• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Referb

I want to rent points for BRV for end of October next year. Really like that the studios sleep 5. However, we stayed in 2019 and the 2 bedroom we stayed in was feeling pretty worn. Mattresses were not comfortable, which was sad because I've always liked Disney beds. Pull out couch wasn't all that great. Had some drain issues with the tub. It all around wasn't in the best shape, and I felt bad because my parents had paid for the points for the room. This time I will be paying, and I'd really like a remodeled room. But it is so frustrating that they keep postponing it. I can't imagine the frustration of being an owner there. I've looked at buying DVC membership at BRV, but we aren't paying direct Disney cost for rundown rooms, and really don't even want to pay resale for the rooms right now. We love BRV and WL, but dang, DVC needs to give BRV some love. And CCV is lovely, but the three sleep surfaces of the BRV studio for our family works the best.

I just stayed in 1BR BRV and I expected some rundown mess from this thread!

I thought the room looked really good. The sleeper sofa had a tag on it showing 2008 manufacture. Mattresses seemed normal Disney quality, which isn't my favorite. Chairs showing a little wear, a few scratches, nothing beyond what I expected in a normal hotel, hell even in a very nice hotel room. Plugs a little sparse, but nothing I couldn't work with, and nobody has more devices and cords than we do. There were no toiletries in the shower, but I hate Disney toiletries anyway, so no big deal to me. It had a working jacuzzi tub, which I didn't expect! Kids loved it.

We were in an accessible room, and you could clearly see the damage to baseboards from wheelchairs, like my house LOL. One segment was loose and looked bad, and one was falling off and looked really bad. This kind of thing is probably unavoidable in an accessible room, but it isn't something I have seen in Disney before. Only two chairs for the dining table, maybe that's an accessibility thing for the wider path? Otherwise, I thought this room looked great and didn't even need a refresh.

Last edited:
I want to rent points for BRV for end of October next year. Really like that the studios sleep 5. However, we stayed in 2019 and the 2 bedroom we stayed in was feeling pretty worn. Mattresses were not comfortable, which was sad because I've always liked Disney beds. Pull out couch wasn't all that great. Had some drain issues with the tub. It all around wasn't in the best shape, and I felt bad because my parents had paid for the points for the room. This time I will be paying, and I'd really like a remodeled room. But it is so frustrating that they keep postponing it. I can't imagine the frustration of being an owner there. I've looked at buying DVC membership at BRV, but we aren't paying direct Disney cost for rundown rooms, and really don't even want to pay resale for the rooms right now. We love BRV and WL, but dang, DVC needs to give BRV some love. And CCV is lovely, but the three sleep surfaces of the BRV studio for our family works the best.
Hey Ya'll! It is 2023 and we are still having this conversation. We stayed in a 2 bedroom a year and a half ago. Worn out furniture, carpet, and dishwasher leaked. I am still paying monthly dues as I have since 2001 on this resort. Not right.

Hey Ya'll! It is 2023 and we are still having this conversation. We stayed in a 2 bedroom a year and a half ago. Worn out furniture, carpet, and dishwasher leaked. I am still paying monthly dues as I have since 2001 on this resort. Not right.
Refurb slated to start in October.

So, another small crumb of hope! Today I got the new Disney Files magazine in the mail. There’s a letter at the beginning from Bill Dickerson, Senior VP at DVC. He talks about the return of Moonlight Magic, DVC challenges, yadda yadda, and then mentions resort refurbishments at OKW, SSR, Poly, and VGF, ending with this:

“And at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, completely re-imagined Boulder Ridge Villas are in the works, updating everything from furniture and flooring to appliances.”

It’s not much, but it’s at least a public acknowledgment of the refurb!

Attachments

• 47A843C4-5B7E-4CBA-B5B0-DE2567523C8B.jpeg
    47A843C4-5B7E-4CBA-B5B0-DE2567523C8B.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 21
Sheesh, I'll believe it when I see it. Let's schedule a party for when we get word the construction crew is on site.

DisBoards fiesta!!! Wilderness Lodge theme.

Sheesh, I'll believe it when I see it. Let's schedule a party for when we get word the construction crew is on site.

DisBoards fiesta!!! Wilderness Lodge theme.
They are probably already on site, just working at a different resort.

Oh the rehab will happen sometime late fall/early winter! Why? Because we are finally buying a modest resale contract at our beloved WL boulder ridge (present"only" home resort is BCV) which has an October use year- provided we pass ROFR. We will want try to get a fall or winter reservation so bet that is when there will be even more limited availability due to rehab lol! PS - does anyone have any more pictures of what the rehab MIGHT look like (especially the studios?)

Oh the rehab will happen sometime late fall/early winter! Why? Because we are finally buying a modest resale contract at our beloved WL boulder ridge (present"only" home resort is BCV) which has an October use year- provided we pass ROFR. We will want try to get a fall or winter reservation so bet that is when there will be even more limited availability due to rehab lol! PS - does anyone have any more pictures of what the rehab MIGHT look like (especially the studios?)
Fall/Winter is already a lost cause. If anything a refurb may improve your chances.

I believe BRV is basically sold out for Oct., Nov., and Dec. We rented points for the fall in November last year, and the person we rented from indicated recently we were lucky we rented early because it is basically sold out, especially for studios.

I believe BRV is basically sold out for Oct., Nov., and Dec. We rented points for the fall in November last year, and the person we rented from indicated recently we were lucky we rented early because it is basically sold out, especially for studios.
yep. I booked a 3 night stay for early October and BRV was not even an option, but I easily got CCV studio. This was just 4 days ago.

Those are months where you typically have to own there to stay there. Those are very popular with owners. That's exactly why we purchased points there.

Those are months where you typically have to own there to stay there. Those are very popular with owners. That's exactly why we purchased points there.
yes but there is Copper Creek availability so I'm thinking that maybe they've started to block off rooms for the refurb.

yes but there is Copper Creek availability so I'm thinking that maybe they've started to block off rooms for the refurb.
Oct and Nov studio availability is similar between CCV and BRV when you look at each month as a whole. Different days will be available for each. December studios are completely sold out at both resorts.

I may be giving Disney more credit that I should but...I'd be surprised if they'd schedule a refurb at one of their busiest times of the year at one of their most popular Christmas stays.

I don't think it will start until after the holidays. It just doesn't make sense to take rooms offline during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I may be giving Disney more credit that I should but...I'd be surprised if they'd schedule a refurb at one of their busiest times of the year at one of their most popular Christmas stays.

I don't think it will start until after the holidays. It just doesn't make sense to take rooms offline during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Given how long this refurb has been postponed, especially since both Poly and VGF jumped ahead of BRV and were refurbed well out of turn, I'm not sure many BRV owners would agree with you. I'm pretty sure the pitchforks are being sharpened already.

That is exactly why we ARE buying, but unfortunately since it is an October use year and we are just in process now, we can't use that advantage this year, but hope to in the future! Guess we will have to use the 2021 banked points elsewhere or in case of the 2022 even bank them into 2023 and use when our window opens! We might also try a waitlist but don't hold out much hoe of that ( thinking of a jan- march option to try for)

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter