Borrowing/Banking Question

BuzzLightYear3

Mouseketeer
Hi...a banking/borrowing question....

Question is, if I borrowed points to make a reservation for this Use Year and then I cancel the reservation, can I bank the points that weren't borrowed?

Specifically .... I made a reservation for Hilton Head this Spring that I just canceled. For illustration purposes, let's say it was a 250 point reservation....150 of the points used were from the current UY; the other 100 points were borrowed forward from next Use Year. I know I can't bank the 100 points that I borrowed.....I'm going to have to use or rent those points one way or another. However, can I bank the 150 points that originated in this Use Year into next year?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi...a banking/borrowing question....

Question is, if I borrowed points to make a reservation for this Use Year and then I cancel the reservation, can I bank the points that weren't borrowed?

Specifically .... I made a reservation for Hilton Head this Spring that I just canceled. For illustration purposes, let's say it was a 250 point reservation....150 of the points used were from the current UY; the other 100 points were borrowed forward from next Use Year. I know I can't bank the 100 points that I borrowed.....I'm going to have to use or rent those points one way or another. However, can I bank the 150 points that originated in this Use Year into next year?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes, you can bank the current UY points. There is no restriction that says once you borrow you are unable to bank points that are available to be banked.

I am assuming you are still within your banking window and that the trip was more than 31 days away.

As long as all that is true, then yes, you can still bank your current UY points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter