borrowed, banked and returned question

sasmmb

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm a little stymied on how this may work and hoping someone can illuminate me. Here is the situation. I have 160 points with a Feb UY. I banked 4 from 2014. I would like to make a reservation next week for my home resort that would need 269 points (taking the in-laws; need a 2 bedroom). So borrow 105 points from 2016 to make the reservation.

Now, I have a resale contract pending to purchase 30 points at same resort with Feb UY. Contract has 30 points banked from 2014 and 30 coming in 2015.

Can I then modify my reservation to use the 60 points from that contract assuming it passes ROFR? If so, what happens to my 60 borrowed points from the original contract? I got the feeling reading on the boards that it does not go back to the 2016 UY and I can't bank. Did I get that right? If so, what do I do?

Banking and borrowing are final transactions. They stay where they were moved to.

You might be able to bank the regular points that will be replaced with the new contract.

:earsboy: Bill

I am assuming that the trip you are planning is in your Feb 2015 use year likely about 11 months from now; if so:

The current use year points for that trip are those coming Feb 2015. The reservation will have in it 4 banked, 160 current, and 105 borrowed points (I believe that is what you are saying but maybe those 4 banked points is what brings you to that 160 number; either way there is no difference in what you can do). When you get the new contract, you will be able to take the 30 banked points from that contract, put them in the reservation, and take out 30 current year points. However, those borrowed points cannot be sent back to their original use year. So you would leave those in the reservation and, if you have no other trip planned for the 2015 use year, you would bank the 60 points from your Feb 2015 use year that you have left over from both contracts after making that initial switch.

I am assuming that the trip you are planning is in your Feb 2015 use year likely about 11 months from now; if so:

The current use year points for that trip are those coming Feb 2015. The reservation will have in it 4 banked, 160 current, and 105 borrowed points (I believe that is what you are saying but maybe those 4 banked points is what brings you to that 160 number; either way there is no difference in what you can do). When you get the new contract, you will be able to take the 30 banked points from that contract, put them in the reservation, and take out 30 current year points. However, those borrowed points cannot be sent back to their original use year. So you would leave those in the reservation and, if you have no other trip planned for the 2015 use year, you would bank the 60 points from your Feb 2015 use year that you have left over from both contracts after making that initial switch.

Got it! So I end up banking the 2015 points to 2016. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter