• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bought a second resale contract...can I do this??????

annster31

Earning My Ears
I am a dvc owner and have 2 upcoming resv one in sept (3nights) and one in oct (4nights) at the Poly (first time). I have no more points for 2015, 2016. Just closed on a 100 pt resale contract that has 26 banked points that expire Dec 2015. I made my full price offer Feb 10th and just closed yesterday, so I still have sometime before the points are in my account. We are looking for a weekend resv in the begining of Dec 2015. When the banked points are mine can I call member services and ask them to use those 26 banked points in my sept resv I already have so it frees up 26 points that I can use on the Dec2015 weekend trip? thank you

I am a dvc owner and have 2 upcoming resv one in sept (3nights) and one in oct (4nights) at the Poly (first time). I have no more points for 2015, 2016. Just closed on a 100 pt resale contract that has 26 banked points that expire Dec 2015. I made my full price offer Feb 10th and just closed yesterday, so I still have sometime before the points are in my account. We are looking for a weekend resv in the begining of Dec 2015. When the banked points are mine can I call member services and ask them to use those 26 banked points in my sept resv I already have so it frees up 26 points that I can use on the Dec2015 weekend trip? thank you

Maybe.

If there is still availability remaining for the exact same thing you reserved for your Sept trip, then yes, MS can used the banked points from the resale contract and free up the points you originally used.

If there is not availability, then it will depend on when you made the Sept reservation. If you booked during the home resort priority period, then no, MS will not substitute the new resale points for the ones you originally used UNLESS the new resale contract is for the same home resort.

If you originally made the Sept reservation after its 7 month window opened, it's really up to the discretion of MS if there is no current availability. In my experience, most CMs will allow substitutions in those cases.

Give MS a call, explain what you want and see what happens. Good luck!

I am a little confused about why you would want to do what you are asking. Are the points you are receiving Dec UY points and expire at the end of Nov? There are no Jan UY points so no points would expire in Dec.

I am a little confused about why you would want to do what you are a'm pretty sure the OP meant that the points expire 12/1/2015sking. Are the points you are receiving Dec UY points and expire at the end of Nov? There are no Jan UY points so no points would expire in Dec.

I'm pretty sure the OP meant that the points expire 12/1/2015. The last night that can be paid for with banked 2013 December use year points is 11/30/2015.

The OP just bought a resale contract that comes with banked points from that expire on 12/01/2015. She would like to use those banked points for a September 2015 reservation that she already has. I assumed that she used current use year points to make the September reservation. Since she has a December use year, the current use year for her would be 2014.

If she can use the banked points for the September reservation, 26 current use year points would be returned to her account. She can bank those (if she does so before the end of July 2015) and use them to make the December 2015 reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter