Bound for Barcelona - April 10, 2010 EB TA - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, instead of doing chores or going into the office, I've been sitting here wondering how we should be announced when we enter the ship.

Last cruise (three single ladies) we were announced as "The Three Amigos" (yes, it should have been amigas). This time I was trying to come up with a combination of our names; Pamela, Monica and Jackie. Came up with: Pamonakie? Japamnica? Monjackala? :lmao:

I think I like "DCL welcomes the Monjackala family"!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Just noticed for the Ducky Williams stuff:

He'll offer several exclusive workshops including cell painting. Sign up for these exciting opportunities once onboard. A nominal fee will apply.

:thumbsup2

I wonder why Ducky is charging for his workshop now, he hasn't before.

I think these will be something new, with more limited access perhaps? I can't imagine them being able to do a cell painting session for 300 people!

I bet there will still be the 'draw Mickey' type session too, as well as his "how I came to work for Disney" talk (which is a don't miss if you haven't already heard it). If he's on the crossing portion of the cruise, they have to keep him busy for six days after all!

we did not pay on the WBPC in 2008

Krisann

We did the cell painting on the SS Members Cruise last Sept. and it was free. He held it twice at Animator's Palate, and there wasn't an empty seat to be found.

Hopefully, like was said earlier, he will do something new and different since he's charging for it. Otherwise it would'nt be right.

Last cruise (three single ladies) we were announced as "The Three Amigos" (yes, it should have been amigas). This time I was trying to come up with a combination of our names; Pamela, Monica and Jackie. Came up with: Pamonakie? Japamnica? Monjackala?

--How about that famous law firm ... Dewey, Cheatum and Howe?

--Likely for supplies. BTW ... I doubt "Ducky" is the one charging anything, rather, DCL would likely be imposing the fee ... like charging a fee for the Alcohol Tastings, etc. Someone had also asked if Ducky was bringing art to sell. Same scenario ... Disney would be supplying artwork for sale in the DCL art auction. Although West End Gallery (art auctioneer) is generally considered an embarrassing flop, Ducky's works were well received, and were a big (and expensive) hit on the EBTA.

--How about that famous law firm ... Dewey, Cheatum and Howe?

--Likely for supplies. BTW ... I doubt "Ducky" is the one charging anything, rather, DCL would likely be imposing the fee ... like charging a fee for the Alcohol Tastings, etc. Someone had also asked if Ducky was bringing art to sell. Same scenario ... Disney would be supplying artwork for sale in the DCL art auction. Although West End Gallery (art auctioneer) is generally considered an embarrassing flop, Ducky's works were well received, and were a big (and expensive) hit on the EBTA.

My point is that his workshop for cell painting has been free before and that on the transatlantic (unless it's a different type of workshop) it isn't free. Plus, I imagine that Ducky would have some imput on the things he does on the ship.

Last cruise (three single ladies) we were announced as "The Three Amigos" (yes, it should have been amigas). This time I was trying to come up with a combination of our names; Pamela, Monica and Jackie. Came up with: Pamonakie? Japamnica? Monjackala? :lmao:
I think I like "DCL welcomes the Monjackala family"!

I Have an idea....How about ......
THE COUGAR FAMILY!::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks Michelle2...for the FE comment :)

So after much thinking I too decided not to use the sheets. I am happy to bring the pack I have if anyone wants it. Please let me know ahead of time :)

Okay, I know a while back there was a lot of talk about groups getting together for planned excursions. I am just wondering, before we book any on our own, if there is any groups needing a party of two to complete and help share the costs.

We have ideas of what we want to do and where, but I thought I would check before finalizing anything, especially if anyone needs a couple more to share costs and it is of interest to us.

Just pm me if you have room, the plans and are interested in adding a couple.

On a better note, we actually have had sun and temps in the 40's or better the last couple of days. I cannot wait for this cruise for so many reasons, but weather is a biggie!

Our room has not changed since the initial upgrade of 12 to 11 and we have not received our docs, yet. But, we went through AAA and our rep will get them before we do!

Happy sunny Sunday to all.

Pirate night is Madeira night? With the long stretch of days, why didn't they put it on a free day? pirate:

Pirate night is Madeira night? With the long stretch of days, why didn't they put it on a free day? pirate:

I believe it's because the fireworks have to be done not too far from land. In case there is any emergency. Pirate nights are always on a port day. (Plus, it gives the 'natives' a nice fireworks show.)

I believe it's because the fireworks have to be done not too far from land. In case there is any emergency. Pirate nights are always on a port day. (Plus, it gives the 'natives' a nice fireworks show.)

Ah, that makes sense! I missed the pirate night on my first go-around and am looking forward to it this time. pirate:pirate:

Ah, that makes sense! I missed the pirate night on my first go-around and am looking forward to it this time. pirate:pirate:

I've attended the party, but have never made it to the FOOD! Always had late dining so there was no hunger involved, but I would like to check out the desserts next time. :thumbsup2

Do they actually announce you at embarkation?

No docs here yet either. And I booked directly with Disney. Keep checking the Disney cruise site hoping for a little more pixie dust. Don't know why--I'm quite pleased with my location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter