• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Both parks one day?

tigerfanrob

Father of the craziest kids to ever enter Disney W
Is this possible? My girlfriend and I are headed to Universal on a Thursday, Sept. 10. We had originally alloted two days to the park, but I have since been given free Disney passes for one day, so we are going to try and hit Universal/IOA into one day. Hours are 9 am to 6 pm, and we will be there at 9 and stay til close. We want to ride Hulk, RRR, Spiderman, Dueling Dragons, Shrek, Ripsaw Falls, Simpsons, and Blutos Barges(if that's what it is called). Any other ones that we should definitely check out? I have read that the time we are going is one of the slowest times of year. We are hoping to get to RRR immediately and hope that the rest of the lines will be thinned out throughout the day as people wait for that one. What do you think? Can we do all of this in one day? Thanks!

My suggestion is to do the single rider's line of RRR unless you want to wait for two hours in line.

Make sure you do Mummy and Jurassic Park River Adventure as well.

You should have no problem doing those. Rockit will eat up a huge part of your day if you wait in the normal line since it doesn't always open with the park. If it does, you need to be at the park before opening and get there first. When we were there the coaster ran for two hours before it opened so many people were lined up outside the ride for two hours before they even opened the line.

What we did was go to the ride entrance and if the single rider's line was closed you just wait at the entrance until they open it. Usually that is about 1/2 hour max. Then you get right to the front of the singles line. They close the line when it fills up.

you said you only want to do 8 rides.

yup, you can cover them all in the time period you listed that you will be there.

be at the park before 8:30.
if the line is long, guests are let in before the official opening time.
go to IOA first.
more rides are open at that time that are on your list.

You should be able to get all of them done in that time :thumbsup2

Try to use single rider as much as possible, its a life saver.

you said you only want to do 8 rides.

yup, you can cover them all in the time period you listed that you will be there.

be at the park before 8:30.
if the line is long, guests are let in before the official opening time.
go to IOA first.
more rides are open at that time that are on your list.
:thumbsup2

Try to use single rider as much as possible, its a life saver.
::yes::

Thanks for the replies all! I definitely forgot about Mummy and Jurrasic Park. Those will definitely be on the list. Can't wait!

US/IOA in a day then DW the following day,your gonna have blisters from all that walking..

Yes second for sure Mummy and JPRA, those are #2 and 3 on my list with only Spiderman barely eeking them out in my #1 spot. And Mummy is probably THE best ride at the main Universal park IMO. Its a MUST do.

My suggestion is to do the single rider's line of RRR unless you want to wait for two hours in line.

Make sure you do Mummy and Jurassic Park River Adventure as well.

You should have no problem doing those. Rockit will eat up a huge part of your day if you wait in the normal line since it doesn't always open with the park. If it does, you need to be at the park before opening and get there first. When we were there the coaster ran for two hours before it opened so many people were lined up outside the ride for two hours before they even opened the line.

What we did was go to the ride entrance and if the single rider's line was closed you just wait at the entrance until they open it. Usually that is about 1/2 hour max. Then you get right to the front of the singles line. They close the line when it fills up.

To the OP - I hope you had a great time!! :thumbsup2

Damo - thanksf or the single rider's line info for RRR. Quick question. You mentioned that they close the single rider's line once it's full. Do they reopen it again when it's no longer full? Dh won't be riding with me, so I'll be alone anyway and I can't wait in a 2hr line while he's waiting on a bench! TIA! :goodvibes

Maybe a bit OT, but how wet do you get on Jurassic Park?

Not much. The water is shot to the front of the boat after the fall, and doesn't really get the riders that wet. Speciallyif you're seating in the back of the raft. Popeye's and Dudley will give you the free bath.

Maybe a bit OT, but how wet do you get on Jurassic Park?

i never get wet on that ride.

during the drop, i scoot down in my seat and put my head to the side in any ones lap that is there....:teeth:

the homies behind get wet then....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter