Borrowing points for 7 disney cruise

zachary

Earning My Ears
We(me,wife and 2 kids) are thinking of going on the 7 day disney cruise. Our plan is to borrow next years points and with some banked points have a total of about 475.

Is there anything we should be aware of? Should we pay cash for the kids? Does the 11 month window of booking apply?

Any info would be great....

thanks

Divide the dollar value by the number of points and you'll get a feel for the $/point value of the points for a given event. Because I couldn't do everyone on points on the cruise for us, I figured out the $ ratio and decide to pay for the kids and use points for us. I do this to make sure I get a reasonable value. If not, I pay cash.

Now, I don't get too carried away with this because the points are committed dollars. So if it was close and I didn't have anything in mind for the points I would use them. It's a little easier than cash out of pocket.

Kurt from MI

CB 1995
Vero/ASMov 1999
DVC joined 1999
OKW 1999
HH 1999
Disneyland Paris 2000
Vero/DCL/BW 2000
HH Dec 2000
DCL July 7 2001

We used points and paid for one of the kids.

While some people do look at the points and say that you are not getting bang for the buck, we looked at them and said would we take the cruise if we didn't have the points? Answer, nope!

And to answer the other question, you can book at the 11 month window. Also please be advised that the $75.00 fee does apply to exchanging with DCL.

Kimberly-Lucas and Ripley's Mom

birdhouse-sm.gif
dvcjoke.gif
dvcis.gif

We used points for 8 of us last spring on the 4 day and we are using points for all but one kid this spring on the 7 day. We paid for one kid. We always go to Disney during peak season (Easter break and Christmas week) and pay top points for OKW in a two bedroom so it doesn't bother me at all to pay the cruise with points. I have them and I use them. But then I pay 100 points for Friday and Saturday nights too.....

I look at it as a free cruise....:)

<font color=#FF0066>DVC since '93
20 trips to the World since '91 and
1 WONDERful cruise</font>
mms.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter