• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulders Ridge

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone,
We were thinking about staying at Boulder's Ridge in a studio in August. I have stayed at Bay Lake and OKW in the past. We did a lot of waiting for buses at OKW. How is the boat ride to MK and the buses to Epcot,HS and AK?
I see they are having renovations. Do you think they will be done by then and are they renovating the rooms?
What are your thoughts regarding this Property and how is the dining options?

Last edited:
The boat ride to MK is nice, it goes by the contemporary. Not as convenient as the monorail, or walking to MK, but I think it is a nice leisurely trip, IMO.

To the best of my knowledge, the rooms at VBR were just recently redone, (with the now sleeping 5 room set up), so I do not believe there will be any room rehabs going on.

Also, Copper Creek will be open by then, so renovations should be done, or at a minimum.

It is one of my "Home's", but that does not mean it is for everyone. Your opinion on the theme will be your own.

The boat ride is our favorite part of staying at the Lodge/Boulder Ridge. It may not be AS convenient as walking or taking the monorail, but it really adds to the magic of the whole thing. The boats are more frequent than the buses (in our opinion), and it's a really nice way to start or end your day at the Magic Kingdom. We stayed at BLT most recently, and despite the convenience, we weren't really in love with the monorail and walking took away some of the magic.

Bus rides to the other parks are longer, obviously, so I think it really depends on which park you are focused on. If that park isn't the Magic Kingdom, and you're not in love with the wilderness theme, I'd probably try somewhere else.

As Jersey said, the renovations will be (mostly) complete by then. The rooms at Boulder Ridge are unaffected by the renovations, but they were re-done a few years ago, so they're in pretty good shape.

The dining options are fun and varied. I'm not sure if Roaring Forks (the quick service option) will be back open by August (I think it will be), but you have two other sit-down options and the newly opened Geyser Point (which looks really cool). Also, by the time you stay, the new Boulder Cove pool will be open, which should be really nice (in addition to the Lodge's main pool).

*as a note, we own at Boulder Ridge and recently added on with Copper Creek, so we love the place! That being said, Magic Kingdom is by FAR our favorite park, so the distance to the other parks is really a non-factor for us.

Is there still a direct bus from WL to MK?

While not nearly as fun or relaxing as the boat ride, it was significantly shorter and we liked having the option ~ especially since the bus stop is so much closer to the villa building then the boat dock ;)

Is there still a direct bus from WL to MK?

While not nearly as fun or relaxing as the boat ride, it was significantly shorter and we liked having the option ~ especially since the bus stop is so much closer to the villa building then the boat dock ;)

Yes, you can still take a bus to MK.

following along even though we havent been on this april's trip yet...AKL 17-24th we already know we will be booking for Boulder creek for april 2018 13-20th!

following along even though we havent been on this april's trip yet...AKL 17-24th we already know we will be booking for Boulder creek for april 2018 13-20th!

We're very interested in this thread as we currently waitlisted for a 2 BR at Boulder Ridge at the end of October. We were a little concerned about the renovations at WL, but were reassured to hear that most of the renovations should be completed by October. Hope that's a reasonable assumption. We were also hoping that when CCV opens up our wait list may come through if some folks move from VBR to CCV.

We're very interested in this thread as we currently waitlisted for a 2 BR at Boulder Ridge at the end of October. We were a little concerned about the renovations at WL, but were reassured to hear that most of the renovations should be completed by October. Hope that's a reasonable assumption. We were also hoping that when CCV opens up our wait list may come through if some folks move from VBR to CCV.

I think that most of the hammering and loud noise will be finished in the main Lodge building, but I don't expect the outside construction (mostly the cabins) to be completed by October. They might be, but Disney is on record as saying that construction will continue throughout 2017 and possibly into early 2018.

Just a comment since there is a lot of confusion about the two different DVC resorts on the Wilderness Lodge campus. I would use BRV as the abbreviation for Boulder Ridge Villas...when I read VBR I think Vero Beach Resort.

Along the lines of the comments above, just to clarify...you mention Boulder Creek...it is Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. There is no Boulder Creek.

Not trying to be snarky, just want to make sure people know which resort you are referencing. Best of luck to both of you to have great trips!

I think that most of the hammering and loud noise will be finished in the main Lodge building, but I don't expect the outside construction (mostly the cabins) to be completed by October. They might be, but Disney is on record as saying that construction will continue throughout 2017 and possibly into early 2018.

Just a comment since there is a lot of confusion about the two different DVC resorts on the Wilderness Lodge campus. I would use BRV as the abbreviation for Boulder Ridge Villas...when I read VBR I think Vero Beach Resort.

Along the lines of the comments above, just to clarify...you mention Boulder Creek...it is Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins. There is no Boulder Creek.

Not trying to be snarky, just want to make sure people know which resort you are referencing. Best of luck to both of you to have great trips!
yep typo got the name mixed up for sure! Boulder Ridge villas will be booked for us for 2018!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter