• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bottles/formula/diapers/wipes/etc- places to buy on property?

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
I just packed the babies' suitcase for our upcoming trip. It occurred to me, that although we have never had an airline (or ME) lose a bag, this would be the one they would lose. Thats just how luck works right? So I am looking for a emergency backup type situation. Can all basic baby items be purchased on property? We will not have a car. I figure we can purchase everything from amazon, but we wouldn't have it instantly and with two adults and two infants, we only have enough carryon space for a single day worth of items.

When are you going? When I traveled there with an infant, I just had those items delivered by a grocery delivery service. I know the baby centers in the parks carry these things; but in small quantities and they are quite pricey. I see you have twins. I think you'd have to leave property to get a decent quantity of these items; but the resorts have taxis ready and waiting one adult could take to make a run to the store. I think the nearest one is just outside downtown Disney.

I traveled alone with my children so that was the main reason I had the items delivered. Not enough hands to carry everything from home.

The second most important packing tip: Do not ever pack one person's things in one bag. Spread each person's things out among all of the bags.

Yes, you can buy everything on property. You will pay a small fortune.

You could also mail a box down instead of packing them or just have them delivered.

Thats good to know that we can get stuff in a pinch in an emergency.
We already have a garden grocer order in, but its for wipes (because they are heavy) and water (we use powdered formula and distilled water) and snacks for the grownups. I didn't buy formula or diapers since we buy in bulk from costco and its just cheaper to bring them (flying southwest so bags are free). I am just a worry wart and have to have a contingency plan in case of dire emergency! lol

Meds are the hardest to get. But I've heard there's a local pharmacy in Celebration that delivers. Trying to get infant/baby Tylenol is the hardest, IMO.

I'd consider having Costco ship a box of diapers down there if you're staying for long enough. And always pack extras on the carry on in case something happens to your luggages.

to OP as someone else said never pack one bag for each person, in every case have some for everyone. in that way you should have enough to cover you until lost case catches up with you

I had a sick kid on my trip last week so bought wipes and hand sanitizer from the hotel gift shop. The tiny bottle of hand sanitizer was like $3 and the tiny pack of wipes was maybe $2. So you can get everything, but in small sizes and for a lot of $$!!

Last time we went we got diapers/wipes etc delivered directly to the hotel through amazon and they were there waiting for us. Garden grocer delivers baby items, but there's also a service called "we go shop" that can go pick up anything at any store you tell them, which is handy if you want a specific brand of diapers/formula. They can deliver on the same day. Their delivery fee is a little high, but I think it will still be cheaper than buying at the baby-centers

http://www.wegoshop.com/location15.html

My babies were on formula too so I made sure to pack a brand new container in my carry on. I know that everything else I could get at the gift shop if needed, but they were on a sensitive formula so I wanted ensure I had enough on me to last a few days if needed.

All the parks have a child care centers the one at magic kingdom is next to first aid on main street. they have everything you need there. there is a walmart off site also

I always have diapers, wipes, and formula delivered to my hotel. It is just easier to me. We didn't take enough wipes to the park one day, and it was $2 for 8 wipes. Yes, you can get them, but it will cost you.

I also ran out of formula on this last trip. I'm not sure how this happened, but it did. Disney only sells Carnation GoodStart formula, which as it turns out, my baby won't drink. After spending 3.99 for one 8oz bottle of formula, I took a $40.00 cab ride to Walgreens to buy $20 worth of formula for our last few days.

Also, keep in mind that the grocery delivery services require advance notice. Garden Grocer needs several days, and WeGoShop will deliver the next day, but they charge a hefty fee. I think it was $35. Since it was almost the same cost as the cab ride, I opted to take the taxi.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter