• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

booking with orbitz or other travel site

blakrose9999

Mouseketeer
anyone that has used a travel site such as orbitz or Travelocity to book Disney resort stay. Can you tell me if you can still link the reservation to the my Disney experience?

Can you get better rates through Orbitz and Travelocity rather than booking directly through Disney?

i have booked thru orbitz with zero problems
after you book make sure to change the shipping address as the default is to orbitz office in chicago, so you would not get your bands or paper work

Because otherwise the default is for your magic bands to ship to an Orbitz office. No idea if they would get to you from there or not. Remember that technically, when you book through Orbitz or similar, Orbitz is the one controlling the reservation technically, at least until you get on site.

Booked through Orbitz for our last stay and upgraded from POR to AKL for a steal! You are definitely still able to link it.

Hi all, when you linked your Orbitz res. to MDE did you need a special booking reference for Disney? We booked a one night stay @ POFQ thru Hotels.com before checking into the Poly (booked Poly thru Disney) because we had a $100 credit through Hotels.com to use for our arrival night. I've hesitated trying to link our POFQ res. To MDE because of the hassle, as MDE doesn't recognize our Hotels.com conf. #. Has anyone has any experience with Hotels.com and linking to DME?

TIA :)

You no longer get the booking reference that can be linked to MDX with Orbitz. (For information, Orbitz and its sister site, Cheaptickets, were acquired by Expedia in September and some things are different now after the changeover in corporate ownership.)

I have no idea if you get one through Hotels.com.

If they don't give you a number that works, you need to call someone to get the Disney number. It is a 12 digit number that begins with a 4. I have called Disney and they gave me the number. Others state that Disney refused to give them the number, but they would link the reservation to MDX for them. Still others have said Disney told them that they had to call the third party reseller to do it. Different levels of success with that. Some reseller agents on the phone hadn't the slightest idea what the caller was talking about.

If you book through a third party reseller, that reservation isn't supposed to be considered yours. It still belongs to the reseller until you actually show up. That is why the magic band shipment address defaults to the reseller's corporate address, and you have to go in and change it.

Last edited:
Hi all, when you linked your Orbitz res. to MDE did you need a special booking reference for Disney? We booked a one night stay @ POFQ thru Hotels.com before checking into the Poly (booked Poly thru Disney) because we had a $100 credit through Hotels.com to use for our arrival night. I've hesitated trying to link our POFQ res. To MDE because of the hassle, as MDE doesn't recognize our Hotels.com conf. #. Has anyone has any experience with Hotels.com and linking to DME?

TIA :)

Call or send an email. Ask them to please call Disney and get the 12 digit confirmation number that starts with 4 so that you can link it. If someone balks, just call or email and ask again.

Call or send an email. Ask them to please call Disney and get the 12 digit confirmation number that starts with 4 so that you can link it. If someone balks, just call or email and ask again.

Thank you for that information, I'll give that a try!

We've had great success using Orbitz. I have found their customer support through their online chat to be good as well. Only thing with Orbitz is their system will charge extra for kids. You have to book the hotel minus kids and then contact Orbitz so they can have Disney add the kids. Not as big of a deal as it sounds as we've never had an issue and it has always saved us a good bit of money.

We have booked through Orbitz but just be aware that both Orbitz and Cheaptickets often charge a $25 cancellation fee now for any cancellation made. Read the terms before you book as they have recently changed.

It is a small hassle to change your address and phone number (and I kept having to do this- I did it online in several different places - and had to do it again when I arrived at the resort because, in spite of the fact that I changed it online when I ordered Magic Bands and when I did online check-in, the front desk still had my address and phone number as the Orbitz address and phone number).

Seems like the new ownership of these sites has made booking through them more of a hassle. That is unfortunate. Not sure why they would do this. Seems bad for business.

I originally had CBR reservations through Disney but found a better rate to switch to POFQ using Cheaptickets. As mentioned by others, I just called customer service w/Cheaptickets to get the actual Disney confirmation number on my reservations (they had to call and place me on hold when doing so) and they had no issue telling me the number so that I could link it to MDE so that my reservation was linked to my MB. I did have to make sure I updated my address and phone number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter