Bought an annual pass just before new benefits announced...anything I can do?

wdwfreak

Mouseketeer
Good afternoon all! I purchased an annual pass mid September. Just after I bought it Disney announced new benefits for anyone purchasing an annual pass after October 2nd including 13 months of addmission. Is there anything I can do to cancel the current purchase and re-buy to take advantage of the new benefits? Any help or advise is appreciated. Thank you!

Unfortunately no. Ive seen several people that had the same happen to them and all have been told no by WDW via email, phone and in person. You could get lucky I guess if you tried to contact them but I wouldnt count on it.

There's an option if you're willing to tie up some cash for a while. Take the one you just bought - presumably not activated - and put it away in a safe place. Then buy a new pass with the current promotion.
Sometime in the future, you'll probably want another pass. It's waiting for you in your drawer, where you safely put the one you recently bought. If the certificate is still fully valid, your annual pass is ready to go, and now there's no 13-month promotion that you're losing out on. If its past its validity date, it's still worth the money you paid for it - and can, I think, be used as credit toward any WDW ticket, including regular MYW tickets.
Yes, it means you have to buy one of your passes way in advance and tie up the cash. Not ideal, but it's an option.

I noticed in your vacation list that you didn't have a sept 2016 trip and it looks like jan 2017 your going to be activating that pass? People activating passes after the promotion started have reported getting 13 months even when they bought them much earlier before the promotion, any chance your trip is before that cutoff date?

Unfortunately no. Ive seen several people that had the same happen to them and all have been told no by WDW via email, phone and in person. You could get lucky I guess if you tried to contact them but I wouldnt count on it.

Would you happen to know if the people you mentioned had already activated/used pass at least 1x before the Oct promo started or just purchased voucher only? As another poster here mentioned, it may be the activation that makes the difference.

Would you happen to know if the people you mentioned had already activated/used pass at least 1x before the Oct promo started or just purchased voucher only? As another poster here mentioned, it may be the activation that makes the difference.

in another thread here a castmember has said they were trained to make it 13 months at the time of activation (when your renewal date is set). other have also said they activated it after the promo started and did indeed get it. nobody has mentioned having it activated prior and getting 13 months except for those who paid their renewal fee in person after the promo started.

I'm falling into the later where I renewed but I didn't do it in person and now working on disney for how is this fair.

I just called ticketing and they fixed ours to the 13 month expiration. We bought and activated ours the afternoon of October 1st! The agent told me they were able to go back to July to fix these to the 13 month expiration.

May I ask what number you called? I activated mine in August when my daughter checked into the DCP so would love to have it valid until September so we can squeeze in one more trip.

407-566-4985 option 5. wait time last night was "more than 2 hours". This morning at 9 eastern it was "more than 25 minutes" and turned out to be around 45 minutes. They initially told me my next visit, guest relations could fix it at the park. I told her my next visit wasn't until next summer and she said, let me see what I can do.

Thank you! I will give them a call as I figure it can't hurt to ask! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter