Boondocking at WDW?

Solotreker

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling thru FL in my camper van later this month and have been invited to join friends at WDW for a couple of days. I'd love to get a site at Ft. Wilderness (been there, love it!) but right now, it doesn't look hopeful.

They can get me a guest pass for parking at their resort and I can stay in their room if necessary, but I'd prefer not to.

If I can't get a last minute site at FW when I get there, what about the possibility of "boondocking" in my van right in the resort parking lot for one or two nights???

I would be very discreet: only in the van late at night for sleeping; no lights, etc.

Has anyone ever done this or know what the "risks" are???

Do you mean your friends resort parking lot , or do you mean the overflow lot at FW? I'd keep calling for a campsite reservation.

Disney keeps a close eye on things....I doubt you could get by with stealth camping there.

Disney keeps a close eye on things....I doubt you could get by with stealth camping there.

1) You CANNOT stay in the camper overnight in a parking lot.
2) That is unethical.
3) It could be judged as theft-of-service by not paying a hotel room fee.
4) If caught, there are some no-so-nice things that could happen if Security wishes.

NOTE: I have seen the sheriff haul away folks for trying to park in our lot a
night prior to their ressie date. AND, they had paid ressies afterward. I can
only imagine what happens if the "camper" didn't even have a paid ressie.

I will be traveling thru FL in my camper van later this month and have been invited to join friends at WDW for a couple of days. I'd love to get a site at Ft. Wilderness (been there, love it!) but right now, it doesn't look hopeful. They can get me a guest pass for parking at their resort and I can stay in their room if necessary, but I'd prefer not to. If I can't get a last minute site at FW when I get there, what about the possibility of "boondocking" in my van right in the resort parking lot for one or two nights??? I would be very discreet: only in the van late at night for sleeping; no lights, etc. Has anyone ever done this or know what the "risks" are???
I wouldn't try it. If you did, however, and got caught. I would guess you would be asked to leave. I can't imagine it would be worth the time, effort and publicity to have someone arrested for parking a Motorhome, camper or van. Now, if you refused to leave, that would be a different scenario.

Thanks for the good info, it's kind of what I expected. I will either get a site or stay in their room!

But, are you suggesting that they let you stay overnight in the overflow lot at FW???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter