borrowing/banking ???s

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
We got our 50 pt add-on at BWV. My question is this....we had 150 pts. We are using 95 this summer and 105 in Nov. So, obviously we had to borrow 50 from '05. So, what happens to the 50 we just got? They are effective for 2004 according to our paperwork. I know that I can't put back the borrowed 50, but can I just bank the new 50 pts. into next year? I don't want to sound like a complete idiot when I call MS so any imput would be terrific.

My understanding is that you take the 150 plus the 50 and apply the banking rules to the total of 200. So if you are within banking guidelines of at least 25% you could bank the entire 50 points.

Originally posted by goofy4tink
We got our 50 pt add-on at BWV. My question is this....we had 150 pts. We are using 95 this summer and 105 in Nov. So, obviously we had to borrow 50 from '05. So, what happens to the 50 we just got? They are effective for 2004 according to our paperwork. I know that I can't put back the borrowed 50, but can I just bank the new 50 pts. into next year? I don't want to sound like a complete idiot when I call MS so any imput would be terrific.

If you tell me the Use Year for the 50 new points I can give you a definite answer. In general, if you are within the banking deadlines, you can go ahead and bank the Use Year 2004 points into Use Year 2005. You are correct that the points you borrowed have to be used by the end of this Use Year.

Originally posted by goofy4tink

Where did you find the 50 pts for BMV. DId you get it through disney or a resale place and when did ?

Originally posted by PamOKW
If you tell me the Use Year for the 50 new points I can give you a definite answer. In general, if you are within the banking deadlines, you can go ahead and bank the Use Year 2004 points into Use Year 2005. You are correct that the points you borrowed have to be used by the end of this Use Year.

My UY is June, so I figured I'm barely into my banking timeline. So, the new 50 can be banked at 100%, right? Well, as long as I tell them to do it now.

Originally posted by offtheice
Where did you find the 50 pts for BMV. DId you get it through disney or a resale place and when did ?

I called my guide about 10 days ago, maybe on the 5th or 6th. She told me she found the BWV pts. on the 9th. Guess I really lucked out on this one.

Yes, with a June Use Year you're home free to bank the new points.

I always feel like an idiot when I call ms!! I have a similar situation. I have a Sept UY and we purchased an add on of 100 points at SSR back in January. I made a 252 point booking (had 2 points left over from previous year) and thought I finally could make a booking without borrowing. We are going to Hawaii in November so I would have 252 points available. But guess what - because the deal wouldn't close until May when SSR was ready they made me borrow the 100 points (but in Sept. the 100 points would be available). Now I am so confused about when I have to use the 100 points from SSR. Sometimes I find the system so confusing and wonder if they do this on purpose so people lose points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter