Bottlecap jewelry?

TidoubleGerrr

Waiting for my pixie dust
Hi Everyone. New to the Arts and Crafts thread...but becoming a regular on Dis I think! :rotfl:
I just bought some bottlecaps on ebay decorated with tink in a pirate costume....I have no idea what to do with them. I see some pretty things on here but don't know where to start. I got a set of three.
Tink is going to be giving my DD7 gifts each night at our first WDW trip in DEc and the big one is a Pirate Cruise and I was going to leave a pirate treasure box and put these in it....the jewelry I make with these.
Any suggestions?

Necklace, Bracelet and maybe a pin? or 2 necklaces and a bracelet and 1 necklace and 2 bracelets???

Bottlecaps are sooo easy to work with , so let me know if you need any help!! :hug: :yay: welcome aboard!!

Necklace, Bracelet and maybe a pin? or 2 necklaces and a bracelet and 1 necklace and 2 bracelets???

Bottlecaps are sooo easy to work with , so let me know if you need any help!! :hug: :yay: welcome aboard!!

Thanks! Is there a link to somewhere you may know of that may tell me how to punch a hole in it and good stuff like that? I'm pretty crafty but haven't ever used metal...

Super easy, just use a drill. Make sure you have a metal drill bit in it, so you don't ruin anything. I use my DHs drill (I actually think I use it way more than him!!). You just line it up where you want the hole and then drill all the way through. Make sure that you drill on the outer part of the cap NOT where the picture is. You will need Jump Rings too, to attach to ther est of the necklace or whatever you will be making. Next time, it will be easier to drill the holes where you want them before attaching the pictures, that way you just have to line up the stickers :) ALOT easier that way!

Hey michelle how do you dull the edges of the bottle cap? themy seem kind of sharp to me?

really? Mine are always real rounded. You can try sanding them down with a metal nail file, but I have never had to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter