Bottle sterilizing

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
I am going to WDW in May with my DD who will be 5 months old at the time. She is bottle fed (formula). What do you do for sterilizing bottles while in WDW? Thanks

Why do you have to sterilize her bottles? Is she immune compromised in some way? You can always buy a portable bottle sterilizer. Otherwise, just wash them in the sink.

We just washed them in the sink. I did bring a bottle brush to make it easier but we were staying in a dvc room so we have dish soap

I am considering buying a portable sterilizer....but haven't decided yet

Im having trouble pasting the one I'm considering...if I don't get it if just wash by hand.

I wouldn't bother with a sterilizer for a 5 month old at home so I definitely wouldn't bother with it on vacation. Soap and water is fine. By that age their environment is far from sterile as they touch things and then put hands in their mouths.

I agree with the others, just wash them in the sink. The only time I ever sterilized bottles was when they were brand new. That's the only time my pediatrician said I should sterilize them. In fact, when I asked if I needed to sterilize bottles every day, his comment was, "Do you sterilize *your* dishes and silverware every day?" While I never traveled to Disney World with an infant, we did travel other places when our kids were infants. I just packed a bottle brush and a small bottle of dish washing liquid and washed them in the sink of the hotel room.

We used disposable bottles on our trip. They are calle steribottles. They sell them r babies r us and Amazon. A box of 20 is around $20. They are one time use bottles - use then throw away. My son had no problem adjusting to them either. You could always get a box to try before your trip. They were a life saver - nothing to wash or bring home!

We used disposable bottles on our trip. They are calle steribottles. They sell them r babies r us and Amazon. A box of 20 is around $20. They are one time use bottles - use then throw away. My son had no problem adjusting to them either. You could always get a box to try before your trip. They were a life saver - nothing to wash or bring home!
THIS....so worth the cost.

We always just washed bottles in hot, soapy water. The only time I ever sterilized at bottle was when they came out of the packaging. I wouldn't worry at all about sterilizing bottles.

Disposable bottles sound like a good option, otherwise I'm with bluesy. I only ever sterilized brand new bottles/pacifiers.

We used the bottles with the disposable liners (Playtex drop ins) & washed the nipples in the sink.

I have 4 dc and have never sterilized a bottle. We went to WDW when #4 was 7mo-I washed bottles in the sink.

I am going to WDW in May with my DD who will be 5 months old at the time. She is bottle fed (formula). What do you do for sterilizing bottles while in WDW? Thanks

I brought a small tupperware container with a bottle brush that stores bottle soap in the handle (like this one), and brought this collapsible bottle rack to hang them to dry on. The collapsed rack and the bottle brush both fit inside the tupperware container for easy packing. The tupperware container was used to hold water while cleaning.

I was pumping for DD at the time, exclusively, so I did need to sterilize pump parts every night. our hotel had a microwave (shades of green) in the laundry area, so DH took the pump parts down to the microwave every night and used these Medela Sterilizer Bags to sterilize the parts. They can be used for bottles as well as pump parts - we have done that before. Each bag can be used 20 times before it has to be replaced.

I am a freak about sterilizing baby bottles. I know my child is not immune compromised and doesn't "need" this, but it is something, that has always made me feel better, and is easy too. I don't like the idea of even me, drinking from a a cup rinsed with soap and water from a hotel sink-especially after several days. The water just isn't hot enough for me. With my first child I bought a Munchkin sterilizer. I have used it in quite a few different hotels- it has often been a tight squeeze and I often have to take the piece of glass out of the microwave. I have basically used this item for 3 years straight, My baby still takes one bottle per day and I also use the sterilizer for the sippy cup valves. It is probably the baby item, i've most used besides the breast pump. Anyways, I used it for pacifiers, bottle pieces/nipples, breast pump flanges/parts, bottles...I could stuff it with lots of stuff. I also would sometimes bring a drying dish mat or use the hotel towel to lay everything out on to drive afterwards. I would also bring empty big gallon ziplock bags, and sometimes a rubbermaid container as well. At home, I preferred to use the sterilizer to the dishwasher, because I didn't want to wait till end of day to have a full load, and it was very simple. If I were you, i'd probably get the Medela bags the previous poster mentioned, since your baby is 5 months old, and you don't use one already, and can use each bag several times.

Last edited:
We just use soap and water from the sink. But if that isn't your thing you could buy the ready to drink formula in 8 oz bottles (similac is one brand I can think of). Might get expensive but it is an option.

We took our gigantic bottle sterilizer with us lol...we drive to Disney from nj though so it would be easier to bring the things I wanted like the sterilizer. If we had to fly I don't think I could of brought it.

Thanks for all your answers...this is my first child and this is all new to me. I am also going to Dominican Republic with her when she is 9 months and I am more worried about washing her bottles in the sink, so the disposable bottles will be a great option while I am down there. I think in WDW I would be more open to just using soap and water to wash her bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter