Bottled water?

Auercat

Dark Lord of The Sith
Do they sell bottled water on the ship? We live in CA and never drink tap water.

Thanks!

They do. DCL sells the Evian brand by the bottle or by the case. You can buy these at bars, at tables set up before you disembark at the ports, and from room service.

But, you might want to give the regular ship water a chance. It's filtered through the ship's system and is of excellent quality. Better than the Evian, I think. :)

We brought a bottle of water for each of us in our carryon and refilled it on the ship to carry with us on excursions.

I'm in California too, but drink tap water. Bottled water always tastes like the plastic bottle to me. But the bottles are handy to carry around.

They also sell them as you get off the ship in port. They were selling the water in a soft sided cooler with the DCL logo filled with ice for $20. And I belive that you got 5 bottles of water. I know for sure that they were doing this at Castaway Cay, but can't remember about Nassau or any of the other stops.

I cannot stand tap water.....and I won't drink tap water in the cabins, but the water from the drink station on Deck 9 is really good!!! Great fresh tasting water!!! I personally would not bother lugging water onboard but if you must have bottled than the ordering a case onboard is a good idea.

We recently returned from WDW and are going on DCL in May 2006. We had the same concerns so we bought 2 Brita sports bottles (they have little filters in the screw on top) and used tap water in these. They were great and only $7 each (Walmart). Definitely worth the investment! :banana:

If you really like bottled water you can save some money by buying a case of 1-liter bottles at Costco or Sam's Club and distributing them in your checked luggage. Cost for 15 bottles is about $6--much cheaper than purchasing on board.

The water on the ship is perfectly safe to drink, including the tap water in your statroom, although some think the taste is not as good as what they are used to at home. The water at the drink station on Deck 9 aft is specially filtered for taste as well, so if you want the best-tasting drinking water on the ship, use the drink station. It's free.

On our last cruise, we took several bottles of water from home, then refilled the empties at the drink station as we drank them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter