Borrowing points

NJDVCmember

Mouseketeer
Question:

If I borrow points from 2020 for a 2019 vacation and I have to cancel. What happens to those points? Holding account? I have to use them by???

Thanks so much!

Question:

If I borrow points from 2020 for a 2019 vacation and I have to cancel. What happens to those points? Holding account? I have to use them by???

Thanks so much!
It depends on when you cancel. If you cancel more than 30 days prior to the intended arrival, then your points go back into your account but stay in the UY that you banked or borrowed them into. The points expire at the end of the UY. In your case, the 2020 points that you moved into your 2019 UY would expire at the end of your 2019 UY. The 2019 points could be banked into 2020 as long as you have not passed the banking deadline.

If you cancel 30 days or less prior to arrival, then the points go into holding. All of the points. Holding points cannot be banked into the next UY. And they can only be used to book a reservation 60 days or less into the future. So, in your example all 2019 points and the borrowed 2020 points would go into holding. Any points that could not be used for a reservation within a 60-day booking window would expire at the end of the 2019 UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter