Bottle Caps -Please help me,I am having a brain cramp

tammy/mom of two

Earning My Ears
O.K. you guys, if you look below I tried to figure this out before without any luck :confused3 . I have gone to twopeas and done as piratesmate suggested and can not figure out how to e-mail the maker to ask for help. :confused: Does anyone have a link with directions on how to make the bottle caps. I know I need the blank caps and then I need addhesive (see I am this far) but how do you get those little pictures, are they paper pieced, are they clip art how do you make them shiney ect...ect...ect.. Please help me! :goodvibes

ok, i don't know if i can help or not, but i have a lo below that has a bottle cap...

pg.asp

or this one...

pg.asp

both of those caps are bought that way....i don't know what caps you are refering to, or what you want to do...

if i were making one, this is what i would do...

paint/emboss the cap the color that you need it...get a picture or image and either punch out (or cut) the circle the size or a little smaller than the cap. adhere the pic on the top of the cap, and either use a page pebble (clear epoxy sticker) on top or some type of crystal glaze on top...that way it will be shiny and raised.

oops, and don't forget to adhere it with a very thick pop dot...you might even have to use a couple to get the thickness of the bottle cap.

also, if you don't want it quite as thick, you can flatten out the bottle cap by either wacking it with a mallet, or i've heard you can do it in a sizzix machine...just make sure you are doing it teeth side up, flat side down...otherwise, you'll flatten your cap into the white cutting mat of the sizzix machine.

I love bottle caps myself. personally, I wack the heck out of them so that they are pretty flat and then use the 1 inch circle punch I have (although it occurs to me that I could probably use the qk bottle cap die set I have) and punch out the clip art I want to use. I then glue the clip art to the inside of the bottle cap and use paper glaze on top of that to make it all shiny. Also, if you have a brewing company near you, ask them for bottle caps. (you can't use the ones you take off bottles yourself if you are flattening them cause they don't flatten well.) hope that made sense. :) maggie

I've been flattening mine so they lay better in my book. I take a rubber mallet type hammer and place a quarter under (in) the bottlecap when hitting. I think this helps them to keep their shape.

OK it is beginning to get a little clearer. So those sweet little pictures are clip art? That does'nt sound to formidable, I should be able to do that.
I would happily take any other suggeations out there. Oh does the glaze make the ink run on the clip art? :goodvibes :goodvibes

Tammy, I sent you a private message explaining how to use 2peas. I hope this will help you reach the creators of the bottle caps you like.
Deb

Bottle Caps are great. I love using them in my Disney Scrapbooks and for other projects. I don't know how to make them but I have bought quite a few on ebay. There are a couple of sellers but I have been most pleased with the ones I bought from "Disneyscrapping" (I think I have that right) She has a lot of different themes and characters. Anyway you might try emailing her or some of the other sellers on ebay and see if they can give you any tips. I did a google search but didn't have much luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter