Bottles of Wine

zippy99

DIS Veteran
My hubby and I like to have a glass of wine of an evening - especially as we go the first 2 weeks of Sept and will watch some of Tennis in the evening when the children go to sleep.

How much does a bottle of wine cost from the food courts or is there a cheaper alternative. We are not driving in Disney so cannot visit shops off-site as easily?

Any ideas?

where are you staying?
there is a hess petrol station opposite DTD which i've heard has reasonable prices for alcohol. there is also one near the boardwalk, and near the TTC at the MK

We are staying at POFQ so very close to DTD.

I don't want to sound like a crazed alcoholic but we are fond of a glass and quite use to nipping on ferry in England and going to France to stock up or buying the latest 3 for £10 offer at Tesco's!

Whilst we may not get bargains of that scale in the US, it would be nice to know we can get some wine slightly less than resort prices. Any idea's what the going rate is for a bottle of wine from a store?

we got 4 of those small bottles gallio? DW drink, for $7.50 from the hess garage they doo a nice mix of wines.they have large bottles from around $8.00.
Quick tip make sure its in a bag if using the disney bus as they wont let you on if not
Quick tip if visiting DTD in evening just walk over before heading back and have a disney carer bag in your pocket
Paul

You could pick some up in the duty free shop at the airport before you fly;)
I'm sure the airlines are used to folks taking a couple of bottles of domestic wine over the pond and they often have screw tops on them these days so no need for a bottle opener.

We are staying at POFQ so very close to DTD.

I don't want to sound like a crazed alcoholic but we are fond of a glass and quite use to nipping on ferry in England and going to France to stock up or buying the latest 3 for £10 offer at Tesco's!

Whilst we may not get bargains of that scale in the US, it would be nice to know we can get some wine slightly less than resort prices. Any idea's what the going rate is for a bottle of wine from a store?

I am exactly the same! Off to France again a couple of weeks :goodvibes
I always pop to crossroads - they have a supermarket there called Goodings which is quite decent prices. If you get on a bus to DTD its a quite nice 15 minute walk to Crossroads. We usually make an evening off it - have something to eat, game of crazy golf, pick up some wine and get a taxi back. We usually stay at Port Orleans too and its not much in a taxi one way.

Wines really cheap in the supermarkets and you will be amazed at the size of the flagons (yes, flagons) you can buy

I am exactly the same! Off to France again a couple of weeks :goodvibes
I always pop to crossroads - they have a supermarket there called Goodings which is quite decent prices. If you get on a bus to DTD its a quite nice 15 minute walk to Crossroads. We usually make an evening off it - have something to eat, game of crazy golf, pick up some wine and get a taxi back. We usually stay at Port Orleans too and its not much in a taxi one way.

we did same when we eat at TGI`s but for the beer and wine and pops goodings was dearer then the hess garage
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter