Booze in Magic Kingdom Poll

Should MK serve alcohol to the general public?

• Nope: Keep MK a family place as Walt wanted it.

• Yes: Alcohol is fine at MK, even if folks over indulge.

• Who Cares: Let folks drink as little or as much as they want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
Now that Be Our Guest will be offering beer and wine, do you think that this goes against Walt's ideals and should be allowed?

(Yes, they have alcohol at Club 33 at Disneyland, but that is a private club and not open to the public. Plus, the folks at Club 33 tend not to be people who would abuse drinking.)

I am excited to be able to have a nice dinner and wine. Now that my kids are grown we can meet Walt's dream of doing something we all enjoy and it is special. I don't think he would mind at all. I would check the second box but don't think anyone approves of overindulging in alcohol. We plan on having a modest glass of wine with our meal.

Ridiculous questions. The choices are don't drink or I like to be around drunks? Give me a break.

Ridiculous questions. The choices are don't drink or I like to be around drunks? Give me a break.
I was thinking the same thing. These choices are worded in a way that almost forces me to say "No" (out of the sheer ridiculousness of the other two options), when I'm actually fine with the change.

Do I think Walt would want it? No, I always liked the fact that MK was dry/ However, I don't think (I hope?) people will abuse this location having beer & wine only, it is for a nice sit down meal after 4PM. I have a 7yr old daughter , I do not drink anymore - I gave it up 14 years ago & my wife likes to have a glass of wine or 2 with dinner - sometimes. I think it will be OK, I repeat, I truly don't think people will be sitting at the table slamming down wine & beer then running amuck around the MK. They could do that now after having dinner and or drinks elsewhere then head over to the MK.

I'm not voting unless there is a "Yes" option that reads more like: "Yes. Rules will be in place to prevent things from getting out of hand"; or "Yes. Beer and wine with dinner available only to people with ADRs is nothing like Drinking Around The World at Epcot". The current "Yes" (and "Who Cares") options are jaded, cynical and not at all in line with what the majority of people here who want to vote "Yes" think or believe.

And the "No" option implies that a MK with beer and wine at dinner cannot, by definition, be a "family place". That is insulting to families all over the world, (and in this country too) who live happy, healthy, family lifestyles that incorporate reasonable, responsible alcohol usage.

I didn't vote. My answer would have been, "Yes. A glass of wine or a beer with dinner is perfectly acceptable."

Exactly! This person obviously has a problem with it.

My vote would have been:

"Yes, it's okay for adults to have a glass of wine at an expensive French restaurant."

And this caveat of Club 33 being private? What difference does that make? So, it's ok if you are rich and know someone? They are still in the park. Ridiculous!

In addition, Walt might have evolved his stance in the last 50 years had he been around. These people that seem to "know" what Walt would do in 2012 are delusional.

Where's the moderate option? Why are the only choices "even if folks overindulge" and "drink as much as they like"?

I want a real option 3: "I'm okay with alcohol being served at the Magic Kingdom as long as it's in line with the policies already in place in Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom."

Or: "I'm fine with alcohol in the Magic Kingdom as long as it's only available at Table Service restaurants, with a 2 drink limit."

Or even: "As long as it's ONLY at BOG, I'm happy."

Basically this is a badly written poll, in my opinion.

Give me a break

Now that Be Our Guest will be offering beer and wine, do you think that this goes against Walt's ideals and should be allowed?

(Yes, they have alcohol at Club 33 at Disneyland, but that is a private club and not open to the public. Plus, the folks at Club 33 tend not to be people who would abuse drinking.)

You can't be serious :rotfl:

Give me a break

You can't be serious :rotfl:
Wow, I completely missed that. From my experience at WDW, some of the most vicious, obnoxious drunkards I've ever seen were paying top dollar to stay in the suites at Grand Floridian Royal Palm Club. Money can't buy class (even though it certainly leads to classism). :rolleyes:

What is the difference is someone goes to Be Our Guest and has a drink or goes to the Poly or Contemporary to get hammered and go to MK?

Do you people never go to Epcot?

Or how about how disturbing it is that everyone is so up in arms about this. We have a serious obesity and diabeties epidemic in our country and the biggest problem with WDW is alcohol? Get a grip. If you want to get your panties in a bunch, do it because at every turn you're pressured to overindulge in processed, chemical-laden garbage; vats of soda, freakishly huge turkey legs full of growth hormones and nitrates, all-you-can-eat buffets at every turn. But yeah, lets freak because someone wants to enjoy wine or beer with their dinner. Frightening.

I have to remind everyone that Rusty Scupper has provided a lot of kind and valuable posts. It is obvious that this new rule makes him sad. Even though I disagree I admire you and respect your point of view.

I have to remind everyone that Rusty Scupper has provided a lot of kind and valuable posts. It is obvious that this new rule makes him sad. Even though I disagree I admire you and respect your point of view.

One can be critical of the poll without being critical of the poster. I think that is what people have been doing here. I don't see any personal attacks. Rusty's valued contributions to this board cannot escape the view of even the most casual and infrequent visitor.

Very skewed poll. Bascially it seems you're asking do you want drunk people everywhere or no drinking. Please!

I voted to keep it Walt's way, but my main thought is that I wished the the polls did influence Disney.. but I know they don't.

I'm also starting to accept the fact that my opinion, anymore, is outdated and trying very hard to get past the point of being disappointed with that.

I'll live with it because Disney will always be special...:goodvibes

I was thinking the same thing. These choices are worded in a way that almost forces me to say "No" (out of the sheer ridiculousness of the other two options), when I'm actually fine with the change.

Not voting don't like how it is worded either but my Op is I don't mind a drink being served in a TS enviroment, noone should be leaving sloshed...Maybe I could, light drinker here lol.. and as long as it cannot be carried thru out the park or bought anywhere else In MK and hopefully never will, I do not have a problem with it. But seriously, who's to say what Walt would have done in 2012!!

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter