Bought MNSSHP tickets and couldn't go :(

Momtomouselover

DIS Veteran
So, after deciding to drive 12hrs to Disney things are not going well. We cut our first day short because my son is having some kind of allergy reaction. Today it was really bad and we ended up going to the park for less than an hour. Medics came and checked him out and they helped us exit. It is possible now that we have spoke to a doctor and he is taking Benadryl that we *may* try again tomorrow to go to a park. We had party tickets for tonight and couldn't go. Any idea if we could exchange these for tomorrow. He s so sad about missing the party and not bring able to go to MK. The desk person at the hotel didnt think we could exchange them when I spoke to her in the evening and there was honestly no way we could go. I honestly just want him to feel better and half considering just checking out and driving home but *if* tomorrow is better we might stay. :(:(

ETA: I'm sure Disney has a record of this because when they call medics you get to talk to all kinds of people. They were very kind and helpful though. The medics and staff.

So, after deciding to drive 12hrs to Disney things are not going well. We cut our first day short because my son is having some kind of allergy reaction. Today it was really bad and we ended up going to the park for less than an hour. Medics came and checked him out and they helped us exit. It is possible now that we have spoke to a doctor and he is taking Benadryl that we *may* try again tomorrow to go to a park. We had party tickets for tonight and couldn't go. Any idea if we could exchange these for tomorrow. He s so sad about missing the party and not bring able to go to MK. The desk person at the hotel didnt think we could exchange them when I spoke to her in the evening and there was honestly no way we could go. I honestly just want him to feel better and half considering just checking out and driving home but *if* tomorrow is better we might stay. :(:(

ETA: I'm sure Disney has a record of this because when they call medics you get to talk to all kinds of people. They were very kind and helpful though. The medics and staff.
Oh no! How scary for you. That sounds horrible! It can't hurt to ask in the morning if you can exchange the tickets if you take the rest of the day easy with some Benadryl. Maybe just enjoy the pool?

Do you know what your son is allergic to?

You'll have to go to guest services at the MK to try to exchange them. Last year it was raining hard but they weren't cancelling the party - they still let people exchange them for a different day if they wanted. They'd rather give you a new ticket vs. giving you your money back.

I would like to think in a case like this, that they would let you swap them for another day. Explain your story. I find Disney to be very accomodating. It doesn't hurt to try. I hope your little guy is OK.

One year we came for the Xmas party and wife got sick. I called and explained and they either refunded the tickets or moved it to another day, but they did accommodate.

They will exchange for you! Keep asking until you get the right person.

Hope your son is better.

They will exchange for you! Keep asking until you get the right person.

Yes and you shouldn't have to ask around too much. We managed to alter dates last year and didn't have a good reason like you did. We had no trouble at all, and in fact we went to the concierge at our resort and had it done there. Are you staying onsite? Just thinking every little extra trip you can save yourselves right now would help.

How is the little guy doing today? I hope he's feeling better pixiedust:

Thanks guys. I'll try concierge first. Actually, I'm waiting to he wakes to see how he feels since it wasn't the best night. He has a rash mostly on his neck , face, and upper chest/back with moments of extreme itching and then the itching stops. The rash is fading but he was still uncomfortable during the night. Benadryl is not helping that much and the sun and heat really aggravated it. His eyes or around his eyes got rd and swelled some yesterday so that is why I saw the medics. Blood pressure was normal though, no fever, and no signs of a severe shock like reaction (my initial concern).

He is just so sad. Partly because he is missing out and it is such a short trip and the other part because he feels bad.

Hope today brings good news. So hard to see him suffer and also to come all this way and spend the money but be unable to enjoy ourselves. Of course the money is second...I just need him to be ok :(

I hope he feels better. Did they figure out what triggered the reaction?

Yes, we think so. I hate to say it aloud but I guess these things happen when you're young and like to share. He had lice. I noticed the day we came back early from the park (day 1). We treated him with medicated shampoo, did the whole combinb bit and notified the hotel and they changed all our linens (sheets, spread, towels) plus vacuumed. However the severe itching (comes on for a minute or two, three then fades) continued and the rash developed. So, the thought was either an allergy to the lice themselves and/or the treatment. Now you have the whole story :/

Yes, we think so. I hate to say it aloud but I guess these things happen when you're young and like to share. He had lice. I noticed the day we came back early from the park (day 1). We treated him with medicated shampoo, did the whole combinb bit and notified the hotel and they changed all our linens (sheets, spread, towels) plus vacuumed. However the severe itching (comes on for a minute or two, three then fades) continued and the rash developed. So, the thought was either an allergy to the lice themselves and/or the treatment. Now you have the whole story :/

Oh no!!!
That's even worse!!!
Where are you guys staying?

Did you get extra sheets to change again?
I heard you will have to do that daily with lice... :headache:

get Licefreee! Shampoo and spray..they are chemical and pesticide free...my son has bad eczema and it did not harm his skin back when we had to use it. Got mine at walgreens.
Hope he feels better soon!

I would ask another CM about exchanging your tickets. Explain that your son was checked on by the medics and that you had to leave due to medical issues. They should let you exchange your tickets.

My Aunt fell ill on our last trip just after we had entered the AK. She was transported to the hospital and my Mom, Dad and Uncle left with her. Disney gave them all one day passes to come back anytime since they had missed their day. You just have to find a CM who is willing to give a little extra pixie dust :)

So sorry for you guys and I really hope your son is feeling better very soon - allergies are such a pain :sad2: This has just made me think to pack my emergency steroids for our next trip.

:flower3:

Make sure you get a good metal comb and comb through with conditioner at least an hour a day. The treatment doesn't kill the eggs - only makes them harder to remove. Looks like he is allergic to the shampoo. If there is a next time, just comb. Lice is easy to comb out - nits are not.

Lice happens. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. Your son's teacher will want to know so the other kids in his class can be checked.

His reaction sounds like it's from the insecticidal poison in the lice shampoo. He had the lice for a long time if you actually saw some so it wasn't them that was bothering him. The sad thing is that most lice shampoo doesn't even work because the lice have become resistant to the insecticide in it :(.

Here is something I wrote a few years ago on the subject. The "Lice Program" website is a little strange, but the information is good.

My DD had lice a couple times and shared them with me once :rolleyes1.

The first time she had lice we did the Rid treatment and the lice laughed at us. OK ... maybe not laughed but it didn't slow them down much. After 2-3 RID treatments and literal nit picking for nearly 2 months we STILL had lice I knew I had to try something else.

I *swear* by this method called "The Lice Program":
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/thel...ram/index.html

It works great if your school does not have a "no nit" policy because it doesn't bother with nits. It removes live lice when they are big enough to remove. First the egg layers and then the juveniles as they hatch and grow. I admit that I was originally grossed out by this program because (1) at 21-days it took too long and (2) it left lice (nymphs) in the hair and I wanted those lice out NOW. But ... after my failure at more traditional methods I had nothing to lose in trying it.

After 21 days the lice were gone. I was mad that I wasted 2 months trying to poison them and dousing them in olive oil to no avail. When my DD came home a second time with lice, I went right to this program and they were gone in 3 weeks and she never missed a day of school.

There are two things that I really like about the program. The first is that I don't have to expose my family to chemicals and toxic poisons. The second is that there are rest days built into the program to allow the lice to grow big enough to comb out. Combing for lice is mentally draining on both the parent and the child when there seems to be no end in sight and I found the breaks to be a blessing.

I also have tips on combing ... first off I used one of the narrow teeth combs available at Walgreens with the little magnifier in it. That way I could make sure I was getting a little bugger and not something else. I also would have my DD wash her hair and leave conditioner in it for combing. The lice can't move easily through wet hair and the conditioner made it easy for me to comb. When combing was done she would rinse the conditioner out. ETA: I would section off her hair with metal hair clips (the kind that stylists use) and then everything went into a daily bath of water with a tablespoon of bleach in it.

FWIW, if you are picking nits any "nits" more than an inch from the scalp as really empty egg sacks and you're wasting time and energy unless your school has a no-nit policy.

I was there an asked to exchange tickets you have to do it AT magic kingdom At guest relations BEFORE party time. So try to do it before 4 pm the day your tickets are and switch them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lavender from a health store kills them. And definitely metal comb.

And no need to be embarrassed. Lice go for clean heads. Means your child is clean!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The poor baby! I'm so sorry this happened to your son, and on a trip to Disney no less. I definitely think you'll get the dates swapped on the tickets, just explain and state you're not looking for money back, you just want to go on a different day when you're able to.

I read something that said tonight's party is sold out. I'd still try to exchange if you are up to it, but just wanted to warn you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter