• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bottled Water

Spikekc1

Mouseketeer
Hi. I know this has been discussed here but I cannot seem to find the topic through the "search" feature.

Normally, I don't drink bottled water . . .too much waste. But I am considering carrying bottled water into the parks. I have read about having water delivered to your WDW hotel room. Is this practical? Where do you order the water from?

Thanks for your input!

An option I always use, instead of spending $$, toting through the park, etc...most counter service locations have to provide a free cup of ice water (tap) if you ask for it, no purchase neccessary. And it's not some little cup, it's the regular soda size. Some locations don't have it, but most do. You have to wait in the line, but I've never ran into a problem. It's free, cold, and easier than bottled. Just a suggestion. :D

we use gardengrocer.com and their prices are very reasonable. We use a small, soft side cooler and either keep it with us or put it in a locker. We've saved quite a bit of $$ using this service!

I've heard about CVS, but have never done it.IMHO it is worth it because otherwise you either end up paying $3 each OR you buy a refillable and fill it with sulfer water OR you end up getting headaches from dehydration (if you only drink sodas, etc). I will say though, the last time I was there I refilled my bottle at the drink station and the water was filtered, so maybe that's not such a bad option! If you have a car, there is a Walmart not too farr away and you can get a case of water for $2 (12).

We have had water delivered to our resort by Costco in the past - you get a case of 24 for about $8, including shipping. However, now I have heard that Disney's convention-center resorts charge you $10 if you receive a package there, and then there was a big thread about Costco canceling orders that are shipped to hotels. People seem to have varying experiences - some have no trouble.

But it got me thinking about how silly it was for us to be ordering waters and making all that waste when we could just bring a water bottle with a filter in it and refill at the drinking fountains or use a regular reusable bottle at counter-service locations.

So I think we're going to try that for our next trip. One thing we won't be doing is buying it from Disney, though... :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter