Bottled Water vs. Soft Drinks

ContempRocksmySocks

Earning My Ears
I was wondering my family and I are big water drinkers and most restaurants we go to we all order water (which is good too because it cuts down on costs ! ) I have been checking out the menus for some sit down places we will be going to and noticed that under beverages they say 'bottled water' and it is really pricey one place it was $3.25! So I was wondering if you order water at sit downs does it have to be bottled? If this is the case it would be cheaper to just order soft drinks. Are soft drinks free refills? Let me know what you all think!! ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

No, you don't need to order bottled water, we usually drink water, too...just don;t care for a lot of sugary soft drinks. Just ask for water and they will bring you the standard glass of iced tap water, no charge. You can also ask for a glass of water when you eat at counter service areas and they'll give you a small cup of iced water free.

ContempRocksmySocks said:
I was wondering my family and I are big water drinkers and most restaurants we go to we all order water (which is good too because it cuts down on costs ! ) I have been checking out the menus for some sit down places we will be going to and noticed that under beverages they say 'bottled water' and it is really pricey one place it was $3.25! So I was wondering if you order water at sit downs does it have to be bottled? If this is the case it would be cheaper to just order soft drinks. Are soft drinks free refills? Let me know what you all think!! ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

You can order regular tap water but it tastes kind of funny to me. I learned a tip from a fellow DIS'er and bring little packets of lemonade mix and put a little in my ice water to get rid of the weird taste. I do that at the parks and restaurants and it gives it a refreshing flavor just don't use too much. Drinking soda in the hot sun is no good for you and it's too expensive, plus some places don't offer free refills on it anyway. If you can, try and see if they will bring you some lemon wedges to your table that works fine in your water also. I hope this helps because it seems to work for me.

We were fine with all the tap water in resturants. I think that it must be filtered. I can not drink the water fountain water nor the water in WDW resorts. I really enjoy a glass of water with lemmon and then add a pack of spenda or other non sugar sweetner. Light re-freshing and FREE.

Jordans' mom

Don't forget to get the brita water bottles. They take the icky taste out of the water and keep the water cold. There are tons of really cold water fountains around WDW. We got this tip from a fellow diser and saved tons of money on drinks!

the water in the parks are not drinkable...and quite honestly, the hotel water is really not all that much better. I like water as well. not much of a soda drinker these days.'

brita water bottles the way to go..at least it filters some of it.
and of course, bring your own case of water, freeze it the night before and it will be good for you the next day

helps us save on costs

I usually buy 2 cases of it before I check into hotel and carry it around with me the whole time. my kids love soda and so does DH so it is just me

The bottled water is more expensive than the soft drinks, as the soft drinks in the restaurants come from dispensers. The tap water at WDW doesn't taste very good, so if you do order it, make sure to ask for plenty of lemon to help disguise the taste.

If you take your own water, as others have suggested, make sure to take some to accompany your meals, if you don't want to order it with dinner. If you walk in with the open bottle, they won't say anything to you in any of the park restaurants. We have bought many a drink while waiting for our table, whether it was alcoholic, soda or water and taken it to our tables with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter