• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Both parks in one day?

Marth72

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My family going have one day available for touring the Universal Parks. We have not been to Universal Studios in years and have never been to Islands of Adventure. Our main purpose for going is to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but we want to see other things as well.

My question is whether or not we should get a two park ticket or not. We are definitely not going to be riding any hardcore roller coasters as we have a few members of our party that are prone to motion sickness. We also won't be that entertained by Suess landing because all of us are at least 18.

Do you think we will have enough to do at Islands of Adventure for a full day without riding any of the extreme thrill rides? Or should we get a ticket to go to Universal Studios as well?

Thanks for the help!

Both Universal and IOA have unique things to offer; I personally would not do one without the other but only you can decide :) They are really close together so it's easy to bounce back and forth- you could do both in one day - as long as you went when there were little crowds and you have a lot of stamina :rotfl:

Go for it if you can- you won't regret it :)

What about Spiderman, Dr Doom, water rides? There are only 2 hardcore coasters, Hulk and dragons. There are also shows will you be doing those? If there is plenty to fill your day at IOA I would stick to that. It really isnt pleasant to try and rush through 2 parks in 1 day even when limiting your rides.

IOA has lots to see and do to enjoy for a full day of entertainment.

What about Spiderman, Dr Doom, water rides? There are only 2 hardcore coasters, Hulk and dragons. There are also shows will you be doing those? If there is plenty to fill your day at IOA I would stick to that. It really isnt pleasant to try and rush through 2 parks in 1 day even when limiting your rides.

IOA has lots to see and do to enjoy for a full day of entertainment.

I think we will be doing Spiderman and a couple of the water rides, not Dr. doom though. I think you're probably right, there will be enough for us to do. I just wasn't sure if we would go on the rides we wanted to then wish we had been able to go to Universal Studios. Sounds like there will be plenty though! Thanks!:)

Well, if you decide that you still would like to do that once you are there they will upgrade your ticket. Honestly though you should be able to easily fill a day at IOA and still enjoy it without feeling rushed. If you do decide to just spend it at IOA, I would start AND end the day at Harry Potter. Seeing it in the dark is fantastic. :)

Well, if you decide that you still would like to do that once you are there they will upgrade your ticket. Honestly though you should be able to easily fill a day at IOA and still enjoy it without feeling rushed. If you do decide to just spend it at IOA, I would start AND end the day at Harry Potter. Seeing it in the dark is fantastic. :)

Okay, thanks! I especially enjoy the advice about seeing the area at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter