Bouncebacks at Campsites?

EnchantedSurprise

Mouseketeer
I tried searching and could not find it so I wanted to ask the pros, can you book a bounceback if you are staying at a campsite?

Thanks! :worship:

I tried searching and could not find it so I wanted to ask the pros, can you book a bounceback if you are staying at a campsite?

Thanks! :worship:

Have been to the Fort since they opened, and after 'many' trips have never received a 'bounce back'! ;) The closest we came was one year they sent us a special invitation at a reduced rate, but that's been many moons ago! :) Several years ago also, we'd receive a notice before checkout to extend our ressies by a day+ at very reduced rates.

Guess it stays so occupied now that there is never a need for too much incentives. Also, they've pretty much made sure that there aren't 'very' many 'slow' seasons!

Must be thanks to all of us 'regulars' that love it so much! :wave2:

In fifteen years of regular campsite Fort visits, we have never received a bounceback. And in fact, I haven't even heard the term in several years.

Never got a reduced rate offer either.

Grumble, grumble... but we'll be back soon.

In fifteen years of regular campsite Fort visits, we have never received a bounceback. And in fact, I haven't even heard the term in several years.

Never got a reduced rate offer either.

Grumble, grumble... but we'll be back soon.

Don't feel bad Ken. I got one but passed on it.

The last trip to the Fort (April 2013), I got a bounceback email. Problem was, I was staying in a Preferred campsite at the time (Disney knew that naturally) and the offer was for a cabin discount. :eek:

The offer was only good while I was at the Fort and I wasn't checking email on vacation (isn't that the point of being on vacation? To detach JUST a little? (although I found time to do a live TR.) So I saw it when I got home. Not that I would have taken it - hells bells, that's what I got a camper for.

NorthOfMouse is right - WDW doesn't need those kinds of discounts to get folks to camp at the Fort. They're not in the business of giving money away.

Bama Ed

Don't feel bad Ken. I got one but passed on it.

The last trip to the Fort (April 2013), I got a bounceback email. Problem was, I was staying in a Preferred campsite at the time (Disney knew that naturally) and the offer was for a cabin discount. :eek:

The offer was only good while I was at the Fort and I wasn't checking email on vacation (isn't that the point of being on vacation? To detach JUST a little? (although I found time to do a live TR.) So I saw it when I got home. Not that I would have taken it - hells bells, that's what I got a camper for.

NorthOfMouse is right - WDW doesn't need those kinds of discounts to get folks to camp at the Fort. They're not in the business of giving money away.

Bama Ed
Oh I know they don't really give discounts to the camp sites, it's just..
err..
I don't plan on always camping :duck:
I want to try a lot of Disney resorts and am REALLY looking forward to this trip but was hoping maybe while there I could book a return trip with the bounceback for either the cabins or two value rooms..
Good to know you got the email while you were there - something to keep in mind :goodvibes

What's a 'bounce back'? Is that where you book before you leave, you get a discount? If so, they ALWAYS have those offers on a table card in all of the resorts. We have stayed at many and each trip, the card with a 'return soon offer' is there.

mmbl: But at what price?

Ed : You are Oh so right. I got my MH. Who needs a cabin? What I need is a free campsite (never happen), but somehow we keep coming back. :goodvibes

What's a 'bounce back'? Is that where you book before you leave, you get a discount? If so, they ALWAYS have those offers on a table card in all of the resorts. We have stayed at many and each trip, the card with a 'return soon offer' is there.
Yes, I have always had them at resorts but had no idea how it would work on a campsite.

Not sure if it's the same thing, but over the holidays when I checked in their was some advertisement for a 'Joy' discounted rate offer. Course, it wasn't available for the fort sites, didn't keep them from giving me the promo information nor me calling complaining that they were being discriminatory. If they weren't gonna offer the rate for the campsites, then they shouldn't have offered it as an advertisement in my check in packet. I am just saying....

mmbl: But at what price?

Ed : You are Oh so right. I got my MH. Who needs a cabin? What I need is a free campsite (never happen), but somehow we keep coming back. :goodvibes

Free campsite, discounted campsite... I'd take either!

mmbl: But at what price? Ed : You are Oh so right. I got my MH. Who needs a cabin? What I need is a free campsite (never happen), but somehow we keep coming back. :goodvibes

I understand your point, if you mean that you wouldn't stay in a resort hotel for any price; but, the discounted rates are usually 35-40% off the rack rate. Doesn't make much difference to us as we have premium annual passes and typically get 30-45% off the rack rate~ but we're pretty flexible with where we stay so we only book when we are ready to make definitive travel plans. We have also used DVC (David's Vacation Club) and have rented member points for really good deals on the Villas. We have cabins coming up in just a few weeks and DD and SIL are staing at WLV. No motor home here. I'd kill my spouse if we drove everywhere; couldn't even if we wanted too as he is too young to retire. We did drive our travel trailer there for a two week stay back in or about '99. The kids were still at home and a former client of mine got us the employee rate which was dirt cheap. It was fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter