• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bought 1st AP's!!

momtotwoteens

OIB for me!
After much thought I finally decided to go for it. We have an 8 hour drive, so I'm not sure how many trips we'll make. I know for sure of three trips we'll make and I did the math and they will more than pay for themselves. We'll see how this goes. I'm excited, though! I bought them this evening and booked a room at WL with the discount. I've wanted to stay there forever. :goodvibes

Congrats on your new AP! I love mine and now that I have it (and a bunch of free flights from work travel) I am finding that I am able to take smaller trips in between my usual 1-2 larger Disney trips per year!

My guess is that you will make good use of it. And even if it is only a break even type thing, if you are like me you will still think it was worth it.

We are DVC members and have AP's. Many of our friends have beach houses, and to us THIS is our beach house. In other words, this is our happy place.

Congrats on your new AP! I love mine and now that I have it (and a bunch of free flights from work travel) I am finding that I am able to take smaller trips in between my usual 1-2 larger Disney trips per year!

First, love your handle...that's just too cool, very unique.

Second, my Family and I have found the same thing.

OP, one thing you can do to help save enough money to pay for your AP is to watch out on Ebay for deals....that is IF you have a flexible schedule. The 10% off works at less places than it does BUT 10% is 10% so be sure to ask everytime you have to pay for something.

Congrats!! We are DVC members, live 12 hours from WDW and have had APs now for two years. We went three times last year and plan on going twice a year. That will definitely cover the cost of them. Happy vacationing!

First, love your handle...that's just too cool, very unique.

Second, my Family and I have found the same thing.

OP, one thing you can do to help save enough money to pay for your AP is to watch out on Ebay for deals....that is IF you have a flexible schedule. The 10% off works at less places than it does BUT 10% is 10% so be sure to ask everytime you have to pay for something.

Thank you Andy! How nice of you! Maybe you belong in the city of brotherly love too :goodvibes

We are 10 hours away and just got our first AP's also. Just came home from a 5 day trip and already planning at least 2-3 more. Would like a couple weekenders also but not sure if its gonna happen.

We purchased ours in April 2012 and will get 4 trips in by April 2013. We’ve paid for the APs on the second trip! We live in Arizona, so it’s not a matter of a car ride, it’s a 4-5 hour flight. Miles and $99 companion certificates have been a big help.

I’d also suggest looking into the Tables in Wonderland card for the 20% OFF all sit down and some QS meals. We’ve saved hundreds of dollars and the TIW card is much more compatible to the way we dine than a dining plan. We also got the Disney Visa and have accrued over $600 in rewards this year in addition to the $200 gift card they offered for signing up. Free money is nice.

We are less than 100 days from our next vacation with the added bonus of a cruise on the Dream.

Mike

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4 ½ ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site meeting), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

After much thought I finally decided to go for it. We have an 8 hour drive, so I'm not sure how many trips we'll make. I know for sure of three trips we'll make and I did the math and they will more than pay for themselves. We'll see how this goes. I'm excited, though! I bought them this evening and booked a room at WL with the discount. I've wanted to stay there forever. :goodvibes

:cool1:

We live in PA and go twice each year, April/October, with a very random long weekend thrown in every now and again when my weekend off (I'm a nursing supervisor) coincides with my holiday off (either Memorial Day or 4th of July) if it falls on a Monday or Tuesday.

So, we typically only use our AP's 2x each year but if we're lucky enough we get that 3rd visit in. And the purchase of our AP's has been such a fantastic money saver! I purchased my first in 2007, well before baby, as my best friend had moved to Orlando and we went to Disney at least 5x a year. I purchased DD's first one last April.

The discounts are fantastic and so is the fact that when planning/booking our vacations I don't have to budget in ticket prices (unless it's time to renew).

congrats! We will buying our first ones in June. Right now we have a long trip planned in June (14 nights), a shorter one at Christmas, and I am *hoping* to squeeze a spring mini in there. Unfortunately, school won't get out in time for us to use these again, so we will have to settle for three trips.

We are getting our first APs in May. We have a 14 day trip planned right now using the Spring promo but hoping for a better AP rate to come out as we get closer. We also have 10 days planned for September. Even if that is all we do the APs will be worth it but I am hoping to squeeze in some small trips since we are just 7 hours away.

We also plan to do TiW as that will be a savings for us.

DVC members here too, AP is great because you get a 10% discount on merchandise EVERYWHERE at the world and food at many venues. Breakeven point is about 10 days at the world.

If you like pins there are pins which only AP holders can buy.

Thanks for all the replies. We had a wonderful time and I'm now spoiled by staying at the WL. I LOVED the boat to the MK and the weather was perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better 25th wedding anniversary trip. And it was pretty cool seeing all the marathon runners at EPCOT Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter