overboard this year on those-- I think I have enough for the next couple of years, lol!

My aunt has a great talent for making pretty bows. I've never sat down long enough to try.

I do love trying new things with ribbon, and I love using the miniature bows. I also love ripping the paper off any gift.. it's no fun until the wrapping paper is in shreds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter